Emily Owens, MD: Season One Ratings

Many medical TV series have been ratings hits and many have been flops. How will Emily Owens, MD fare on The CW? Stay tuned to find out.

Revolving around a young medical intern at a prestigious Denver hospital, Emily Owens, MD typically airs Tuesday nights on The CW network. The cast includes Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Emily Owens, MD will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.27 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Tuesday, 02/05/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.50 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.27 million.

Episode 01-12: Tuesday, 01/29/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.33 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-11: Tuesday, 01/22/13
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.36 million (+33% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-10: Tuesday, 01/15/13
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 1.02 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.24 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 01-09: Tuesday, 01/08/13
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.09 million (-16% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.26 million.

Episode 01-08: Tuesday, 01/01/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.30 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.28 million.

Episode 01-07: Tuesday, 12/04/12
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.41 million (+34% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.28 million.

UPDATE: The CW has decided not to order any further episodes, cancelling the series.

Episode 01-06: Tuesday, 11/27/12
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.05 million (-19% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-05: Tuesday, 11/20/12
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.29 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.30 million.

Episode 01-04: Tuesday, 11/13/12
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.38 million (+34% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.30 million.

Episode 01-03: Tuesday, 10/30/12
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 1.03 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.27 million.

Episode 01-02: Tuesday, 10/23/12
0.3 in the demo (-40% change) with 1.11 million (-34% change).
Season averages: 0.40 in the demo with 1.39 million.

UPDATE: The CW has ordered three additional scripts.

Episode 01-01: Tuesday, 10/16/12
0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.67 million total viewers.
Season average: 0.50 in the demo with 1.67 million.

Compared to last season’s debut of America’s Next Top Model in the same timeslot, the network was down by 44% in the demo (vs a 0.9 rating) and down by 14% in viewership (vs 1.96 million). It was not a good start.

What do you think? Do you like the Emily Owens, MD TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

zebby February 2, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Love this. It should not be cancelled.

Eternity February 2, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Renewed!! Emily Owens md is a great show. Finally some awesome witty characters on tv

Zandro February 2, 2013 at 2:35 pm

I’m from Philippines and I really like this show. the show is very interesting and its funny at the same time. I got very disappointed that the tv series got cancelled in US. this is one of the few shows that have sense and not just all about sex and killing thing. CW should renew the show.

Crystal February 2, 2013 at 10:39 am

One of the only reasons that I watch the CW at all is because of this show! There are too many reality shows on tv and it is nice to be able to sit down and watch a refreshingly witty script play out. If this show is cancelled, there would be no reason for me to watch the CW at all…

tspencer February 1, 2013 at 11:44 am

by the way, i am one of those who dvr’s it and watches it on another day because i am unable to watch it at its scheduled time….i dont think people like me are counted in the ratings numbers so PLEASE add my viewership to those numbers to keep this show going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITs SO GOOD!!!!!!

tspencer February 1, 2013 at 11:39 am

this is a REALLY GREAT show and i think it TRULY deserves a chance. I am a HUGE Grey’s fan but you can tell that they are struggling with it these days and I dont see it being on for that much longer. Emily Owens is so different but i still decided to give it a chance, and I am SO glad that i did. PLEASE dont cancel it…..give it a little more time to catch on and I am SURE it will be a huge hit…….DONT CANCEL!!!!!!!!!

maria February 1, 2013 at 12:19 am

I love this show!! Me and my co workers love this show! Please don’t cancep it… we want to see more dr. Owens.. please please please…

annette January 31, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Please renew! Love this show!

Annette January 31, 2013 at 8:06 pm

I absolutely LOVE this show. It feels like a fresh breath of air compared to all the other shows out right now. RENEW for sure!

monika January 31, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Please, renew it! I dvr it just so I can watch it over and over. Itsmy new favorite show!.

Rachel January 31, 2013 at 7:35 pm

I am in love with this show!!! It’s honestly one of my favorite shows I’ve ever watched…very relatable and refreshingly witty. I would really love to see it be renewed for another season!

twebb January 31, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Please REnew!!

Danielle January 31, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Such a GREAT show! One of my favorites..Please RENEW!

Karla January 31, 2013 at 11:06 am

please renew! i love this show..

emily January 31, 2013 at 10:39 am

Of course the show will not go up in viewership if you say it’s going to be cancelled. Who wants to get started on a show when it’s going to be cancelled. IT SHOULD NOT BE CANCELLED. I’m sick of the kill them all shows and the reality shows. This is a great funny almost relatable show. What a mistake.