Emily Owens, MD: Not Cancelled (Yet)

Rumors have been circulating that The CW’s Emily Owens, MD has been cancelled. It appears that they stem from a Vancouver set photographer, Susan Gittins, who tweeted, “Sad news today. Vancouver-shot #EmilyOwensMD cancelled. A charming show that got lost in Fall launch.”

The CW PR folks quickly disputed the rumor and Gittens later recanted, writing “Apology for false report. Was told today by reliable source that #EmilyOwensMD cancelled. The CW says show still in production.”

Unfortunately, Emily Owens, MD still looks destined to be cancelled. The new show has been getting terrible ratings and currently averages a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.27 million total viewers. Aside from Friday’s Nikita, it’s the network’s lowest-rated show in the demo.

What do you think? Do you like Emily Owens on The CW? Do you think that they’ll keep making and airing new episodes?

Patty February 22, 2013 at 3:23 pm

wheres my post???

Patty February 22, 2013 at 3:15 pm

PLEASE leave this show on!! I look forward to it every week. It is an intelligent show, well written and very well acted. It is my “feel” good show, I watch it and it just makes me feel better. I dont have to turn my head because of the violence, blood and gore, cover my ears because of the language or cringe because of the sex and nudity that is so casually shown. Believe it or not I am not a prude. I just dont want to see or hear that on a show I am watching. Save Emily Owens MD!!!!!

T February 22, 2013 at 3:01 pm

By all means cancel a show that was a bit different. Let’s have a few more servings of creep outs and over the top fantasy. There is so little to watch any more, I spend most of my time at public TV. They’ve got some good stuff there. I’ll still miss Emily. And spend another half hour at IPTV.

T February 22, 2013 at 3:00 pm

??? Cancel it because:

It doesn’t have anyone prostituting them selves
It doesn’t have sex up front and personal
It shows a realistic hospital experience
The characters are believable
The story line is plausable
It’s hard to find anything to watch that isn’t dumbed down so far it isn’t entertaining.

cjelks February 22, 2013 at 1:30 pm

please let us have this show back. It’s a winner. One of the few that can be enjoyed without turning every ten minutes. Reconsider, won’t you?

cjelks February 22, 2013 at 1:27 pm

I am so sad that this series is being taken off the air. whenever there is something decent I can watch, they take it off the t.v. The time slot is bad, but I watch on demand the next day along with many others. It doesn’t need any name brand stars. I love everyone on there. Let someone else have a chance to become… I hope someone will pick it up.

Mason Arnason February 20, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Hello! Reality Check! Keep Emily Owens, M.D. My family likes this show. Nobody gets gunned down. These are people, not a moronic reality show. Every time we see a show we like, it gets the ax…!!!!argh…

pat mejia February 20, 2013 at 8:40 pm

R u kidding me? – really am praying it is not cancelled and so does many manymore fans. We even have a “Rescusitate emily owens md” petition going on. This is the MOST entertaing show on tv. The admin of this network need an atitude adjustment and eye opener to keep show on

Claudette February 19, 2013 at 11:58 pm

Not too many really good shows on the T.V.
But this is my favorite one and even my husband loves it. We look forward to it, every week.
Both my sisters watch it and we love chatting about it the next day!
What are you thinking!

Sherry February 18, 2013 at 12:21 pm

This show is great!!!

Sherry February 18, 2013 at 12:20 pm

I love this show!!!!

Michael Olivestone February 17, 2013 at 1:21 am

Love the EMILY OWENS MD show.
One of my favorites.
Just hate her ruthless birchy black rival.
Justin Hartley is terrific.
The narration is superb.
Please keep it on the air.

Diane February 16, 2013 at 12:09 am

Am so mad this show is cancelled. Mammie Gummer you are a true star. You did your character proud. Please give the show another chance to prove how really good it is. The cast was excellent also, every one of them. Please give us a tv show where we don’t have to blow or shoot something up all the time. Something where people actually talk to each other and you also learn something too.

Cush February 15, 2013 at 10:31 pm

I agree with Patti. I finally found a show whose lead character relates to so many women, and now it is possibly being cancelled. Why? Ratings can go up, let the show get known first. Before you cancel. It has only been 13 episodes. Please re-consider.

Patti February 15, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Finding a good show on TV anymore is like finding a needle in a haystack. I’m so sick of all the reality crap that lowers your IQ 10 points everytime you stumble upon one. The only thing worse is the adult cartoons. I finally find a show that doesn’t destroy brain cells only to have it cancelled in the first season. I think I’ll just give up on the CW altogether, whoever is trying to pick the winners is probably losing money at the track.

Chase Espiritu February 18, 2013 at 4:23 am