Emily Owens, MD: Not Cancelled (Yet)

Rumors have been circulating that The CW’s Emily Owens, MD has been cancelled. It appears that they stem from a Vancouver set photographer, Susan Gittins, who tweeted, “Sad news today. Vancouver-shot #EmilyOwensMD cancelled. A charming show that got lost in Fall launch.”

The CW PR folks quickly disputed the rumor and Gittens later recanted, writing “Apology for false report. Was told today by reliable source that #EmilyOwensMD cancelled. The CW says show still in production.”

Unfortunately, Emily Owens, MD still looks destined to be cancelled. The new show has been getting terrible ratings and currently averages a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.27 million total viewers. Aside from Friday’s Nikita, it’s the network’s lowest-rated show in the demo.

What do you think? Do you like Emily Owens on The CW? Do you think that they’ll keep making and airing new episodes?

Canceled and renewed TV show

92 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Kristie says

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!! Really really love it.
    Why not keep it , it has a great story line!!! One of the best shows on t v!

2. Karen says

Please dont cancel this show it is excellent. I look forward to this every tuesday. All of my girlfriends and I have a Tuesday night Emily Owens party. If you cancel this show it would be a big shame.

3. denise says

SAY IT AIN’T SO!!! I TOO live for Emily Owens night! Is there ANYTHING we can do to save it? Sad sad sad sad sad. :”(

4. says

I came to the show late but, it gettes better every week…this is the third show CW has cancelled that I liked…. I think I’m going to wait until the second season to start watching CW productions.

5. angela wentrup says

Please don’t cancel the show, I love Mammie and Justin together now, I have watched it from the begining, some cast members I can do without, but overall the love the show and Emily…..

6. says

I love this show. I can’t watch it when it’s on but watch it on CW. It has a lot of competition in the time slot it’s being shown. Any show will have trouble cvompeting in this time slot against NCIS.

7. Lynne R. says

Please don’t cancel this show! It is great and will get more of the audience it deserves, if you just give it a chance.

8. Joyce says

Just started watching in January 2013!! I’m addicted, please don’t cancel it’s the best show on CW and will have a following with people who watched Scrubs or ER.