Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

a April 1, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Before long all of us are just going to stop watching the new shows. The networks cancel them without giving us a voice . So why even start watching…so that you can be told Oh to bad it wont be back on. So shame on them they are discouraging people from watching and giving a show a chance. Emily Owens was a very good show. I guess they werent showing enough walking dead or chopping people up or shooting people enough to stay on tv.

Marilyn March 31, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Figures. Emily Owens MD was pretty much the only thing I watched on this network. A I was soooo looking forward to the next season. A really charming and entertaining show with an excellent cast of talented actors — Mamie Gummer! — like Emily Owens gets cancelled while SuperCrap garbage with the KarTRASHians and those “reality wives” continue. Those network idiots have their heads up their A**es. They need a full frontal lobotomy or something — oh wait. . .too late!

raqs March 31, 2013 at 9:40 am

how dare they do this to us!!! This is a fun and done to earth show, no vampires’nor duper heroes were needed’ this show was what needed on this network and they find”t bother with the viewers feelings or options. So don’t watch anything else in this network for to me it’s all garbage and ugly stuff geared at those types of individuals that like garbage and gory junk. Well goodbye to Emily and thing in some more vampires’zombies and skanky girls.

Kim March 27, 2013 at 12:11 am

I loved this show it made me laugh and I am very upset that they cancelled it. It’s the only show on WB that I watched. I’m hopeing they will bring it back.

dawn b March 25, 2013 at 11:19 pm

I LOVE this show. I am so disappointed to hear that CW won’t be picking it up for a 2nd season. What was CW thinking. I hope they are picked up on another network

Kathleen Gibbons March 25, 2013 at 1:59 pm

I really enjoyed Emily Owens. I thought she was delightful and I liked the rest of the cast. Hope that they all have a future on television. Show not advertised much. The medical situations were very interesting. I thought the last show was a bit of a mess, but other than that, it was great.

Amy March 24, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I want it back. If only ppl would give it a .chance they wouldn’t want to stop watching

Anonymous March 22, 2013 at 1:45 am

I’m a man and never watch girlish tv shows. But I LOVE watching Emily Owens and am really mad you are canceling it! My Russian soul is in want for more!!! Reanimate Emily, do!

Anonymous March 21, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Bummer that they cancelled Emily Owen. They always cancel the good ones and leave on that “reality” crap.

Manda March 20, 2013 at 10:17 pm

I am soo sad this show hot cancelled!!!! It was a great show! I hope another network will pick it up?

BAM March 20, 2013 at 6:29 am

I am very disappointed that Emily Owens has been cancelled. I looked forward to watching every week. I know several people that watched it and loved it, I can’t believe there will be no more episodes…this is a great let down from CW which is the main station I watch.

Terrie LeMay March 19, 2013 at 8:56 pm

I can’t believe it canceled… That was the only show I turned my TV on for… It was clean and funny… Please bring it back….

Kathy Duano March 19, 2013 at 7:45 pm

I lived this show… The way you ended it sucked and I am so mad it’s not coming back!!!! CW SUCKS SOMETIMES!!!!

Krista March 19, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I am very upset to hear they’ve cancelled this show! Emily Owens is what made me start watching the CW again! Please bring it back!!!

Purvi March 17, 2013 at 8:05 pm

How did they not get the ratings? It is the best TV series that has come up after a long time. I loved it and I miss it. Please continue the show.