Emily Owens, MD

CW TV series Emily Owens MDNetwork: The CW
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: October 16, 2012 — February 5, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

current TV show

TV show description:
Emily Owens (Mamie Gummer) thought that she was done with the world of high school. After all, she graduated years ago and has now finished medical school as well. Unfortunately, her years as a geeky girl have come back to haunt her.

Emily is beginning an internship at Denver Memorial Hospital, a facility where her med-school crush Will Collins (Justin Hartley) is also an interning. Unfortunately, her high school nemesis, gorgeous and popular Cassandra Kopelson (Aja Naomi King), is also interning at Denver Memorial as well.

Another intern, Tyra Dupre (Kelly McCreary), warns Emily that the cliques at the hospital are all too familiar: the jocks have become orthopedic surgeons; the mean girls are in plastic surgery; and the rebels are in the ER. Tyra has her own awkward place as “the principal’s kid” since her father, Doctor Tim Dupre (Harry Lennix), is the chief resident. Tyra latches onto Emily as a new friend, and immediately begins confiding in her. Nothing is too personal to share with Emily — Tyra is a lesbian, that she hasn’t come out to her father yet and she’s interested in dating a certain nurse.

Emily soon realizes that the long-standing rivalry she had with Cassandra back in high school is only going to grow. Both Emily and Cassandra are competing to impress brilliant Doctor Gina Bandari (Necar Zadegan), a world-famous cardiothoracic surgeon who’s been an inspiration and role model to both of them for years.

While Emily and Cassandra vie for Doctor Bandari’s approval, they’re also competing for Will’s attention. Handsome Will and Emily were friends in medical school but Emily was always hoping for more. Will has made it clear that he likes their relationship the way it is — as just friends. Emily struggles to convince herself that being friends with Will is enough, but it bothers her to see Will and Cassandra even talking with one another.

Meanwhile, Emily is also getting to know Doctor Micah Barnes (Michael Rady), a nerdy yet smart and handsome resident. Micah is faced with serious medical issues within his own family, and Emily’s compassion proves an invaluable help. Impressed with Emily’s medical skills and warm bedside manner, Micah brings her in on a delicate surgery and talks her through the procedure, boosting her confidence and bringing them closer — both professionally and personally.

With the long hours, the heavy workload, and personal drama filling her first days as an intern, Emily still fees like she’s the new geeky kid all over again. It’s just as awkward as high school. Somehow however, she’s sure that she can make it.
space

Series Finale

Episode #13 — “Emily and… the Leap”
Emily’s decision about starting a relationship with Micah becomes even more complicated when Will hears about it and begins to feel jealous. Emily and Tyra treat an unruly woman, but after learning of her home hoarding situation, Emily wonders if the woman’s personality changes may be caused by her many cats. Now that Cassandra and Will have broken up, Cassandra’s strictly professional behavior distracts Will and causes him to misdiagnose their patient. Meanwhile, Micah’s sister comes to town after finding out the truth about their mother.
First aired: February 5, 2013

space

What do you think? Do you like the Emily Owens, MD TV series? Do you think that it should have been cancelled or renewed for another season?

Anonymous February 27, 2013 at 1:06 am

Keep the show going!!!!

Diana Owen February 26, 2013 at 11:51 pm

I am so ticked that this has been cancelled. I set my PVR to recard all so I would never miss it, Bring it back. Emily was so refreshing.
Change the time maybe, advertise it better….
I would set the PVR regardless and watch when I can relax & enjoy no matter what time.
WHY…… PLEEEEEZE bring it back….

Anonymous February 26, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Bring it back PLEASE!

hannah February 26, 2013 at 9:55 pm

noooo! bring it back!!

Shira and Ziva February 26, 2013 at 9:30 pm

NO, every time we find something we like , BRING IT BACK. PLEASE!

cindy February 26, 2013 at 9:29 pm

OOOOOh man!!! My daughter and I love this show!! It had a great story line, great cast. Why on earth would you cancel this show? We desperately need more intelligent television shows on that actually make you think and can teach while entertain. Please pretty please with sugar on top bring this show back. I haven’t been this sad about a show being cancelled since Medium. Does anybody remember that show? I would love to see these two shows come back. Until then I guess I will just watch my Netflix and maybe just cancel my cable. There is nothing good on tv anymore anyway, especially now.

Jennifer February 26, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Love it was a good show. Didn’t miss it
Reminds me of me

cATE February 26, 2013 at 9:05 pm

So very sad that this show Emily Owens is canceled. If anyone reading this has the power to re-new the show please considerr doing so. This is one show that is wholesome and enjoyable for all of the family to watch. Please bring it back

Ashley February 26, 2013 at 8:35 pm

So upset!! Bring it back!!

Barb February 26, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Please Please do not cancel!! it is a great show and I love it.

Leah February 26, 2013 at 5:43 pm

I really enjoyed this show and was looking forward to future episodes. I kept looking for it on the menu but could not find it. I just learned that it was canceled and it is sad. I feel like the CW could have picked a few of their other shows to take the ax, examples being beauty and the beast and the Carrie diaries. a real shame.

Anonymous February 26, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Enjoyed this series so much. So sad it’s cancelled. Please bring it back!

Ginger February 26, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I am very disappointed. At least let us have some closure with what happened with everyone. I hope another network picks it up. PLEASE!

Jennifer February 25, 2013 at 10:36 pm

I am so so sad that this has been cancelled. You know every single show I love gets cancelled. When you think about the time we waste watching shows for them to get cancelled, what is left, except being bummed and time we can’t get back. What a waste.

Cristina February 24, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Really disappointed that this show was canceled. I really wanted to see what happened to Emily and Micah, especially after what happened in the last episode. I hope this show gets picked up somehow.