Emily Owens, MD: Season One Ratings

Many medical TV series have been ratings hits and many have been flops. How will Emily Owens, MD fare on The CW? Stay tuned to find out.

Revolving around a young medical intern at a prestigious Denver hospital, Emily Owens, MD typically airs Tuesday nights on The CW network. The cast includes Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Emily Owens, MD will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.27 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Tuesday, 02/05/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.50 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.27 million.

Episode 01-12: Tuesday, 01/29/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.33 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-11: Tuesday, 01/22/13
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.36 million (+33% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-10: Tuesday, 01/15/13
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 1.02 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.24 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 01-09: Tuesday, 01/08/13
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.09 million (-16% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.26 million.

Episode 01-08: Tuesday, 01/01/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.30 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.28 million.

Episode 01-07: Tuesday, 12/04/12
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.41 million (+34% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.28 million.

UPDATE: The CW has decided not to order any further episodes, cancelling the series.

Episode 01-06: Tuesday, 11/27/12
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.05 million (-19% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-05: Tuesday, 11/20/12
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.29 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.30 million.

Episode 01-04: Tuesday, 11/13/12
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.38 million (+34% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.30 million.

Episode 01-03: Tuesday, 10/30/12
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 1.03 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.27 million.

Episode 01-02: Tuesday, 10/23/12
0.3 in the demo (-40% change) with 1.11 million (-34% change).
Season averages: 0.40 in the demo with 1.39 million.

UPDATE: The CW has ordered three additional scripts.

Episode 01-01: Tuesday, 10/16/12
0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.67 million total viewers.
Season average: 0.50 in the demo with 1.67 million.

Compared to last season’s debut of America’s Next Top Model in the same timeslot, the network was down by 44% in the demo (vs a 0.9 rating) and down by 14% in viewership (vs 1.96 million). It was not a good start.

What do you think? Do you like the Emily Owens, MD TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Maximus Caprio January 26, 2013 at 10:31 am

Renew it please!!

C P January 24, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Please renew this show! It is my favorite show. I look forward to watching it every week!

Emily Fanatic January 23, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Please don’t cancel this show! It’s amazingly great!

LOUISE January 23, 2013 at 11:52 am

I really love Emily Owens. It keeps getting better every week. When it’s a character study it takes time to form feelings for the characters. This is a show the whole family can watch.

Alex January 23, 2013 at 1:18 am

I love this show. I know I am guilty of watching it on Hulu or recording, just like many others. I stopped watching the CW for a few yrs now. A lot of their shows are aimed to a younger audience like Arrow, Beauty & the Beast, Gossip Girl, 90210, all of theose shows I would have seen when I was a teenager or very young adult. Emily Owens is funny, smart, charming, WONDERFUL chemistry in actors, great plot! If some one doesn’t pick this show up then I will go crazy thinking about Emily and Micah!

willow rain January 21, 2013 at 12:44 am

I was surprised by how much I came to like this show. I think what I like most about this show is the good characters that everyone can relate to in some way. I don’t know if the show is completely realistic to the life of a doctor but that doesn’t really matter. Its a tv show and unlike reality telivision it is okay to be fictional. If you want a more realistic doctor show then watch Doc Martin (another good show). I sincerely hope that they do not cancel one of the only good stories on tv. I realize though that cw tv shows are all about money and not creating quality shows.

Steve B January 19, 2013 at 7:38 pm

The Neilsen ratings were fine in the days before DVR, On Demand, Hulu, and other services which allow viewers to watch a show when it is convenient. Emily Owens, MD is well written, well acted, and has characters people look forward to inviting into their homes — on THEIR schedule, not the network’s. By not considering these off-hour viewers and canceling a show with a growing audience, the CW is selling itself short. More importantly, it’s demonstrating a lack of commitment to a show which has finally found its feet, and to the actors who’ve so deftly brought stories to life each week. Come on, CW….do the right thing – revive Emily Owens!

Jen January 18, 2013 at 10:42 am

It’s such a shame. It’s a great feel-good show. It’s one of the few shows on that’s not dark or about murder, revenge, or stabbing others in the back. It’s well acted, and is finally getting its grove. It deserves a chance as something to make us all smile. Plus it’s a show I can watch with my 10 year old. I wish it could be saved.

Carmen January 18, 2013 at 6:30 am

I wanted to like the show because of the cast. After a couple episodes, I was really disappointed. It seemed as though the show could not find “it’s groove”. Around the time CW announced they were canceling, the show found “it’s groove”. I’m sure I’m not the only one who needed time to warm to the show. With an early cancellation notice, it’s near impossible to gain viewers because there is no reason to become invested in the characters. I will miss the show, it’s quirky characters and good actors.

Amanda January 17, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Renew Emily Owens!!!! It’s awesome!!!! It keeps getting better and better!

Emile Mant January 17, 2013 at 3:23 am

Renew it! They almost cut gossip girl it just needs more advertisement ppl love good shows and this definatly is a good show!

Cindy January 16, 2013 at 8:51 pm

I LOVE the show!!!! PLEASE renew it for another season!!!

simone January 16, 2013 at 5:14 pm

please renew it!! i love this show.

Jess January 16, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Please renew it

Jess January 16, 2013 at 4:34 pm

This show is great i will hate to see it go like secret circle.