Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

Anonymous February 26, 2013 at 12:20 pm

It is soooo hard to find good, wholesome shows to watch anymore. All they think about is how much money they get. Forget that people are actually looking for something worth watching. Seems like the minute you find a good show, it gets cancelled. Shame on you all for being so greedy! I don’t purchase cable because there is nothing worth watching for that kind of money. Oh well. Another station down the tubes!

Katy February 25, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I love this show so much. I will be sad if it’s not a part of my Tuesday nights anymore.

Paula February 25, 2013 at 7:15 pm

I can’t believe they cancelled Emily Owens! This was a great show, it was well written and acted with interesting characters. I also found this show late as I had been TiVo’ing it and just watched them all in a couple of nights. Please re-think this decision and bring Emily Owens back! We still need to see her do something to Cassandra! (The perfect “mean girl” GRRRR!!!!)

Debbie February 25, 2013 at 12:56 pm

It figures. I looked forward to it every week and I thought it was a great show even though it was on the CW because lets face it the CW has the most suckish shows ever. I am so done with this network.

Anonymous February 24, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Best show

Mary February 24, 2013 at 2:44 pm

I can’t believe this…this was a great show, entertaining, funny, and the cast were very talented and lived up to their role. I loved it and looked forward to watching it.

Michele Smith February 23, 2013 at 7:53 pm

HOW SAD! You didn’t even give it enough time for it to make a go of it! I loved this show!!!! So you don’t even give the viewers a chance? You just stop it!! I have been scanning to see if I missed the next episode….
PLEASE GIVE IT A CHANCE……SO SAD….;(

g February 22, 2013 at 9:11 pm

love the show BRING EMILY OWENS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kris February 22, 2013 at 1:59 am

Missed the first couple episodes, but REALLY love the show. Please, please, bring Emily back. It is truly an awesome show, with awesome characters and great story lines. Emily rocks! I even got my husband interested in watching with me!

Thanks for your consideration!

chasity February 20, 2013 at 10:39 pm

I love this show please dont cancel it. I looked foward to comming home from along days work and watching it. Why do you guys always cancel all the good shows.

BRING EMILY OWENS BACK

Chasity

Vicki February 20, 2013 at 7:35 pm

I’m so disappointed!!! I loved this show….waited for it every week. What were they thimking! The only place they failed was with the name of the show. It lacked creativity and “draw” appeal. Another season would have been a win, win for fans and the show!

Sylvia February 20, 2013 at 1:59 pm

I really enjoyed this show!! Am very sad it’s cancelled.

lmg408 February 20, 2013 at 11:05 am

LOVE THIS SHOW!!! bring it back!!
need to advertise this show.. i’ve never seen one commercial for it.. ever!!!

Teresa Ewing February 20, 2013 at 7:22 am

I love this show!! I agree with the others , that you haven’t given it enough time. I did not even know that it was on until I was scanning on demand and found it. Please think about giving it another chance!! I was looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Teresa :(

celeste February 20, 2013 at 12:30 am

I am so sad. This is the only show that I looked forward to seeing each week. Hate those people who take good shows off the air.