Emily Owens, MD: Season One Ratings

Many medical TV series have been ratings hits and many have been flops. How will Emily Owens, MD fare on The CW? Stay tuned to find out.

Revolving around a young medical intern at a prestigious Denver hospital, Emily Owens, MD typically airs Tuesday nights on The CW network. The cast includes Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Emily Owens, MD will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.27 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Tuesday, 02/05/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.50 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.27 million.

Episode 01-12: Tuesday, 01/29/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.33 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-11: Tuesday, 01/22/13
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.36 million (+33% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-10: Tuesday, 01/15/13
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 1.02 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.24 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 01-09: Tuesday, 01/08/13
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.09 million (-16% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.26 million.

Episode 01-08: Tuesday, 01/01/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.30 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.28 million.

Episode 01-07: Tuesday, 12/04/12
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.41 million (+34% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.28 million.

UPDATE: The CW has decided not to order any further episodes, cancelling the series.

Episode 01-06: Tuesday, 11/27/12
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.05 million (-19% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-05: Tuesday, 11/20/12
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.29 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.30 million.

Episode 01-04: Tuesday, 11/13/12
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.38 million (+34% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.30 million.

Episode 01-03: Tuesday, 10/30/12
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 1.03 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.27 million.

Episode 01-02: Tuesday, 10/23/12
0.3 in the demo (-40% change) with 1.11 million (-34% change).
Season averages: 0.40 in the demo with 1.39 million.

UPDATE: The CW has ordered three additional scripts.

Episode 01-01: Tuesday, 10/16/12
0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.67 million total viewers.
Season average: 0.50 in the demo with 1.67 million.

Compared to last season’s debut of America’s Next Top Model in the same timeslot, the network was down by 44% in the demo (vs a 0.9 rating) and down by 14% in viewership (vs 1.96 million). It was not a good start.

What do you think? Do you like the Emily Owens, MD TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

KC February 8, 2013 at 1:04 am

Please renew, this is my favorite doctor show so do not cancel. Excellent cast and great storyline… I would love to see what happens next !!!!

Lisa February 7, 2013 at 6:27 pm

I LOVE this show!!! Please give it a fair chance. It is getting better each episode and I am invested in these characters. It is the show I most look forward to seeing each week!

Sommer Castor February 7, 2013 at 5:57 pm

I fell in love with this show and I am usually strictly scifi fantasy. I followed Justin Hartly over from his role as Green Arrow in Smallville and absolutely loved all the characters on Emily Owen M.D. It may have not caught on right away but everyone I have asked to watch this show usually loves it. I would definitely keep it going. I know, too little too late but I wish the cast of this show the best and look forward to following them on to thier next endeavor. Best wishes to Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady

Shelley February 7, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Fav new show!! Save Emily Owens . CW needs to give this show more time. It is truly a great show.

Bailey February 7, 2013 at 11:59 am

PLEASE DON’T CANCEL! It was just getting good! You have to give it more time!

Lisa February 7, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Totally agree!

Shawna February 7, 2013 at 7:45 am

Should definitely NOT be cancelled – I’ve been a devoted Grey’s Anatomy fan since season one, and Emily Owens is SO MUCH BETTER!!! Please don’t cancel, it’s the only CW show I watch. The rest are intolerable garbage!!!

Lisa February 7, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Emily Owens is my new greys anatomy as well! Please please please keep it!

Lay February 7, 2013 at 8:58 pm

I wouldn’t say it’s ”SO MUCH BETTER.” It’s good. It had a lot of potential. It’s unfortunate that it had to end, but Grey’s is much better.

Julia West February 7, 2013 at 5:02 am

The Cw did not give the show enough episodes to build an audience. The show built an audience too late for the CW to realize that people really liked it and it appealed to a wider range of viewers than the CW usually targeted. I believe that a 13 episode summer season 2 would be a nice treat for the last minute fan base the show achieved. Also if the show is not already on netflix, airing episodes on there would give the show a chance to attract new viewers. There are too many questions that the show left unanswered.

Wendy February 7, 2013 at 4:36 am

My daughter and I both love this show. It’s very refreshing , interesting, fast paced and entertaining. We would to see it around a while! Never have or ever want to watch top model or what ever it is your up against !

Jami Shane February 7, 2013 at 2:38 am

Look , this is one of the best shows in the cw aside from supernatural the vampire diaries and arrow , it needs to be renewed , this show was simply amazing ,please don’t cancel it :(

Nicole February 6, 2013 at 11:27 pm

I really, really, really liked this show. We NEED to renew this show! I think we’re all left a little empty from the 13th episode. This show must continue. We need to know what happens with Micah. Emily, Emily, Emily….. Why? When somebody knocked on her door, I wanted to see Micah. Ugh! Soo disapointed this show was cut short. Please renew. I’m actually soo sad right now! I remember the first time I watched this show…. Those were the good old days. This show had an excellent cast and excellent storyline. My mom, my sister, my brother and I were all hooked onto this show…….

PLEASE RENEW!

Chacha February 6, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Absolutely love this show! I don’t think it was advertised well that’s why it doesn’t have a high number of viewers. It’s educating and very interesting!!!

Anonymous February 6, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Please Renew! I absolutely love this show!!!!

Karen February 6, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Please renew another season. I love this show. Couldn’t wait every week to see it again. It is one of the best doctor shows on tv right now.

lexi February 6, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Love the show I would love to see a second season

Hannah February 6, 2013 at 6:01 pm

please please please renew! this show is everything scrubs SHOULD have been. when you take in count the ratings do you also take into account all the people in countries other then America. this show will do great just give it a shot and renew