Emily Owens, MD: Not Cancelled (Yet)

Rumors have been circulating that The CW’s Emily Owens, MD has been cancelled. It appears that they stem from a Vancouver set photographer, Susan Gittins, who tweeted, “Sad news today. Vancouver-shot #EmilyOwensMD cancelled. A charming show that got lost in Fall launch.”

The CW PR folks quickly disputed the rumor and Gittens later recanted, writing “Apology for false report. Was told today by reliable source that #EmilyOwensMD cancelled. The CW says show still in production.”

Unfortunately, Emily Owens, MD still looks destined to be cancelled. The new show has been getting terrible ratings and currently averages a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.27 million total viewers. Aside from Friday’s Nikita, it’s the network’s lowest-rated show in the demo.

What do you think? Do you like Emily Owens on The CW? Do you think that they’ll keep making and airing new episodes?

Canceled and renewed TV show

92 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Ruth says

I am a mature woman and I love this show. It takes me back 30 years to when I had all the inhibitions that Emily has. Please don’t cancel!!!

2. Cecelia L says

This is such a great sleeper show and I hope another station picks it up. John C. Kelly is one of the best in the business for hit shows. I think showing it on CW is what may be killing it. Too many fantasy and brat pack type shows for it to compete with. It’s a fine show that deserves another season.

3. Margaret says

Please Emily Owens fans! If you love the show as much as I do, go to:Change.org and sign the petition to save this show from cancellation! It only takes a minute! GO!

4. Pamela says

I have been watching from the beginning and truly love this show. Please don’t stop now…I want to see what happens next to all the wonderful characters – especially Emily.

5. Ellie Elzard says

If you cacel this show CW, you will be killing a show that gives Emily Owen like girls laughs and happiness! This show is great for its humor, acting and not to mention, its a clean show. Please renews it! Please let them do a second season! Someone help save this fantastic show !!

6. Susan says

Why say it’s canceled now before the season final, because who would bother watching it??? The news will come after it shows….Sad, because it’s a cute, charming show…

7. Sunshine6711 says

It is like a burst of sunshine. This show lights up my week every week. Thank you CW for a funny, lighthearted show. Please do not cancel it; you just need to advertise it more.
    CW you should try to hold onto this one.

8. Patty S says

I find it to be refreshing in the current TV climate of nothing but reality shows. Mamie’s acting is great and the story lines are fun. It reminds me a bit of the old Ally McBeal. Keep it on he air!!!

9. Janet Luallen says

I like it!!! The acting is very good!!!! And I have enjoyed the stories!!! I’d love to see more of Necar Zadigan too!