Emily Owens, MD: Season One Ratings

Many medical TV series have been ratings hits and many have been flops. How will Emily Owens, MD fare on The CW? Stay tuned to find out.

Revolving around a young medical intern at a prestigious Denver hospital, Emily Owens, MD typically airs Tuesday nights on The CW network. The cast includes Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Emily Owens, MD will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.27 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Tuesday, 02/05/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.50 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.27 million.

Episode 01-12: Tuesday, 01/29/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.33 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-11: Tuesday, 01/22/13
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.36 million (+33% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-10: Tuesday, 01/15/13
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 1.02 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.24 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 01-09: Tuesday, 01/08/13
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.09 million (-16% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.26 million.

Episode 01-08: Tuesday, 01/01/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.30 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.28 million.

Episode 01-07: Tuesday, 12/04/12
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.41 million (+34% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.28 million.

UPDATE: The CW has decided not to order any further episodes, cancelling the series.

Episode 01-06: Tuesday, 11/27/12
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.05 million (-19% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-05: Tuesday, 11/20/12
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.29 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.30 million.

Episode 01-04: Tuesday, 11/13/12
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.38 million (+34% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.30 million.

Episode 01-03: Tuesday, 10/30/12
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 1.03 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.27 million.

Episode 01-02: Tuesday, 10/23/12
0.3 in the demo (-40% change) with 1.11 million (-34% change).
Season averages: 0.40 in the demo with 1.39 million.

UPDATE: The CW has ordered three additional scripts.

Episode 01-01: Tuesday, 10/16/12
0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.67 million total viewers.
Season average: 0.50 in the demo with 1.67 million.

Compared to last season’s debut of America’s Next Top Model in the same timeslot, the network was down by 44% in the demo (vs a 0.9 rating) and down by 14% in viewership (vs 1.96 million). It was not a good start.

What do you think? Do you like the Emily Owens, MD TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Iman December 5, 2012 at 12:39 pm

This show is amazing and is very different from the other shows on CW and all the other networks which is what makes it so special. The CW is comparing it to Americas Next Top Model which has had 19 seasons while Emily Owens has had 6 episodes? That is not a fair judgment. Don’t cancel this show!

MARGO December 3, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Emily is our family’s favorite show. If CW would give it another season, it may take off in the ratings. Many people don’t know about Emily yet due to CW being a smaller network. Everyone I tell about the show ends up watching it and loving it. Shows like this could bring more families to the CW (that wouldn’t be interested in vampire shows) and springboard the network.

Margaret December 3, 2012 at 1:13 am

I really love this show! It’s smart, clever, and funny. I don’t think it’s fair that it was canceled after 6 episodes! I think it should be given another chance! If you really love this show and don’t want to see it canceled. Go to:Change.org and sign the petition to save Emily Owens MD from cancellation! It only takes a minute! DO IT!

Abby November 23, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I can’t even tell you how much I love this show. It’s the one show I’ve ever been able to completely relate to. It’s crazy how much I feel like Emily!! Please let this show have another season!

Pat November 17, 2012 at 5:22 pm

This is a very different show, and I love it. Please advertise it, and give it a real chance for once. Don’t be stupid Luke NBC.

joe November 14, 2012 at 4:39 pm

this show is great. i love the story lines and i love the fact that it is not full of smut. smart and witty.

Melisa November 3, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I was really surprised at the pilot episode…..and so far after 3 episodes i have fallen in love with the show

DeeDee November 2, 2012 at 5:44 pm

I love this show! I’m away on Tuesday’s but I immediately watch it on Hulu as soon as it’s released! Please keep this show!

Rick Hollenbeck November 1, 2012 at 12:54 am

My new favorite show!!!

Cappy October 31, 2012 at 3:53 pm

I thought the pilot was kind of boring, but it seems to be finding its groove. I hope CW gives it a chance. I bet it catches on. I like it.

Lee October 25, 2012 at 9:10 am

I absolutely love the show. It reminds me a lot of Ally McBeal set in a hospital. It’s a shame it looks like it will be cancelled.

CARMIE October 24, 2012 at 7:43 pm

CW must be insane to cancel this show! I Love the show!

Rhea October 22, 2012 at 6:15 am

After watching the pilot episode, Emily Owens MD has become a favorite. I hope to see more episodes instead of cancellation.

Dee October 20, 2012 at 11:07 pm

I watched the first 5 minutes and couldn’t watch anymore. The show is annoying and how anyone could watch it is beyond me. I hope it gets canned. What a waste.

EMILY October 18, 2012 at 11:51 am

BY WATCHING THE FIRST EPISODE I STRONGLY BELIEVE IT SHOULD BE RENEWED FOR A SECOND SEASON AND MANY AFTER THAT ITS AN AMAZING SHOW!!! ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT