Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

Canceled and renewed TV show

363 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Darian says

Wow.. I am so disappointed. This show was one I definitely planned to follow for many seasons. Honestly, I don’t feel like it was advertised enough. I don’t think very many people knew about the show. If more people knew about it and when to watch it, I’m confident that they would have.

2. Kat Venegas says

wow. the CW really has no clue about their audience. this show was quirky and real and the big execs did not get the picture. So I guess you can start doing all of those other realty shows that really suck!

3. Cindy says

This is a shame every time a good show comes on they never let it stay, always cancelled before anybody has a chance to start getting into it……Unless it is a dumb reality show which is all we have on TV lately, it never last….People need to get away from these reality shows we have our own lives ” that’s reality” and just enjoy well written well acted TV series……..

4. Mel says

It just started to get good where she agrees to dating Mika but they end with making with Will. I couldn’t wait to see what happens but I guess we will never know. I really hate when tv shows do that when they leave you hanging then get canceled. I hope someone else pick up the show and finish this story line.

5. Chery Rose says

This is so sad! I’ve finally started to enj0y watching tv series on tv after emily owens md was sh0wn and n0w i have to hear it cancelled.T_T.I still have high h0pes that seas0n 2 will be sh0wn. I will definitely miss all the cast especially dr.owens,i can’t imagine her doing any roles than being a “c0ol d0ctor”!

P.s. I even miss dr.k0pels0n eventh0ugh i hate her f0r stealing dr.will fr0m her.^_^

i super d0oper <3 this sh0w!please rec0nsider!pleeeaaassssssseeeeeee!

6. Kathy says

Too bad they cancelled this lovely show. I thought the how had heartwarming episodes and I am going to miss it. Needed a better time slot to get more viewers, I believe.

7. says

I am upset that the show is cancelled. I love the show and couldn’t wait to watch it every week. I think it was a wrong decision.

8. Mari Arnette says

I am really sorry that the show has been cancelled. I totally agree with Amie above. The show was “a charming and intelligent show. Naturally, that’s why it won’t be on anymore. Didn’t pass the “wasteland” test.”

It is too bad that shows like this are cancelled and other shows that are basically trash, keep the ratings up. It just shows where people’s mind are!

9. Amie says

Really sorry to learn of this cancellation. It was a charming, intelligent show. Naturally, that’s why it won’t be on anymore. Didn’t pass the “wasteland” test.