Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

Vickie Sparvero January 28, 2013 at 10:03 am

PLEASE DONOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!! FINALLY A GOOD CLEAN SHOW TO WATCH THAT’S NOT A REALITY SHOW! ENOUGH OF THAT CRAP!!!! CW YOU HAVE MADE SUCH A HUGE MISTAKE, YOU ARE GOING TO LOOSE VIEWERS BECAUSE OF THIS. I HAVE BEEN A FAN OF JUST ABOUT ALL THE CW SHOW’S BUT THIS REALLY MAKES ME ANGRY. LOVE EMILY OWENS! BRING IT BACK!!!!!

Storm January 27, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Found this show by accident and fell in love with it. I have been watching it every week since. Just told one of my friends about it and she loved it too. Stinks they are cancelling it already. Loved the characters and story line. I will miss this show, to bad a good show is getting cancelled before it really gets started. Not much on TV Tuesday nights and this was a good one. Only watching the CW becasues of this show.

Nancy January 27, 2013 at 11:10 am

Cant believe it! Finally a good show, with great actors and a story!!! So sad!

Lisa January 24, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I love this show! It is so easy to relate to Emily and the other characters are great as well. I don’t think the show was advertised very well. I only found it by flipping through channels one night. I wish there would be a season 2.

Me January 24, 2013 at 12:24 pm

oh well

Kendra January 23, 2013 at 1:17 am

I cannot believe arrow got a second season and Emily didn’t and I’m a Syfy fanatic. Arrow lacks well pretty much everything I hate that show. But Emily Owens is amazing I admit at first I was skeptical I didn’t even watch the premiere but when I did start watching it I fell in love I mean who couldn’t relate to her I just think people didn’t give it a chance I bet if there was a second season the show would become one of their hits they just need to give people time to discover how amazing it is so I encourage all fans tell everyone you know to to watch next weeks episode maybe if we can spike up the ratings they’ll change there minds who’s with me?

Carol January 23, 2013 at 12:47 am

Emily should not be cancelled. It’s a fun and interesting show that gets better each episode.Reaaly good character interaction!

Cyrene January 22, 2013 at 10:35 pm

Seriously!! This such crap. What’s worse is the not knowing. If these network officials at least gave these shows a chance or the opportunity to answer the questions they setup for us. Viewers wouldn’t be so pissed when they don’t come back.

Sara January 22, 2013 at 9:38 pm

I love this show!!! I just stumbled upon it as well but Ive tuned in for every episode I even got my mom into it!! We’re both so dissapointed that its been cancelled. Im going to try those petitio websites.Ive already gathered the information to contact the network itself. I dont understand that they keep shallow reality shows instead of good hearted dramas.

Cherry January 22, 2013 at 6:40 pm

I LOVE THIS SHOW ! PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

Marianna January 21, 2013 at 1:36 pm

I hate this! Its not fair! I loved EMILY OWENS,md. IT WAS THE BEST! this sux. omg, how i wish it were to come back on air. the cw officers suck, they should give the show a chance, it just began, forgodsakes.

Gup January 19, 2013 at 12:34 am

GO TO CHANGE.ORG! And sign the Emily Owens petition to save the show! Then go to ipetitions.com and sign the “Resuscitate Emily Owens” petition. We have a month to save the show!

EverlastingOne January 17, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Not happy about Emily cancellation. WILL be looking for it on another Network. CW will regret letting it go…. believe me, Emily Owens, MD is a GREAT show! I watch it faithfully every week. I don’t get to see it on Tuesdays, yet with the CW app, I watch it on Wednesday nites after I go to bed on me iPad.

David McCay January 17, 2013 at 2:13 am

I think that the show got cancelled because who in their
Right mind would think Emily would be anybodies role
Model? The absolute most insecure mousey person on
Prime time tv. If she had slapped someone or even
Stood up for herself just once instead of being a mat
Everybody wiped their feet on. the show had pretty
Good story lines as far as the medical part of the show
but no one would want an er hospital with all the
Doctors and interns under 30 yrs old. The characters
Personal lives didn’t exist past work terrible writing
About what happens after work NO excitement at all
Not one exciting thing ever happened to the MAIN
Character her character maybe had fun 1 or two times
she just always goes home or out drinking with nothing
Ever ending up happening. maybe a hangover the next
Morning. Not one Time did she sleep or even attempt
To actually do anything with her insecure. Modern
Andy Griffith or Happy Days she would have been good
Actress to play roles for 50s and 60s shows or battered
Spouse roles where the main character has no self-esteem
It 2013 people like that don’t exist just like Pan Am.
People don’t like people who won’t stand up for themselves
Just get run over everyday. Too depressing enough of
Those shows on already grow up Emily.

Tiffany January 18, 2013 at 4:22 pm

So… all tv shows need to have wild parties and sex???? Maybe because people of a certain maturity (and we are far and few between, now days) are the ones who like the show, it didn’t need that aspect. Yes, EVERYONE has insecurities and at one time or another reverts back to the person they were when they were young and not so sure about themselves. This is one of the realest shows on tv because, no, not everyone tells people off and walks away victorious as the other person stands there with a “did that just happen?” look on their face. Or hauls off and slaps someone because they’ve gotten tired of being picked on. I think in a day where kids (young adults and teens included) are obsessed with shows like Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Gossip Girls and 90210 Emily does stand out as a role model for younger people. Big mistake on the part of CW cancelling it. I think ratings would have went up from word of mouth about this show!

Malakar January 19, 2013 at 12:40 am

What does being a role model have to do anything about a show being canceled? That just makes no sense.

Stacy January 16, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Wow what happened to giving a show a chance. I watch cw and never saw the first commerical for Emily owens. I just happened upon and loved it. Its a show I can watch with my teenage girls with wonderful role models. So sad. We also watch Arrow and love it, however I think if they would have advertised Emily Owens as hard as Arrow or the New Carrie Diaries it too would rising in the ratings