Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

Sue October 7, 2013 at 12:56 am

I enjoyed the show and was really looking forward to the new season only to be disappointed again that a show I like is cancelled.

Brian October 5, 2013 at 2:24 am

I’m so sad to hear that they cancelled the show, I watched it in Hong Kong and I love the show!!!! Please do a season 2!!!

Deb October 1, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I loved this show! I am sooo sad ! They actually have a decent show on and they go and cancel it!!!!

AMC September 30, 2013 at 8:39 pm

It was obviously cancelled due to poor advertisement. I only heard of it by accident, and am very disappointed because it turned out to be an AWESOME show! They should reconsider their cancellation.

Anonymous September 11, 2013 at 6:13 pm

myy gggaaawwwddd!!!! I think the show deserves a season 2, 3 ,4 etc. This show really rocks! the network should consider trashing crap reality shows, but this one? hell no! Hooray for emily owens!

Angel September 4, 2013 at 4:51 am

It got cancelled because there are more idiots on the planet.
Reality shows? Bah! How could people believe them they are more staged than stage plays.

sam August 16, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Oh my God you have to bring Emily back have not been able to stop watching them since I found it. It’s so good and I can’t believe that more people haven’t been watching it I have to know more on what will happen. Please please bring it back.

Michelby August 16, 2013 at 11:18 am

OMG….my daughter and I cried on the last episode…what will she EVER do???? It really hit hard to find out it will not be back….we bonded over the show and now are in search of a new bonding experience….but it will never be the same without our crazy Emily!!! We loved watching her character develop….what can we do to bring the show BACK!

Mags July 28, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Add another voice to the list of “I like Emily Owens, MD, bring her back”.
Not every show breaks fast out of the gate and not every set of network execs gets the viewer demographic.
There were some significant messages in the undercurrent of this show that should continue to be explored. There was some essential quality to the productions.
The central character solidly filled an identification void – and not just for women.
Emily Owens, MD just needed more growth time

Michele July 21, 2013 at 10:01 pm

PLEASE bring the show back. It is a great alternative to reality tv. BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

anonymous July 9, 2013 at 7:20 pm

this is such a good show! please bring it back

Anonymous July 3, 2013 at 9:25 am

I loved this show!! Bring it back CW! Maybe it was in the wrong time slot? or not enough publicity? Try again..

Kathleen Franz RN June 26, 2013 at 11:56 am

I enjoyed Emily Owens MD, it was like an updated Grey’s Anatomy. Must we all be subjected to cop shows and “Reality trash? It had humor, current day issues, a bitchey boss who had an alter ego and a moral! I’ve never watched. Real Housewives where the wives don’t even live in the state they represent or Bathelor, Big Brother, etc. some of the renewed shows only happened because of the star not the quality of the show. Wake up TV execs and serve all the public!

Lynn Risor June 24, 2013 at 11:04 am

Love it, really sorry to see it cancelled. It was the one show I looked forward too, have no idea, why it did not go over!

Kit Clarkson May 19, 2013 at 1:31 am

I too really enjoyed this show. Very positive for women and every other non-white male group! Too bad CW, now I can watch other networks.