Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

Canceled and renewed TV show

365 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. a says

Before long all of us are just going to stop watching the new shows. The networks cancel them without giving us a voice . So why even start watching…so that you can be told Oh to bad it wont be back on. So shame on them they are discouraging people from watching and giving a show a chance. Emily Owens was a very good show. I guess they werent showing enough walking dead or chopping people up or shooting people enough to stay on tv.

2. Marilyn says

Figures. Emily Owens MD was pretty much the only thing I watched on this network. A I was soooo looking forward to the next season. A really charming and entertaining show with an excellent cast of talented actors — Mamie Gummer! — like Emily Owens gets cancelled while SuperCrap garbage with the KarTRASHians and those “reality wives” continue. Those network idiots have their heads up their A**es. They need a full frontal lobotomy or something — oh wait. . .too late!

3. raqs says

how dare they do this to us!!! This is a fun and done to earth show, no vampires’nor duper heroes were needed’ this show was what needed on this network and they find”t bother with the viewers feelings or options. So don’t watch anything else in this network for to me it’s all garbage and ugly stuff geared at those types of individuals that like garbage and gory junk. Well goodbye to Emily and thing in some more vampires’zombies and ****** girls.

4. Kim says

I loved this show it made me laugh and I am very upset that they cancelled it. It’s the only show on WB that I watched. I’m hopeing they will bring it back.

5. dawn b says

I LOVE this show. I am so disappointed to hear that CW won’t be picking it up for a 2nd season. What was CW thinking. I hope they are picked up on another network

6. Kathleen Gibbons says

I really enjoyed Emily Owens. I thought she was delightful and I liked the rest of the cast. Hope that they all have a future on television. Show not advertised much. The medical situations were very interesting. I thought the last show was a bit of a mess, but other than that, it was great.

7. Anonymous says

I’m a man and never watch girlish tv shows. But I LOVE watching Emily Owens and am really mad you are canceling it! My Russian soul is in want for more!!! Reanimate Emily, do!

8. BAM says

I am very disappointed that Emily Owens has been cancelled. I looked forward to watching every week. I know several people that watched it and loved it, I can’t believe there will be no more episodes…this is a great let down from CW which is the main station I watch.

9. Terrie LeMay says

I can’t believe it canceled… That was the only show I turned my TV on for… It was clean and funny… Please bring it back….

10. Kathy Duano says

I lived this show… The way you ended it sucked and I am so mad it’s not coming back!!!! CW SUCKS SOMETIMES!!!!

11. Krista says

I am very upset to hear they’ve cancelled this show! Emily Owens is what made me start watching the CW again! Please bring it back!!!

12. says

How did they not get the ratings? It is the best TV series that has come up after a long time. I loved it and I miss it. Please continue the show.