Everwood: Can We Save the WB Drama?

Everwood on the CW networkQuite honestly, it looks doubtful at this point but, if a show is popular enough, anything is possible. At one time, Everwood was on the CW’s fall schedule (as evidenced by this page from an earlier version of the CW’s webpage).

Though there are rumors running rampant on the Internet that the cast is in negotiations for the series to return as a mid-season replacement, it doesn’t look like this is true. The WB is promoting the two-hour “Foreverwood” episode as the series finale, the Everwood sets have been torn down and a source at the CW has said that there are no negotiations going on for a fifth season of the Treat Williams family drama.

Still, if enough people watch the final episode on June 5, 2006 then the fledgling CW network will have little choice but to stand up and take notice. The new network is beginning its first season in the fall and needs all the help it can get in establishing a strong schedule of television. If Everwood looks like a surefire way to attract droves of viewers and advertisers, I’m guessing they’ll renew the show.

How many people need to watch? Well, over seven million households watched the 7th Heaven finale and that show was quickly resurrected (and probably replaced Everwood on the schedule). Only 2.5 million households usually watch Everwood but, if the “Foreverwood” series finale episode can miraculously match or exceed 7th Heaven’s numbers, I’d say the chances are really strong that the CW would reexamine its fall schedule.

What can you do? If you love the show, call everyone you know and ask them to watch the series finale and stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

71 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Susie Q says

Bring us the 4th episode of Everwood to England as soon as possible at least we can then see the ending of the story. A beautiful series watched by all age groups such a shame that it has been cancelled but at least most countries have seen 4 seasons we here in UK have not yet seen the last one

2. Brittany says

PLEASE bring back Everwood! It’s the most awesome show ever..i love it and cant wait till all the seasons come out on dvd but we want more EVERWOOD!!
    bring it back!!!!

3. Jenny says

I never heard of Everwood until the reruns appeared on the family channel. The first time I started watching it, I was hooked! This has to be the best show I have ever seen on the WB!! Great actors, great storyline!!! You should spend more money on marketing this GREAT show!! BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!!!!!!!! (And take off 7th Heaven already, that show has had enough!)

4. says

I looked forward to watching Everwood in the evenings. This is one of the best shows on TV and the writing was superb. Actors were real…
    I do not understand why a great show could be taken off the air..Please give us back Everwood.

5. Sophia Thomas says

PLEASE RENEW EVERWOOD!!!! It is the best program ever that my family watch together (as a family).it is way better than all the trash that is on the TV.I am like others,Why would the show end like that? I would realy like to know what happens w/ Brite n Hanna.And Andy n Ninna.also the Abotts w/ the Baby.Our Family look forward to watching it every eve.And it actually helped us in several situations. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!

6. Brittany says

PLEASE RENEW EVERWOOD!! It’s the best show ever!! We need it back…the show cant end like it did its too unfinished i mean what happens to bright and hannah or nina and andy or do amy and ephram finally stay together? Well we dont know! Why? Because they canceled it!! I love everwood and i want it back on tv!!

7. JMAhearn says

What are you thinking about taking Everwood off the air! Quality entertaining about all of todays social concerns. My husband & I make it part of our evening ritual. Julie

8. Lynn Cobb says

I still think you are CRAZY for not renewing Everwood. My whole family LOVED it. My kids are just heartbroken. What are you people thinking?? BRING IT BACK!!!!

9. TRACY TAYLOR says

what a fantastic show, nearly every episode i cry, tha actresses and actors are brilliant, I can’t believe how real it all seems when I watch it, never seen anything like it before well done to you all, please dont knock this show off.

10. none says

This is so dumb! You take out everwood and you leave all of those other dumb shows on there. They’re crap. Remember all those idiots who didn’t have everwood go on for another season. All the other shows talk about is sex. Everwood was such a good family show and I loved it so much. I almost cried when I found out there wasn’t another season coming out! BRING EVERWOOD BACK!

11. Anonymous says

PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK IT WAS GREAT EVEN GREATER THEN GREAT REALLY BECAUSE AMY AND EPHRAIM ANDY AND NINA HANNA AND BRIGHT ALL HAVE TO GET BACK TOGETHER AND HANNA CAN’T LEAVE HANNA AND AMY ARE MY FAVES

12. Anonymous says

everwood brought me and my family closer as we watched it religiously every time it was on. i feel incredibly attached to the show and when it was removed i was devastated. please bring back everwood.