Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

Lisa February 19, 2013 at 6:01 pm

I would have to agree. I have grown to love this show. I am VERY disappointed that it will not be back for a second season. The characters are quirky but that is what makes the show great. The awkwardness that makes people real and how they share her inner thoughts is charming to the show. I am usure at times why we can’t keep great shows like this on the air yet I have to put up with all of the shows like 90210 and other shows like it……

Johnnie February 19, 2013 at 4:55 pm

CW didn’t give this show enough time. Most didn’t know it was on. It was something to look forward too!

Anonymous February 19, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Can’t believe they’re goning to renew Americas Next Top Model – borrrrring, but ditch Emily Owens … guess it wasn’t dumb enough for them

Becky February 19, 2013 at 3:37 pm

I’m bummed I really enjoyed the show and would like it to come back.

Tonia February 19, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Being Emily Owens back!!!! There are not many good well written shows on anymore. Reality has replaced everything. If its not reality the shows are geared at the younger audience.

leah February 19, 2013 at 3:11 am

I love ,love, love, this show and will be so sad to see it taken off the air. We have a group of us that get together every week to watch this story unravel. And I would have to say its on the top of my fav’s list to watch. too bad. all the shows that give me a good chuckle keep getting sacked. I loved off the map too. feel like they don’t get a long enough shot to really make a go of it.

Dani February 19, 2013 at 1:01 am

Bring it back pleassssse!

Jennifer February 19, 2013 at 12:34 am

Really love this show! Wish they would renew for another season (or even a half season) and see if ratings improve! And perhaps not air it against events that are sure to grab viewers…

Mary Jo February 19, 2013 at 12:06 am

Yes, very disappointed that this is being cancelled. Excellent and very entertaining show. Reminds me so much of my much missed ER from several years ago. It’s so sad that if a show doesn’t have a lot of sex, violence and major drama, it’s cancelled. It’s also so much about the money, not about real entertainment and down to earth heartwarming stories that can boost peoples spirits. I hope another network will think about picking up this program. It’s been done before with great results!

kirsten February 18, 2013 at 9:09 pm

I cant believe this show is canceled. I love it! its my favorite show, and the only show that i even watch on the CW. I cant believe that all that stupid reality television survives, and an actual great show with characters that are appealing to watch gets canceled. Decisions like this, is why the CW does not continue to grow and increase its viewers.

jenny romero February 18, 2013 at 3:59 pm

so sad the show was canceled. I was really loving it. what a good show! i was looking forward to season two

fmc February 18, 2013 at 10:32 am

I’m so sorry to see this show go. I watched it every week, except for being pre-empted by the state of the union address. Please reconsider. Would live to see the progression of Emily, Will, Micah and all the rest. Please give this little gem more time!

faithhasit February 17, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Wish they would reconsider! I loved every minute of it. …..It’s one of those shows you talk about at work and don’t want to get up during. And if you dvr it you’re fast forwarding to the next….Love it. :(

Danielle February 17, 2013 at 5:16 pm

I’m also sad to see Emily Owens Md end. I don’t think that there was any closure and it ended in a season’s ending rather than a series finale. I guess we will be left wondering…

tina February 16, 2013 at 8:27 pm

I am sad to see this show end . I love all the characters. I wish CW could have given it more time.