Emily Owens, MD

CW TV series Emily Owens MDNetwork: The CW
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: October 16, 2012 – February 5, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

current TV show

TV show description:
Emily Owens (Mamie Gummer) thought that she was done with the world of high school. After all, she graduated years ago and has now finished medical school as well. Unfortunately, her years as a geeky girl have come back to haunt her.

Emily is beginning an internship at Denver Memorial Hospital, a facility where her med-school crush Will Collins (Justin Hartley) is also an interning. Unfortunately, her high school nemesis, gorgeous and popular Cassandra Kopelson (Aja Naomi King), is also interning at Denver Memorial as well.

Another intern, Tyra Dupre (Kelly McCreary), warns Emily that the cliques at the hospital are all too familiar: the jocks have become orthopedic surgeons; the mean girls are in plastic surgery; and the rebels are in the ER. Tyra has her own awkward place as “the principal’s kid” since her father, Doctor Tim Dupre (Harry Lennix), is the chief resident. Tyra latches onto Emily as a new friend, and immediately begins confiding in her. Nothing is too personal to share with Emily — Tyra is a lesbian, that she hasn’t come out to her father yet and she’s interested in dating a certain nurse.

Emily soon realizes that the long-standing rivalry she had with Cassandra back in high school is only going to grow. Both Emily and Cassandra are competing to impress brilliant Doctor Gina Bandari (Necar Zadegan), a world-famous cardiothoracic surgeon who’s been an inspiration and role model to both of them for years.

While Emily and Cassandra vie for Doctor Bandari’s approval, they’re also competing for Will’s attention. Handsome Will and Emily were friends in medical school but Emily was always hoping for more. Will has made it clear that he likes their relationship the way it is — as just friends. Emily struggles to convince herself that being friends with Will is enough, but it bothers her to see Will and Cassandra even talking with one another.

Meanwhile, Emily is also getting to know Doctor Micah Barnes (Michael Rady), a nerdy yet smart and handsome resident. Micah is faced with serious medical issues within his own family, and Emily’s compassion proves an invaluable help. Impressed with Emily’s medical skills and warm bedside manner, Micah brings her in on a delicate surgery and talks her through the procedure, boosting her confidence and bringing them closer — both professionally and personally.

With the long hours, the heavy workload, and personal drama filling her first days as an intern, Emily still fees like she’s the new geeky kid all over again. It’s just as awkward as high school. Somehow however, she’s sure that she can make it.
space

Series Finale

Episode #13 — “Emily and… the Leap”
Emily’s decision about starting a relationship with Micah becomes even more complicated when Will hears about it and begins to feel jealous. Emily and Tyra treat an unruly woman, but after learning of her home hoarding situation, Emily wonders if the woman’s personality changes may be caused by her many cats. Now that Cassandra and Will have broken up, Cassandra’s strictly professional behavior distracts Will and causes him to misdiagnose their patient. Meanwhile, Micah’s sister comes to town after finding out the truth about their mother.
First aired: February 5, 2013

space

What do you think? Do you like the Emily Owens, MD TV series? Do you think that it should have been cancelled or renewed for another season?

Haley February 6, 2013 at 11:23 am

I personally loved this show! My family and I are loyal followers to it every week! I am very disappointed that they decided to cancel it and in the way they decided to end it. They left it with way to many “what ifs”! I think they should do atleast one more season just to clear up all the cliffhangers they left us with! Emily Owens M.D was by far one of the best shows on television! I am also a loyal follower to Hart Of Dixie and personally I believe they are running out of ideas for that show. Instead, take a season or two off from Hart Of Dixie and devote that time to Emily Owens M.D! They need to bring Emily Owens M.D back!!!!

Diane February 6, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I totally agree that they should reconsider bringing it back. I personally looked forward to it each week because I love medical shows in general and I think the storyline was very innovative. It kept me interested every week and the lead character was extremely appealing. Please bring it back!!!!!!

betsy February 6, 2013 at 10:08 am

i love this show..pls do not cancel it..here’s to hoping other network to pick it up??

Sharon Mc February 6, 2013 at 9:53 am

I really enjoyed this show. It had a great cast,It wasnt all about sex.its story line was about a lot of people fillings, you should renew this show and give it another chance, Let Emily come to understand she did not love Will,,, and put her with Mika,,,,, Keep this show goning,, Really like it a lot.. never missed one show.

Doll February 6, 2013 at 9:38 am

Love the show! This is the only series I don’t want to miss! Please don’t cancel it.

Laura February 6, 2013 at 8:27 am

I’m so disappointed about this show being cancelled. Truly a great show that I looked forward to every week. Loved the cast, and story lines. So sad!!!

mary February 6, 2013 at 7:32 am

Please bring it back especially after last night’s season ending episode! so much left to do. This is the best show!

:) February 6, 2013 at 5:01 am

Love it do not cancel it

Amy February 6, 2013 at 3:45 am

Renew and do a better job promoting! Great show! Great cast!

Krista February 6, 2013 at 3:12 am

I love this show watch it every Tuesday.. And I’m always on the edge of my seat.. Although she deserves Micah instead of Will but who am I.. Lol I hope they don’t cancel it cause it a great show.. :) and I’d be heart broken..

Sharon Mc February 6, 2013 at 9:54 am

They are taking it off the air,,,

linda February 6, 2013 at 2:45 am

Please Please DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW. There is so much garbage on TV now days when some network puts on something as good as Emily Owens Md you people want to take it off. What s wrong with this picture? This show is very up beat that you cant wait for it to come back on the next week. Please rethink your decision to cancel. Even my 78 year young mother cant wait for it to come on every week. Oh by the way this show is for the young and old viewers. So again please rethink your de├žision. Thank you very much.

Leasa February 6, 2013 at 1:55 am

Please, do not cancel this show! I can not stand it when I find a really good show, and the net works cancel it. While I am not to happy with Emily sleeping with will, I would be devastated if the cancel the show.

Leasa

Lydia February 6, 2013 at 1:07 am

I love this show please don’t cancel

Annette Jones February 6, 2013 at 1:05 am

Please renew for at least another season… Great show, and we are particular at this house! One of the best shows on TV… Move it to an earlier time slot, and it will be a huge hit.
Thanks, aj

SARAH February 6, 2013 at 1:02 am

please DO NOT CANCEL I love this shoe why do you people always cancel the good ones!!!!!!!!

Nancy February 6, 2013 at 12:47 am

Please renew this series. I watch it every week.