Emily Owens, MD: Not Cancelled (Yet)

Rumors have been circulating that The CW’s Emily Owens, MD has been cancelled. It appears that they stem from a Vancouver set photographer, Susan Gittins, who tweeted, “Sad news today. Vancouver-shot #EmilyOwensMD cancelled. A charming show that got lost in Fall launch.”

The CW PR folks quickly disputed the rumor and Gittens later recanted, writing “Apology for false report. Was told today by reliable source that #EmilyOwensMD cancelled. The CW says show still in production.”

Unfortunately, Emily Owens, MD still looks destined to be cancelled. The new show has been getting terrible ratings and currently averages a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.27 million total viewers. Aside from Friday’s Nikita, it’s the network’s lowest-rated show in the demo.

What do you think? Do you like Emily Owens on The CW? Do you think that they’ll keep making and airing new episodes?

Susan O December 19, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Pleeeazzz keep it on

Ruth December 5, 2012 at 7:22 pm

I am a mature woman and I love this show. It takes me back 30 years to when I had all the inhibitions that Emily has. Please don’t cancel!!!

Cecelia L December 5, 2012 at 10:05 am

This is such a great sleeper show and I hope another station picks it up. John C. Kelly is one of the best in the business for hit shows. I think showing it on CW is what may be killing it. Too many fantasy and brat pack type shows for it to compete with. It’s a fine show that deserves another season.

George Barber December 4, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Hey, Emily Owens MD is my daughters and my show on Tuesday’s (she is 16 and I am 48). I hope it makes it!

Margaret December 3, 2012 at 11:07 am

Please Emily Owens fans! If you love the show as much as I do, go to:Change.org and sign the petition to save this show from cancellation! It only takes a minute! GO!

Pamela November 29, 2012 at 4:51 am

I have been watching from the beginning and truly love this show. Please don’t stop now…I want to see what happens next to all the wonderful characters – especially Emily.

Ellie Elzard November 28, 2012 at 11:06 pm

If you cacel this show CW, you will be killing a show that gives Emily Owen like girls laughs and happiness! This show is great for its humor, acting and not to mention, its a clean show. Please renews it! Please let them do a second season! Someone help save this fantastic show !!

Margaret December 3, 2012 at 11:08 am

Go to: Change.org and sign the petition to save Emily Owens MD from cancellation!

Susan November 27, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Why say it’s canceled now before the season final, because who would bother watching it??? The news will come after it shows….Sad, because it’s a cute, charming show…

Deltagal November 20, 2012 at 11:56 pm

I love this show. I really hope they continue with production. Please give it a chance!

Yasmine November 20, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I adore this show, the last episode made me cry! I hope they don’t cancel it.

Sunshine6711 November 20, 2012 at 5:23 pm

It is like a burst of sunshine. This show lights up my week every week. Thank you CW for a funny, lighthearted show. Please do not cancel it; you just need to advertise it more.
CW you should try to hold onto this one.

Michelle R. November 20, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I love this show! After seeing Mamie on The Good Wife I am glad to see her get her own show!

Vivian November 19, 2012 at 12:02 am

Love the show. It’s like Scrubs meets Grey’s Anatomy.

Patty S November 18, 2012 at 5:22 pm

I find it to be refreshing in the current TV climate of nothing but reality shows. Mamie’s acting is great and the story lines are fun. It reminds me a bit of the old Ally McBeal. Keep it on he air!!!

Janet Luallen November 16, 2012 at 10:35 pm

I like it!!! The acting is very good!!!! And I have enjoyed the stories!!! I’d love to see more of Necar Zadigan too!