Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

Amber D February 7, 2013 at 12:16 am

I just got done watching the finale episode, and wanted to know when season 2 started. I saw canceled!!! Not ok. I love this show, and I think the network should have givin it a time slot. Why cancel a fantastic show? All those crazy soaps are still on and there terrible. I am not happy with the outcome of this. Sucks!!!

Teri February 6, 2013 at 10:28 pm

I don’t want it to be canceled!! I love this show!!

Corinne February 6, 2013 at 10:21 pm

what? to make room for another reality show? get real and put something on that in fun and smart and great to watch – like Emily Owens. tv executives suck!

Deborah Johnston February 6, 2013 at 9:15 pm

I cannot believe you are cancelling Emily Owens, MD. This is one of the new best shows on TV. I don’t think you’ve given it enough time for people to discover it. Mamie Gummer is fantastic!!!! Please keep it on.

Teri February 6, 2013 at 7:53 pm

So sad to see such a warm and funny show cancelled before it was given a chance. Loved it and looked forward to it each week.

Anna Marie February 6, 2013 at 5:32 pm

I really like this show. I wish that they wouldn’t have cancelled it!

jeannette February 6, 2013 at 5:00 pm

I am a fan of this show. I can’t believe u canceled it. Then end it they way you did. Very diappointed. I think it should be renewed

Jennifer February 6, 2013 at 4:13 pm

i loved emily owens md . i liked it because it was family friendly . there are so many shows all about sex and vampires, it was nice to have something normal we can all understand. my Boyfriend even liked the show. Were all mourning our loss.
we will miss you !!!!

Oh and i have nothing else really to watch on cw i suggest a Ban on CW till they bring her back !!!!

Madeline February 6, 2013 at 2:44 pm

I really enjoyed this show! I always watch it on Hulu due to the time slot but I never miss it. Come on CW. Renew this winner and give it a better time slot.

Julie February 6, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I found this show totally entertaining and the charaters very relatable. I was saddened to discover it had been cancelled. I am so over the ‘reality’ TV airway take over. I wish there were more shows like Emily Owens M.D. on air. I will miss it. :o(

KB February 6, 2013 at 1:24 pm

NO!!!!!!! I love this show and can’t believe they are shutting it down. Is there anyway for the producers to reconsider? I love the complexity of the characters and the story lines. So sorry to see it go.
Idaho

W. Morse February 6, 2013 at 11:51 am

I’m a Heterosexual guy and I love this show. Really good writing and acting. C’mon CW what are you thinking?! Give it a chance! All you need to do is use the paddles…now clear!

mingi February 6, 2013 at 11:40 am

I agree with maddie comment 100 percent I enjoy this series

Toni February 6, 2013 at 6:32 am

I am so tired of all these networks cancelling good shows and not giving them a chance to be seen. The show needs to be advertised MORE not cancelled. Its only been a few months that its on. I am tired of watching reality shows, cooking shows, singing shows. I may not be able to watch it every Tuesday night, but I do get watch them on Hulu or DVR them so we can catch up with them and look forward to watching them. Give the shows a chances they deserve!!! Stop Cancelling them…

Maddie February 6, 2013 at 2:25 am

I cried watching the last episode of Emily Owens M.D knowing it was no more. I want to see more. I hate all the crap that’s on TV these days. The reality shows, vampires, crime and talk shows. This was a great show that was never promoted and I too found it by flipping channels. The Arrow should be canceled and let Emily stay on TV. If it was promoted more I know it would have had a better rating. The woman that played Emily was such a good actress. I hope I get to see here again. All the players in the show were great and that’s hard to find these days on TV. PLEASE let it come back.