Enlisted: FOX Sitcom Staying Cancelled; No Second Season on Yahoo

Enlisted TV show canceled by FOXThough Yahoo Screen rescued Community from cancellation, they’re not doing the same thing for Enlisted. The FOX sitcom is staying cancelled.

After FOX cancelled the low-rated comedy, there was talk of Yahoo being interested but, after weeks of negotiations, a deal couldn’t be reached and the online service has passed. According to TV Line, there aren’t any other interested parties.

Enlisted follows three brothers who find themselves all stationed at the same US Army base in Florida as part of a troup of misfits. The sitcom’s cast includes Stults, Chris Lowell, Parker Young, Keith David, and Angelique Cabral.

Airing on Friday nights, Enlisted averaged just a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.77 million viewers. It was the lowest-rated scripted series of the season.

Earlier today, it was reported that Stults will be back on television next season. He’ll have a recurring role on the latest remake of The Odd Couple on CBS. The new sitcom will debut some time in 2015.

What do you think? Did you like the Enlisted TV series? Would you have watched season two online?

Anonymous September 3, 2014 at 3:55 am

Boooooooooo great show!!!

dancinhomer August 25, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Sorry for the folks that enjoyed it, because those who did seemed to really like it.

Doc Hellfish August 24, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Yeah, this bums me out big time. I really think this had the chance to become a new MASH. I wish fox had, you know maybe, done a little bit more like actually telling someone about it. Have you ever thought about going into advertising?

Erin August 23, 2014 at 12:44 pm

I’m so disappointed! Enlisted is a hilarious show; I watched every episode on Hulu. I was really hoping for a second season.

I will never understand the way Fox execs think; they always cancel their best shows.

Koa August 22, 2014 at 11:54 pm

My wife and I watched every single episode as it aired. It was one of the funniest shows I had ever seen. Friday night was a death sentence for a show just starting out.

Jennifer August 23, 2014 at 10:56 am

I agree. This show wasn’t given the proper chance from the start. This was an excellent show that truly did deserve a second season. I loved all the characters and every single episode made me laugh. I looked forward to it each week. Such a shame to hear that Yahoo passed on Enlisted.