Emily Owens, MD: Season One Ratings

Many medical TV series have been ratings hits and many have been flops. How will Emily Owens, MD fare on The CW? Stay tuned to find out.

Revolving around a young medical intern at a prestigious Denver hospital, Emily Owens, MD typically airs Tuesday nights on The CW network. The cast includes Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Emily Owens, MD will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.27 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Tuesday, 02/05/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.50 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.27 million.

Episode 01-12: Tuesday, 01/29/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.33 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-11: Tuesday, 01/22/13
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.36 million (+33% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-10: Tuesday, 01/15/13
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 1.02 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.24 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 01-09: Tuesday, 01/08/13
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.09 million (-16% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.26 million.

Episode 01-08: Tuesday, 01/01/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.30 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.28 million.

Episode 01-07: Tuesday, 12/04/12
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.41 million (+34% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.28 million.

UPDATE: The CW has decided not to order any further episodes, cancelling the series.

Episode 01-06: Tuesday, 11/27/12
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.05 million (-19% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-05: Tuesday, 11/20/12
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.29 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.30 million.

Episode 01-04: Tuesday, 11/13/12
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.38 million (+34% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.30 million.

Episode 01-03: Tuesday, 10/30/12
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 1.03 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.27 million.

Episode 01-02: Tuesday, 10/23/12
0.3 in the demo (-40% change) with 1.11 million (-34% change).
Season averages: 0.40 in the demo with 1.39 million.

UPDATE: The CW has ordered three additional scripts.

Episode 01-01: Tuesday, 10/16/12
0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.67 million total viewers.
Season average: 0.50 in the demo with 1.67 million.

Compared to last season’s debut of America’s Next Top Model in the same timeslot, the network was down by 44% in the demo (vs a 0.9 rating) and down by 14% in viewership (vs 1.96 million). It was not a good start.

What do you think? Do you like the Emily Owens, MD TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

CAROL May 5, 2013 at 12:01 am

LOVED EMILY OWENS MD. PLEASE PUT BACK ON. MAMIE GUMMER AWESOME. ONE OF THE MOST DECENT SHOWS ON TV.

The nurse April 30, 2013 at 7:44 pm

I wanted to watch the show, but was busy… I watched it now, and this one is HOT THING! It is witty, and fresh, and genius!!! One of the best shows ever. Don’t get it, if one can continue amazing show, real quality and prefers cut it and renew some crappy show, which can’t be expected to be watched again…. PLEASE DO WISE DECISION FOR ONCE AND SUPPORT Dr. Owens
So I’m paging ER, please let Dr. Owens live!!!

Barbara Patterson April 12, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Please don’t cancel this show!!! I don’t think a lot of people know about it, but its funny, has compassion, has good stories lines. I quest it has a little bit of everything. I even got my husband who is a M.D. watching , and he hates all tv shows, especially the medical ones . So please …..keep it on. It is one of my favorite shows.

Michelle April 10, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Great show- give it a chance!!

Sophia Dizon March 26, 2013 at 4:13 am

Please don’t cancel the show, its a good one, i just watched it on etc that’s why i just new there’s a good series again like New Girl starring zooey deschanel… Please renew .. :)

Katherine March 19, 2013 at 12:36 pm
Anonymous March 5, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Loved the show!! Please renew!!!

Sheila Fraser February 28, 2013 at 11:53 pm

I love this show and Mamie Gummer is great! Renew the show!!,!!

Melody February 28, 2013 at 7:13 pm

I LOVE this show. It wasn’t advertised very much during the summer or after the show started. Other new shows were advertised over and over and over. Of all the shows I was watching, I looked forward to that one the most.

LoLo February 28, 2013 at 9:47 am
Lynda February 27, 2013 at 12:46 am

Absolutely LOVE this show! Great actors and really Good story lines! Please do not cancel this show. I was hooked from day one-

Barbara February 26, 2013 at 9:03 pm

This was the best show and I am so mad it is not continuing. I usually don’t care what is on T.V. because it seems to be boring. This show was very intertaining with a good cast, interesting plot and especially a twist or two in the humor catogory. Please reconsider putting it back on.

Audrey February 26, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Loved the show! Do not cancel it!

milly February 25, 2013 at 1:54 pm

pls!! bring the show back the first time that i pick it up i was in love i really like that series so sad can’t see it any more.

Carol February 25, 2013 at 11:27 am

I loved the show. I found it by accident, but once I watched it, I was hooked. There was not much publicity to promote the show, or I think it would have done better. Sad to see it go.