Emily Owens, MD

CW TV series Emily Owens MDNetwork: The CW
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: October 16, 2012 — February 5, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary, Harry Lennix, Necar Zadegan, and Michael Rady.

current TV show

TV show description:
Emily Owens (Mamie Gummer) thought that she was done with the world of high school. After all, she graduated years ago and has now finished medical school as well. Unfortunately, her years as a geeky girl have come back to haunt her.

Emily is beginning an internship at Denver Memorial Hospital, a facility where her med-school crush Will Collins (Justin Hartley) is also an interning. Unfortunately, her high school nemesis, gorgeous and popular Cassandra Kopelson (Aja Naomi King), is also interning at Denver Memorial as well.

Another intern, Tyra Dupre (Kelly McCreary), warns Emily that the cliques at the hospital are all too familiar: the jocks have become orthopedic surgeons; the mean girls are in plastic surgery; and the rebels are in the ER. Tyra has her own awkward place as “the principal’s kid” since her father, Doctor Tim Dupre (Harry Lennix), is the chief resident. Tyra latches onto Emily as a new friend, and immediately begins confiding in her. Nothing is too personal to share with Emily — Tyra is a lesbian, that she hasn’t come out to her father yet and she’s interested in dating a certain nurse.

Emily soon realizes that the long-standing rivalry she had with Cassandra back in high school is only going to grow. Both Emily and Cassandra are competing to impress brilliant Doctor Gina Bandari (Necar Zadegan), a world-famous cardiothoracic surgeon who’s been an inspiration and role model to both of them for years.

While Emily and Cassandra vie for Doctor Bandari’s approval, they’re also competing for Will’s attention. Handsome Will and Emily were friends in medical school but Emily was always hoping for more. Will has made it clear that he likes their relationship the way it is — as just friends. Emily struggles to convince herself that being friends with Will is enough, but it bothers her to see Will and Cassandra even talking with one another.

Meanwhile, Emily is also getting to know Doctor Micah Barnes (Michael Rady), a nerdy yet smart and handsome resident. Micah is faced with serious medical issues within his own family, and Emily’s compassion proves an invaluable help. Impressed with Emily’s medical skills and warm bedside manner, Micah brings her in on a delicate surgery and talks her through the procedure, boosting her confidence and bringing them closer — both professionally and personally.

With the long hours, the heavy workload, and personal drama filling her first days as an intern, Emily still fees like she’s the new geeky kid all over again. It’s just as awkward as high school. Somehow however, she’s sure that she can make it.
space

Series Finale

Episode #13 — “Emily and… the Leap”
Emily’s decision about starting a relationship with Micah becomes even more complicated when Will hears about it and begins to feel jealous. Emily and Tyra treat an unruly woman, but after learning of her home hoarding situation, Emily wonders if the woman’s personality changes may be caused by her many cats. Now that Cassandra and Will have broken up, Cassandra’s strictly professional behavior distracts Will and causes him to misdiagnose their patient. Meanwhile, Micah’s sister comes to town after finding out the truth about their mother.
First aired: February 5, 2013

space

What do you think? Do you like the Emily Owens, MD TV series? Do you think that it should have been cancelled or renewed for another season?

Anonymous March 11, 2013 at 12:00 am

R U kidding me …great show

NAJ March 10, 2013 at 7:01 pm

We are so sorry to see Emily owens has been cancelled! The show had a very good mix of a comedy/drama. It is so hard to watch anything that has substance and meaning these days, so I was thrilled when this show came on. My daughter and I really became huge fans of the show and we were saddened to find that it was cancelled so abruptly. Why, why, why…it looks like we were not the only ones who want the show to come back. What can we do to convince the network to give the show another chance?

Bienve March 9, 2013 at 12:41 am

Amazing series. In this series You can Find a Good mixture of humor and drama that has could be transmited very Well on screen. I’m sure this series has managed to hook many fans and now these fans Tuesday After Tuesday we miss and think in this magnificient and great series and in since it would continue if it had not been cancelling. Love and miss EOMD. A great and amazing work

Donna Lessman March 8, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Definitely should not have been cancelled. I really loved it. Bring it back please.

Rebecca Herrea March 8, 2013 at 10:54 pm

I’m soo sad that they cancel my favorite show!! But i’m not giving up!! i’ll fight until the end to see this show coming back!! Because you know what @CW_network?? I’m not gonna stand by while you convince yourself that you shouldn’t give #EmilyOwensMDSeason2 a try!!!!!

Indy March 8, 2013 at 10:22 pm

I loved this show. I was so hooked and I cannot believe it was canceled. I never make comments on TV shows but I really appreciated the writing and actors. I really looked forward to watch every episode.

karen Pinard March 8, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Anything we can do to keep it on the air?

Janie March 8, 2013 at 7:55 pm

I watch a very limited number of shows because TV pretty much stinks, but I enjoyed immensely Emily Owens MD and I am so disappointed that the television powers do not realize what a gem they had in this show. Mamie Gummer is a real treat in whatever she does!

Maggie March 8, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Please renew this show!! It is so good.

Kayla Johnson March 8, 2013 at 7:13 pm

EOMD fans, go here! Fight for this show!!! http://mailinemilyowens.blogspot.ca/

D.K. March 8, 2013 at 11:38 am

Very disappointed to see this show has been cancelled. The writing and humor was very cleaver! One of the CW’s finest.

Elizabeth Figueroa March 8, 2013 at 4:32 am

This show is amazing. I wanna see how her and her resident are going to get over this bump on the last show. It’s really funny. Out of all the shows on cw they cancel this one ! Really? Plz bring it back

cassandra martinez March 7, 2013 at 10:23 pm

im so sadddddd!!! omgosh i didn’t know this show was cancelled i was waiting to find out ne new news about it ..and now i find out its cancelled! im so so so sad!!! they have to bring it back i liked this show more than i liked pretty little liars. it was a really relatable show. it would make me get all tense when i saw them doing operations because it felt like i actually knew that person since they showed their behavior as they would talk to emily.!!! i really want this show back!

W J March 7, 2013 at 8:38 pm

We are the silent majority – we never post to sites but this show needs to be picked up…. a true loss to clever tv.

Shirley Clampitt March 7, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I am so disappointed that you have canceled Emily Owens MD. I did not see an ad for the show, found it on my own and made sure we watched every episode. Advertise it a little and it will become extremely popular with all ages. I spent my working life in healthcare and most of the health care shows are not fun to watch. This was a unique show and Mamie gummer deserves an award, Please reconsider canceling this show.