Everwood: Can We Save the WB Drama?

Everwood on the CW networkQuite honestly, it looks doubtful at this point but, if a show is popular enough, anything is possible. At one time, Everwood was on the CW’s fall schedule (as evidenced by this page from an earlier version of the CW’s webpage).

Though there are rumors running rampant on the Internet that the cast is in negotiations for the series to return as a mid-season replacement, it doesn’t look like this is true. The WB is promoting the two-hour “Foreverwood” episode as the series finale, the Everwood sets have been torn down and a source at the CW has said that there are no negotiations going on for a fifth season of the Treat Williams family drama.

Still, if enough people watch the final episode on June 5, 2006 then the fledgling CW network will have little choice but to stand up and take notice. The new network is beginning its first season in the fall and needs all the help it can get in establishing a strong schedule of television. If Everwood looks like a surefire way to attract droves of viewers and advertisers, I’m guessing they’ll renew the show.

How many people need to watch? Well, over seven million households watched the 7th Heaven finale and that show was quickly resurrected (and probably replaced Everwood on the schedule). Only 2.5 million households usually watch Everwood but, if the “Foreverwood” series finale episode can miraculously match or exceed 7th Heaven’s numbers, I’d say the chances are really strong that the CW would reexamine its fall schedule.

What can you do? If you love the show, call everyone you know and ask them to watch the series finale and stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

71 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Yvonne Conwell says

Please continue Everwood series. It is not many shows that children and their parents can watch together. A wholesome family show. Our family enjoys this show. It brings families together at the same time. Many issues brought up in the storylines, parents can address with their children and communication lines are opened. Please reconsider the gold mine you created.

2. bettygueye says

i think that it’s the best show ever and i love it i cant stop thinking aboutit so please bring it back pleaaaaaaase

3. says

Everwood was very exicited and I watch every 100% single
    all the time and I never missed a espoide and I watch all the while it was still series and I missed Everwood badly and I was very sad dissappointed when Everwood was been canceled. BRING EVERWOOD

4. don pitts says

I cant beleive that Everwood is finished. It’s the only series I’v watched that caused tears and joy, every episode. I dont have many years of life left in me; and nothing like Everwood will ever be aired again.Thats just my opinion, along with Millions of other viewers, i’m sure..GOD bless

5. W. Melnyk says

Everwood would certainly be in position to replace 90% of the current soap programs, as well as running entirely on its own creative and wholesome productions. Of course a decent time slot on the tv scheduling would also enhance the profit sheet
    and maybe awaken those lethargic mogals that want to cancel the show.

6. Ann says

This is so so typical. What the hell is wrong with all these TV Networks!!
    At least find some fast ending for these stories before cut it in the middle of no where.

Hell with all these TV networks; NBC, CBS, ABC, WB, CW all the same bull sheet.