Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

Sara February 11, 2014 at 6:19 pm

I’m a total fan. Saw it on Netflix and have been waiting for the second season, but…. Maybe Netflix will pick it up. Emily Owens is awesome.

Christina February 4, 2014 at 11:14 pm

I’m so sad! I love the show! I just finished it, took about a week. I didn’t want it to end, sad that it has.

Theresa February 2, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Love the series. Hate not hearing there will b no more. Big Mistake!!!

JUSTINE January 21, 2014 at 4:01 am

I loved the show!! It was on my DVR recordings and I just recently checked to see when it was going to be on again and just found out it had been cancelled….. It is a shame….

Rachel January 2, 2014 at 10:02 pm

I just finished all the episodes of “Emily Owens, MD” on Netflix in two days! I looked to see if another season was coming and there isn’t, so disappointed. They need another season!!!

Stephanie December 29, 2013 at 7:10 pm

Emily Owens was a great show. That is why I was so sad that I did not help contribute to its ratings. In the begging I seen one preview on the CW for Emily, yet after that I just didn’t hear about it. This is why I didn’t get a chance to see it because I had no idea it had already started. That’s why when I seen it on Netflix I watched all 13 episodes in 2 days. I just wish they would give the show another chance.

Anonymous December 29, 2013 at 7:00 pm

In the beginning I wanted to see Emily Owens on the CW ,but I ended up missing when it started. This is why when I found it on Netflix I finished all 13 episodes within two days.

lynn December 28, 2013 at 4:36 pm

WHAT, I really loved that show and was so looking forward to season 2. This stinks. I am soooooooooo up- set.

Pinky December 26, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Down to the final episode of Emily Owens. I knew this show was to good to be true.

Linda December 15, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Like others I discovered Emily Owens on Netflix and enjoyed it so much I watched all episodes in a few days. So disappointed not to have future episodes to look forward to!

stephanie December 29, 2013 at 7:25 pm

I did the exact same thing. Do to the pore advertisements for Emily Owens I ended up missing the entire show when it was on tv. This is why when I seen it on Netflix I watched all 13 episodes in 2 days. This is also why I was so made when I heard it was already canceled and that the cw is replacing it with a different show by the same person.

Adilene December 11, 2013 at 2:54 am

I loved Emily Owens M.D. i really am dissapointed is no longer going to be playing :(
I so don’t like Arrow….

molly November 25, 2013 at 5:57 pm

I’m so bummed they are canceling the show! I discovered it on netflix and was a HUGE fan. I watched the first season in 3 days and was looking forward to another season. Come on CW! every good show I start to like gets cancelled, this show is just as good as Greys anatomy….why cancell it? Greys is in its 10th season. Please make it a serious and make more seasons!

Catherine Bugden November 24, 2013 at 10:14 pm

People don’t watch television anymore. There is no time, especially for all the non sense commercials. I waited for the show to come on Netflix, and I loved it. A relief from the crap drama of other hospital shows.

Donna basinger November 20, 2013 at 10:01 pm

I just watching all the episodes in a few days. We need season 2

Dukster November 18, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Never heard of “Emily Owens,MD” until it aired on Netflix and I just loved it. This is a must see and would love a Season 2.

Lele February 1, 2014 at 7:39 pm

I too watched all the episodes in two days and at first I was like too much like my Grey’s but then I was like “I Love It” I hate that it’s gone Mamie is a great actress and it was a wonderful cast!!!!!!! CW should have fought harder! I wanted to see what happened! I liked Micah!!!!!