Enlisted

Enlisted TV showNetwork: FOX
Episodes: 13 (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: January 10, 2014 — June 22, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Geoff Stults, Chris Lowell, Parker Young, Keith David, and Angelique Cabral.

TV show description:
This single-camera comedy series revolves around three brothers and a group of misfit soldiers on a small Florida Army post.

Staff Sergeant Pete Hill (Geoff Stults) is charming, funny and a natural-born leader. He was on a path for a huge military career until one mistake overseas (he punched his commanding officer) got him booted stateside to Fort McGee where his two younger brothers are stationed. Now their platoon sergeant, Pete must serve both as big brother and military boss.

Corporal Derrick Hill (Chris Lowell) is the middle brother. He’s too smart and sarcastic for his own good and likes to stir up trouble. Private Randy Hill (Parker Young) is the hyper-enthusiastic and very goofy youngest brother who wants to be the gung-ho “G.I. Joe” military ideal.

The Hill brothers all serve in the Rear Detachment (Rear D) unit. It’s comprised of the Soldiers left behind when everyone else is deployed. They mow lawns on post, sort mail, wash tanks and find lost dogs. However, the Rear D’s main job is taking care of deployed Soldiers’ families. Whatever they need, the Rear D Soldiers do. It’s a job that shifts each moment from the thrilling to the mundane to the emotional and back again.

Fort McGee Rear D is run by Command Sergeant Major Donald Cody (Keith David). He’s a firm but fair man who served with the brothers’ late father. Cody promised to look out for them, so he brought all the brothers to the post to fulfill that promise. Cody has seen it all and lost a foot to prove it (a fact no one can forget, since he never misses an opportunity to bring it up).

Also under Cody’s command is confident and beautiful Staff Sergeant Jill Perez (Angelique Cabral). She’s the same rank as Pete and leads another Rear D platoon on post while challenging Pete’s decisions at every turn.

Between clean-up duty at a parade, human-grease-bowling and assorted soldier pranks, the Hill brothers inadvertently discover the key to strengthening their long-lost childhood bonds.

Series Finale:
Episode #13 — Alive Day
The Hill brothers celebrate Pete’s one year anniversary of almost dying in Afghanistan, otherwise known as his “Alive Day.” After the funding has been cut for the annual ball, which was going to honor Major Cody, Pete enlists the platoon to create their own ball to honor him.
First aired: June 22, 2014.

What do you think? Do you like the Enlisted TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

46 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. blair says

It is so hard to find a light-hearted, very funny show that everyone in the family can watch. I am dismayed that it has been canceled. Please do not replace it with another show full of murders! We have enough of those. I hope you renew Enlisted.

2. Joanne says

ENLISTED – a GREAT GOOD HUMORED SHOW – AND FOX IS CANCELLING?? NOW I REALIZE WHY I NEVER WATCHED THIS CHANNEL/NETWORK. ENLISTED – SHOULD STAY ON & YOU HIGHER UPS SHOULD REALIZE YOU NEED MORE SHOWS LIKE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Beth says

Our whole family watched & loved this show. My husband was in the USMC during the 1st gulf war & thought this show was great. How does this get cancelled & shows like, “The Mindy Project” get renewed? SOMEBODY please save this show. Military families are under served in the entertainment world. Save family entertainment!!!

4. Anonymous says

This was one of the funniest comedies in a while. Don’t understand how some mediocre at best shows are renewed while great ones are cancelled.

5. Marnee says

This was a clever sitcom. All the characters were really good. It was funny and had a great message attached to each episode. This is one show that deserves another season.

6. BARBARA says

Really funny – heart warming kind a show TOO BAD THE CANT SEE THE POTENTIAL IN SHOWS LIKE THIS……AND INSTEAD CONTINUE TO BROADCAST CRAP LIKE THE REALITY SHOWS WHICH SUCK!!! NO INTELLIGENCE REQUIRED THERE.

7. Betty Searles says

This is a great show. Every time a good show comes on, it gets cancelled while lousy ones stay on. Do these networks really know what they`’re doing?

8. Daneen says

As a soldier I loved this show more then I can express. It is getting to the point that the only reason I am going to watch Fox is because of Bones and So You Think You Can Dance. Because all you are going to have on there are shows like American Dad and Family Guy. Once Bones and SYTYCD are done I’m out.

9. Beth says

Why does fox cancel shows that have a good family friendly vibe? My husband is a marine and we LOVED this one. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!

10. amor says

Enlisted was hilarious & one of my favorite shows! I can’t believe it was cancelled already– it was so funny! My boyfriend loved it too. He’s a disabled Army vet who served in Iraq so he thought it was hilarious! And it was a fun way for me to learn a little bit about military life because we weren’t together when he was enlisted.
    We’re both gonna miss watching it… :((((

11. E Bradley says

Sad. I saw a lot of reality seeping through the jokes. Some of that stuff we actually did to each other.

12. adam says

renew it!!! as a soldier, i can’t tell you how well i can relate to the soldiers of rear d. keep it up!

13. says

I have really enjoyed Enlisted…it is the most enjoyable, family friendly, good morales show in a long time. It shows that there is a good side/real people to the military and not just all guns, bombs and war. Don’t get me wrong…I like the action movies and shows but I love this show because it is fun.