Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

patricia January 31, 2013 at 3:42 pm

i think that this show has a lot of potential verses some of the other shows that get renewed and do not deserve it. I think it was not given a fair chance when it aired from the network or media. I hope that it will be picked up by another network who would appreciate good acting that express different emotions.

Theresa Billingsley January 31, 2013 at 2:16 pm

It stands to reason….if it’s a good show, it get cancelled!!!!! Too bad.

Anonymous January 31, 2013 at 10:34 am

When someone told me that Emily Owens was canceled I thought they were joking until I looked it up myself and I still can’t believe it. It’s such a great show. I really hope that another network picks it up – I would truly miss this show. LOVE IT.

Carla January 31, 2013 at 1:01 am

I love this show!!! So disappointed they are canceling it!

abbey January 30, 2013 at 9:47 pm

I LOVE this show!!! SOOO sad that it is cancelled!! Can we still save it?

Erin January 30, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Such a great show. Very disappointed.

Taylor January 30, 2013 at 7:49 pm

NO! This was my favorite show! I absolutely loved Emily’s awkward yet brilliant personality. & her relationship with Micah And Will were adorable! This was an amazing show! It was extremely STUPID for cw to cancel. I am disappointed. Why is it always the good shows? & now we are all left to wonder what happens next! God, cw is so stupid. This was pretty much the only show i really enjoyed of theirs. The rest are crap! I am really disappointed. I really hope with all my heart that Emily Owens M.D. gets picked up by another channel. PLEASE!

lorraine January 30, 2013 at 3:53 pm

So very sorry this show is being cancelled. Any chance another network would pick it up. This show presents young women as capable and intelligent, great role models. So tired of networks dumbing down to the Kardashians of the world.

Nancy January 30, 2013 at 11:03 am

I am a 4th year med student. I love this show as it gives a fairly accurate sense of internship. Really sorry it was cancelled

Linda January 30, 2013 at 4:51 am

Seriously! It’s a great show. The cw is dropping it because it would rather air crappy tee is bopper shows than anything with substance. The reason this show didn’t survive is because of the network it was on. Put it on any other network and it would have survived. Don’t cancel it! It’s such a great show!!!!

sandy lear January 30, 2013 at 1:11 am

OMG. This is my favorite show!!! Nooooooo you can’t cancel it!! What is wrong with TV execs. Maybe you should try actually push the show. I give up. CW you had a definite winner here and gave it zip promotion. Idiots.

Anonymous January 29, 2013 at 10:55 pm

Love Emily Owens MD. Wish it was not cancelled!

Lani Milas January 29, 2013 at 10:25 pm

I am so sad Emily Owens was cancelled. It’s a great show and Mamie Gummer is extremely talented. Even though she has wonderful genes (being Meryl Streep’s daughter) she stands out on her own. I have now put her in the Sandra Bullock catagory. She has a fantastic onscreen presence and she draws you into her character. I was immediately touched by her charasmatic and heartwarming performance. I love the show and I do hope that there will be a proper and fitting finale. It is too bad more people did not watch this show, as they will never know what they missed. I hope to soon see Mamie on another show or on the big screen. I will misss her.

Heather January 29, 2013 at 6:04 pm

I’m very sorry to hear that Emily Owens, MD has officially been cancelled. I liked tuning in every week and seeing what other uncomfortable or awkward position Emily was going to get herself involved in and how she would deal with it. I was also curious to see how the working relationship with Dr. Bandarhi would work out. I’m really bummed that this one is cancelled.

Marie January 28, 2013 at 6:13 pm

got into this show late, but really like it! Why is it all the good ones get cancelled??
Can’t ya give it a chance? Characters are good, and it grows on you !

Heather January 29, 2013 at 6:07 pm

That’s exactly how I feel. Why are all the good ones cancelled?