Emily Owens, MD: Season One Ratings

Many medical TV series have been ratings hits and many have been flops. How will Emily Owens, MD fare on The CW? Stay tuned to find out.

Revolving around a young medical intern at a prestigious Denver hospital, Emily Owens, MD typically airs Tuesday nights on The CW network. The cast includes Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Emily Owens, MD will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.27 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Tuesday, 02/05/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.50 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.27 million.

Episode 01-12: Tuesday, 01/29/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.33 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-11: Tuesday, 01/22/13
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.36 million (+33% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-10: Tuesday, 01/15/13
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 1.02 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.24 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 01-09: Tuesday, 01/08/13
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.09 million (-16% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.26 million.

Episode 01-08: Tuesday, 01/01/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.30 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.28 million.

Episode 01-07: Tuesday, 12/04/12
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.41 million (+34% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.28 million.

UPDATE: The CW has decided not to order any further episodes, cancelling the series.

Episode 01-06: Tuesday, 11/27/12
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.05 million (-19% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.25 million.

Episode 01-05: Tuesday, 11/20/12
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.29 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.30 million.

Episode 01-04: Tuesday, 11/13/12
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.38 million (+34% change).
Season averages: 0.38 in the demo with 1.30 million.

Episode 01-03: Tuesday, 10/30/12
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 1.03 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.27 million.

Episode 01-02: Tuesday, 10/23/12
0.3 in the demo (-40% change) with 1.11 million (-34% change).
Season averages: 0.40 in the demo with 1.39 million.

UPDATE: The CW has ordered three additional scripts.

Episode 01-01: Tuesday, 10/16/12
0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.67 million total viewers.
Season average: 0.50 in the demo with 1.67 million.

Compared to last season’s debut of America’s Next Top Model in the same timeslot, the network was down by 44% in the demo (vs a 0.9 rating) and down by 14% in viewership (vs 1.96 million). It was not a good start.

What do you think? Do you like the Emily Owens, MD TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Sheila Treston February 16, 2013 at 11:27 pm

I stumbled into this show when channel searching a few months ago. I love this show!! So sad to see it cancelled! Some network be clever and bring it back!! I especially loved the Emily and Will storyline.

Mary T February 16, 2013 at 5:08 pm

I love this show. I taped it every week and watched it later. It was such a nice show and I loved the characters. Pleassssseeeeee bring it back. I love medical shows. I would like to know how it turns out for Micah/Will with Emily and what happens to Micah’s mom. You tease us with these shows and when we like them, you cancel them.

Gary C February 16, 2013 at 1:02 am

A great show with strong character development. Too bad the network doomed it to fail due to poor advertising and a tough time slot. If they wanted it to fail why tease us in the first place by giving us the impression that the TV industry could actually produce a quality show? I am very disappointed with the cancellation.

lori February 14, 2013 at 1:40 pm

I love this show! Hate to hear it’s being cancelled. Maybe the network should have advertised more. Although, I don’t normally watch anything on the cw so I just happened upon Emily Owens one night while channel surfing. Watched every week after that point but that was about half-way through the season. I will now go back and watch the episodes I missed, but wish it were coming back on. Is there anything that can be done to bring it back?

DANA FERGUSON February 13, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Please renew. It’s one of the best shows on tv. Actually, Emily Owens MD is my second favorite behind heart of Dixie.

Random February 13, 2013 at 5:18 pm

I love this show! Please do not cancel and give it another try

Riza Florencio February 13, 2013 at 12:04 am

yes, please renew, i loooove this show. i’m so surprised that it was not on air tonight and i looked it up online to find out the possibility of it being cancelled. that would be a total bummer

Melissa February 11, 2013 at 11:02 am

This quickly became one of my favorite shows. PLEASE RENEW!!!!!!!!!! I never write posts like this.

Bonne McGowan February 10, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Please, please, please renew this show!!! Its one of the most family friendly shows on TV and I need to know what happens after the last episode!

Stacey February 10, 2013 at 3:41 pm

The only reason why Emily Owens MD didnt get good ratings in the beginning is because it came out the same time the presidental debates started. This show needs to be given another chance!

Stacey February 10, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Emily Owens MD NEEDS to be renewed!!! Please don’t cancel the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebekah February 10, 2013 at 3:35 am

I will DIEEEEE if I can no longer watch this show!!! Seriously, please please please renew!!!

Mary February 9, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Please renew this series. It is one of the best shows on any network, much better than any of the other first season programming. Please reconsider your decision. Thank you!

Maria February 9, 2013 at 12:10 am

I Love this Show. It is full of heartfelt stories and Emily’s caring makes this the best show on tv right now!! Please bring it back!!!

Emmi February 8, 2013 at 6:37 am

I think CW should renew Emily Owens and give it another shot for the next season. I really really love the show!!! We still want to know what will happen to Micah’s mom and Dr. Bendari’s previous secret affair, and where Emily and Will’s love story goes. Please renew the series!!!