Emily Owens, MD: Cancelled, No Season Two

emily owens md canceledThe Mob Doctor has essentially been cancelled and now The CW has officially cancelled Emily Owens, MD. The network has revealed that they won’t be adding to the initial 13 episode order and won’t be asking for a second season either.

On the positive side, all 13 episodes of Emily Owens will air. Hopefully this means that faithful viewers will get some kind of closure to the drama’s ongoing storylines.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Emily Owens got off to a poor start and the ratings haven’t improved. This season’s Arrow has proven that the tiny network can still produce new hit shows — at least by their ratings standards anyway.

Emily Owens, MD revolves around a young physician who discovers that her new workplace isn’t all that different from her days at high school. The series stars Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

What do you think? Are you a fan of the show? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? Why do you think it failed to attract a bigger audience?

jennabeish February 15, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Soooo disapointed! Will miss this show. It is relatable; im pulling for emily and adore the micah character. We want the sweet girl with flaws learn to grow a little more. Give us a chance to see that; it is a great little show! The creator of is has a great thing going. Too bad it did not advertise better.

Tessa Diaz February 15, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Why cancel a show that inspires people? Bring it back with another season and you will see that it’s the best decision you’ve (the producers) made. Bring it back!

Shelia February 15, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Here we go again!! Why take off this show ? No more reality shows!! Leave this show on , we love it!!

LSV February 15, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I loved this show!! First show in a long time that is clean and a family show! Why can’t they give it a chance, like other shows change the night or time? Very upset they cancelled this show! I have told people about the show and they loved it!! Because people who have the Nelson monitor on their TV don’t watch it.. Doesn’t mean millions of others arent!

Very Sad :(

adrianalo February 15, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I agree I am extremely disappointed I love this show to leave me hanging on the ending like that I really want to know what happens with Micah. I am going to write an angry letter to CW they cannot do this to me.

Mikem February 14, 2013 at 10:49 pm

I remember first watching the trailer to this show and thinking this kinda looks bad, and I realize now that, that may have been a reason for such a bad start in the beginning of the season. After actually watching the first two episodes on the app, I was hooked and fell in love with the show, it’s such a shame that its cancelled :(. I really hope they do reconsider.

April February 13, 2013 at 9:40 pm

OMFG!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?! MY FAVORITE SHOW! ALL THE ACTORS WERE PERFECT. LEAVE IT TO CWTV TO CANCEL ANOTHER GREAT SHOW. IM BOYCOTTING THAT STATION. I WANT IT BACK!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halie Huey February 13, 2013 at 12:20 am

I really, REALLY hope CW rethinks this!! What a great show and it was such a great story line, so many options to go from, each week I was so curious as to what was going to be happening next! I just started telling everyone about this show for it to be cancelled now! Please reconsider CW :(

Cathelina February 12, 2013 at 9:25 pm

I am seriously disappointed that you cancelled this show, I just found out that will not be coming back with Season 2 or any other season, when I went looking to see when the next season will begin. I hope you reconsider.

Bree February 12, 2013 at 8:13 pm

I am so disappointed to hear Emily Owens, M.D. has been cancelled. I really enjoyed this show and liked all the characters. Like others have said, there’s no interesting shows and the one’s you like end up getting cancelled. I wish the networks wouldn’t do that and give them a chance to get their ratings up. I liked this show it was kind of similar to Grey’s Anatomy but with a quirky twist which I really liked. And what woman doesn’t like watching Justin Hartley, he’s a sexy guy to watch. I do hope the network changes their mind, they had a really great hit with this show. I’m a very big fan of this show

Anonymous February 12, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Too bad. This was my favorite show to watch last season. Cute little show. I watch Hart of Dixie and then Emily Owens MD. I think this is a tough spot to be in because they are opposite The CSI programs. I don’t know why networks do this. And then there is nothing left to watch but stupid shows like Biggest Loser and The Bachelor. I don’t even watch network shows most of the time becasue there is nothing I want to watch for the most part. So I watch PBS.

Leslea February 12, 2013 at 10:34 am

I think that it is horrible. I love the show just as I did Ringer and The Secret Circle last year. They do not even give shows a chance before they cancel them. How it anything ever gonna make it if they just give up and never show it again. I am very upset at the CW. They ended One Tree Hill was an incredible piece of TV history and several other shows over the years and since have made new shows that never get out of the gate and get a start…give something a chance..Arrow is not good, wouldve been with Justin Hartley who played Oliver for years on Smallville another amazing show that ended. Instead he went to Emily Owens, MD, which is now being cancelled. I am soooo upset.

CK February 11, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I love this show i found it accidentally and started watching faithfully its to bad it has been cancelled it had great potential!

Monica & Maggie Johnson February 11, 2013 at 11:42 am

My daughter & I LOVE this show, we watch it together every week and she is FIFTEEN so that’s really saying something! It takes a special show to bring my teen out of her room, off of her phone, and downstairs to watch television with her old mom!
This is a great show, it makes us laugh – great stories and we love all the characters, there are so many shows on TV now that are worse that this one. This is one we actually LOOK FORWARD TO all week long. What a shame! Losing one GREAT SHOW!

laidamb February 10, 2013 at 9:12 pm

I am literally crying over the cancel the show!! It is so refreshing, lovable, there worst show out there!!!