Entourage: HBO TV Show Ending, No Season Nine

EntourageIt looks like it will soon be the end of the line for the cast and crew of the Entourage TV show.

First airing on HBO in July 2004, Entourage revolves around a group of young friends as they navigate the shark-infested waters of Hollywood. The cast includes Adrian Grenier, Jeremy Piven, Jerry Ferrara, Kevin Connolly, Kevin Dillon, Perrey Reeves, and Rex Lee.

The series is currently airing its seventh season of 10 episodes and those are set to conclude on September 12th.

It was announced this weekend that HBO has now decided to end the series after an abbreviated eighth season. Current plans are to produce only six more installments of Entourage and to air them during the summer of 2011.

Would you watch an Entourage movie?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

However, that may not be the end for the characters. HBO’s programming president, Michael Lombardo, said that series creator Doug Ellin “is appropriately reserving — he wants to write a film, but wants to do it when the story will make sense… But Entourage next summer will definitely be the final season.”

Lombardo also indicated that Ellin’s relationship with HBO wasn’t coming to an end. He noted, “He’s pitched other shows to us. I will expect that within the next couple years [he'll have another show on HBO].”

What do you think? Are sorry to hear that there won’t be a ninth season of Entourage or is the ending long overdue? Do you honestly believe that a movie will be made?

Siamak December 28, 2010 at 3:03 am

Please do not end this show! It’s one of the best things that ever happened in show business.

Anonymous December 1, 2010 at 11:05 pm

Entourage is one of the best shows out there! I can’t believe its ending. Although its the 8th season each season did not have many episodes. I would love for there to be more and they should definitely make a movie!

Carl N Hoelzle November 6, 2010 at 4:52 pm

I love these guys. Will really miss them. Please make a movie.

jason September 14, 2010 at 4:48 pm

I will cancel HBO. I am Queens Boulevard! Come-on. I get to live when i watch entourage. I wish my mother wasn’t a pot head alcoholic and that she would have pushed me to be great! I have the face and the ARI bulletproof attitude. When I sit back and watch it sets me free. My wife LOL gets mad when I ask for a tug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHHAHAH Thank You for the 7 series great job, I’m a fan for life!!!!!!

MCV September 7, 2010 at 6:21 am

I wouldn’t hold my breath for a movie to materialize. HBO lies like crazy to calm subscribers down and tell them what they want to hear. When it comes time to deliver, its a totally different story. Deadwood is a perfect example of that. Where are the two Deadwood movies you promised, HBO??? Lying basterds.

Kyle Ellis August 16, 2010 at 1:03 am

I think this is a huge mistake by the HBO execs! If audiences want to be subjected to mindless garbage, with non stop partying, and utter ridiculousness, watch New Jersey Shore. The reason why Entourage is presumably going down in flames, is the very reason why we should be embracing it’s new direction. Sure, its not it’s fun loving, wish fulfilling self that it used to be but, after seven years is that what we really want to see? I would personally rather see Vince suffer (and inevitably rebound from) the tumultuous side effects of fame, Drama make a career changing decision, Turtle luck out for once, E become the man he wants to be, and Ari learn a valuable lesson on etiquette. Even though we all love Ari for whom he is, it’s compelling and he’ll still tell you to suck his c&#k. We’re witnessing our beloved characters evolve in truly interesting ways, with a network determined to pull the pages right out from beneath Doug Ellen’s ever ambitious pen. As far as the faltering fan base and those wavering patrons from seasons past currently on the fence: When you started this journey, was it a good story you wanted? Or did you just want the same happy go lucky formula from seasons one and two? To sum it all up, If you’ve followed from the beginning that means you’re at least 7 years older than when season one premiered… The show’s growing, and so are we. Lets not stifle its growth, HBO.

Ron Jeremy August 11, 2010 at 8:01 am

Thank God this show will be ending. It was once a funny show but it’s gone on way to long. If hollywood people really act like this it’s a very sad commentary about people today. The people are a bunch of stuck up, money hungry, phony people. Besides Ari and Drama the rest of the cast is worthless. Plus I’m not a big fan of watching a bunch of 5’3 men. Why is it that most of today’s leading male actors are tiny little duds?

abell August 10, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Husband and I only just started watching Entourage this summer, and we’ve zoomed through the first 5 seasons. I think it’s a great show and am very disappointed to learn that it will be coming to an end.

DNW August 9, 2010 at 8:28 pm

I am a major consumer of television, and Entourage is my favorite show, possibly my all time favorite. After every thirty minute episode I find myself wishing there were thirty minutes more. Looks like the wave of the future belongs to crappy humorless reality shows. I suppose I will be watching less tv in the future…

Phil August 9, 2010 at 7:25 pm

The only reason I have HBO is for Entourage, no entourage I cancel

Mitko August 9, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Well, I think that this show is the best show ever !!! And Ari Gold, played by the fantastic Jeremy Piven is the best film or show character I’ve ever seen and I think most of you will agree with me ! Also I think that “Entourage” have an enormous potential to have 2 or 3 more seasons, with 15-20 episodes each. And HBO cchief’s are making a big mistake if they really think to throw away that diamond in the TV show’s industry.
And when Entourage ends , no meter when and after how many seasons (I hope they would be as more as possible! ) a part of my heart will be empty. Because this this show is not just a show for me. It’s part of my life, it inspires me, it is like im watching my dream has become true !!!

Jay August 8, 2010 at 8:11 pm

I totaly agree, Ari could carry the show. Also entourage is great, I would totaly go see the movie. I wish they would make a few more seasons! Also Entourage is awsome and Ari Gold super agent is a bad ass. I think they could even make some sort of pre-quel to how Ari rose to success. Ari by far is my favorite character.

Jeremy Rynek August 8, 2010 at 11:02 am

Well that sux. They’ll only be doing six installments for next season? In that case just make the movie. I was really hoping to see this go for quite awhile. But The sopranos was only on for 6 seasons. Well this just sux. Well atleast make sure True Blood makes it atleast nine seasons then. But who we kidding? It may be hot now, but maybe not in four or five years. I mean eight seasons is defintely better than average now a days. Some ending after 1,2,3,4,5 seasons you know I guess we just cut our losses. M’ I wrong if you think so, let me know.

sue August 8, 2010 at 10:48 am

I agree that Ari could carry a show as “the agency” – especially if there are more cameos of celebs being themselves, exposing audiences to how they really act when not behind the camera or posing for paps. Luv how Ari scares the hell out of everyone but grovels for clients/ stars. So real.

loved the last episode with Jessica Simpson as herself, playing a spoiled brat, and the dynamic with Lloyd and the dog and her was priceless. Lloyd always looks like a pup who just got kicked in the face anyway, I’d like to see him evolve as he becomes an agent. There seems more potential there as a series than to keep watching the same friends who after 6 years are no longer that young. “E” has settled down and could move on with the agency focus – small agent vs. the big, does he get swallowed up, etc.

Drama and the fat friend have pretty much worn out their welcome, a couple of losers who are not that funny either. Vince seems weak, just empty sex – though i’m sure the eye candy of hot horny chicks helps with ratings – and these clowns around him. It is real thought to see the misc. shark agents fighting over him – and the Jessica Simpsons.

G. Goodman August 9, 2010 at 3:17 pm

The only reason to watch this show ever, was because of Jeremy Piven. I think Adrian Grenier will become the director he apparently wants to be because he’s not a very good actor. I’m always amazed that females want to bed him all the time because he ain’t sexy!!! He’s no Mark Wahlberg! When Ari & Lloyd get together it’s hysterical and magic. This show would be nothing without Piven. Turtle and Drama don’t do anything different. Drama has been looking for work since day one of the series! Enough already! Eric drives me crazy because he’s a wimp.

If they make a movie it’s going to have to be a great storyline with Piven holding it all together. I read that Kevin Connolly wants to direct. I hope he’s a better director than actor!!!

G. Goodman August 8, 2010 at 6:55 am

If a movie turns out like SEX IN THE CITY, especially the 2nd one, it’ll be a disaster. But as long as the movie has more of Ari Gold’s character by the fabulous Jeremy Piven, it will work. The others can’t make the show on their own.