Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

Canceled and renewed TV show

363 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Ms. Matias says

I was upset! at last we able to watch a TV series between House”& “Grace Anatomy” and it is CANCELLED. Maybe the CW Network forget to count the Internet viewers. Good Look to the Cast and hope you aired a second season soon thru The Cw Network again or other TV Broadcasting Company like ABC.

2. says

I am so UN-HAPPY with the CW, I finally got a chance to watch it and I got hooked and to leave it like it was very disappointing ….. the CW doesn’t have much of good TV left. Too bad, they had such a good cast and good story lines! I won’t be watching the CW anymore, I mean, what other shows do they have left???

3. Natalie says

You know it really disappoints me when this happens. A truly good quality television show, good solid writing, a fresh and talented cast. The corporate folk are often clueless as to what work. The go for the Justin Beiber if television and that is just gutless crap! Take One Tree Hill, same network & lasted 9 seasons! What a joke! How could this be. On the opposing side, Arrested Developement, lasted only 3 seasons & now a 4the season airing directly to Netflix. The world of network television is dying and these white collar suits are completely disconnected from the audience. I truly hope that Emily Owens MD is able to find either a smarter network or even better, a separate source altogether to air the show. Can’t wait to see the totally new and fresh show replacing this one, likely geared towards a brainless, tasteless demographic….what a waist of air time!

4. says

I’m from the Philippines and I really love the show. Was it all about ratings or giving your viewers a quality show? This is the only drama series I watch in ETC.

5. says

No season 2–that is crap–everytime there is a good show on TV they cancel it and leave all these cartoon or reality stuff on. Not sure who makes these decsions but maybe they should listen to the dedicated viewers

6. san says

This is the only show I wait each week to watch. I have watched each one at least five times and I am upset that it’s being dropped. I am more upset than when the soaps started being dropped, and that is saying something. This show brought a smile or two and it was not gross or disgusting.

7. Victoria says

I’ve been waiting for this show to return on Tuesday nights. I am so disappointed with CW. They continue to keep the shows that deal wickedness instead of goodness and the real every day issues of what real people deal with. One of the real shows that I enjoyed here on CW. The Tuesday line up is all I watch on CW now, what a shame.

8. Denise says

I am very sad to see that yet another quirky show has been cancelled. I really looked forward to watching Emily navigate through her world. No wonder I wind up buying so many dvd shows. Bad decision. Maybe lots of feedback will change their minds. It did for other shows that went on to win emmy awards and develop a very loyal following, such as Cagney and Lacey for one.

9. says

I can’t believe they canceled Emily Owens MD it was a great show and put a stupid show in its place I love to watch it I never missed the show because I loved to watch the show I can relate to Emily’s character in the show with my life I know how she feels in real lifeI love to watch the show I never missed it I wish I bring it back the show put in its place I would never watch it because it is just not a good family show or a good show to watch to me it looks evil to me like the devil and I don’t watch those kinds of shows or movies I hope they bring back Emily Owens MD it was a really great show .

10. Jess says

WHAT!!!! No wonder every Tuesday here I am waiting for it to come up and nothing. That sucks, I loved the show. I feel so mad that I don’t even know what else to say…