Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

Winter February 20, 2013 at 12:10 am

I’m sooooo bumed! This was such a GREAT show! It has heart, chemistry, no foulness, WONDERFUL!

Now your airing a show about Cults…really???

What happened to entertainment that you could be proud of. :((((((

Candace February 19, 2013 at 11:53 pm

I’m so sad this show has ended! I loved it!

Jenn February 19, 2013 at 11:24 pm

This show is really great. It’s nice to have a tv program that isn’t a fake reality show. It has everything from drama to humor as well as romance all wrapped up in a nice package. Mabey we should have more shows like this one and less of Honey Boo Boo, The Kardashians, and Snookie. I’m so sick of all the “reality”. Bring the show back!!!

Shelia February 19, 2013 at 10:44 pm

I loved the show and I am sad it got cancelled. How about cancelling some of the ridiculous reality shows. I say BRING IT BACK. Give it some more time and promote it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

dani venn February 19, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Iloved this show, me and my girls curled up on the couch every tuesday night and watched it….so disappointed they took it off the air. Think it deserves another chance with more publicity maybe it will catch on!!

P February 19, 2013 at 10:02 pm

I am so Disappointed I can’t even put it in words. I hope they bring it back. That was the best show on tv an I looked forward to it all week.
Sooooo sad :(

jenn February 19, 2013 at 9:59 pm

This show was so good, people didn’t give it a chance, it seems that if a show doesn’t have violence or a vampire, demon, zombie type shit you wont air it on t.v. This was inspiring to see a young woman focused on her career, and maybe have a little romance too! Very disappointed in the CW for that decision.

Anonymous February 19, 2013 at 9:50 pm

I,m disappointed it was cancelled for another violent syfi show (which l will not be watching) Please bring back E.O show

Penny February 19, 2013 at 9:41 pm

This is a really good show. An amazing cast. Not much on TV these days that’s worth watching. I looked forward toEmily Owens everything Tuesday. BRING IT BACK!

Desideria February 19, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Please bring Emily Owens, MD back. It is a great show. I miss it. Thank you.

Jos February 19, 2013 at 8:37 pm

I really enjoyed this series. It was endearing, quirky, funny, smart, and interesting. I don’t get devoted to a show often, and I was really into this one for once. I’m pretty disappointed.

Carol B February 19, 2013 at 8:30 pm

I LOVED this show & ALL the actors in it!!! It was such a wonderful story line and a really decent show compare to all the silly mindless other shows around. I looked forward to seeing it every week. Please bring it back. I’m sick of seeing so much craziness & violence on t.v. I want EMILY OWENS BACK!!!! PLEASE!!

Nancy February 19, 2013 at 9:47 pm

I also looked forward to watching this show. It was my favorite tv program. there were always positive lessons in the end. A decent show that left you glad you watched it. I am very sad it was cancelled! A big loss.

catherine February 19, 2013 at 8:18 pm

i dont think its gair this show emily owens was getting good uou have yo give them more time people do like this show and i haved broken lots of hearts stop thinking for yourself and think of others u are just cruel and heartless i wish u will leave emily owens bak on thht stupid show called cult is bad for children and its dum emily owens was about love and how to be your self even around rude people. its a great show u are the one thht doeant have a great imagination .

Bev February 19, 2013 at 7:38 pm

I agree with Johnnie that the show wasn’t given enough time, and most didn’t know about it. I’m fed up with reality shows and don’t watch them. I loved this show!

Mary February 19, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Really, really bummed that this is canceled!! I could t wait to get home and get comfy on the couch and watch this every week!!! Please bring it back and give it another chance!!