Everwood: Cancelled or Renewed?

Everwood castLike many of the shows on the UPN and the WB, the recently-announced network merger has left Everwood fans hanging. With only half as much airtime to fill, execs at the new CW network have some tough choices to make. Shows like Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls and Smallville seem like a shoe-in for return but a show like Everwood has a less than certain fate.

The first CW schedule won’t be released for quite awhile but the future doesn’t look promising for the drama series for a couple reasons. Everwood hasn’t shown great numbers and has been off the air for months. The latter is in part due to the fact that reruns of the show typically don’t do well in the ratings. In addition, Everwood creator Greg Berlanti recently signed a three-year production deal with competing studio Disney. Though he’ll be busy with other projects, Berlanti reportedly expressed hope that the show will see a fifth season.

Fortunately for viewers, Executive Producer Rina Mimoun isn’t taking chances. It’s been said that she’s preparing two alternate scripts for this season’s final show – a season finale and a series finale – so that show fans won’t be left hanging if the show doesn’t return.

The Treat Williams drama is scheduled to return to the WB airwaves on March 27, 2006 with the remaining new episodes of the 2005-06 season. TV Series Finale home page

nina keates September 1, 2010 at 7:18 am

i love everwood and all the actors. it would be so great if you could make a 5th series its nice to see a programe without swearing in it but good fun wonderfull drama , best all round programe it will be sadly missed by me and others must love this well writen programe. from nina keates

Nancy C December 30, 2007 at 9:57 am

This was one of my favorite programs. The chemistry that went on with every character was so compelling. I looked forward to every week to see this program. From Dr. Harold’s mom to Andy’s little girl. I sure was hooked on this series. Had a definite Mayberry effect on me.

Maya July 26, 2007 at 11:20 am

For any of you that like
Treat Williams, he is now
on Heartland, another medical
drama. Does not compare to
Everwood……….not even
close. This part that Williams has on Heartland
is not that great. Andy
Brown on Everwood is more
believable. BRING EVERWOOD
BACK…

Estefania Climent July 18, 2007 at 1:11 am

From Spain, don’t cancell Everwood please! It’s great!! I love Everwood and its histories!

Mitchell Fowler July 9, 2007 at 10:10 am

EVERWOOD its a show we teens all can realate to. Its a show we have all been waitin for. Sure smallville is good but i would like to see EVERWOOD more then smallville anytime. I have been watchin this show since it came out so plz dont take it off.

ashlee May 13, 2007 at 12:02 pm

I like to see the show agin please play the show I really miss it very much
I wish you would put the show on so I can couch
I up with it I think about it all the time please put on the tv famliy channel please ment of it I would like to see it please put it on the tv so I can see it.
I wish please don’t take it for i air

ashlee May 13, 2007 at 11:59 am

I like to see the show agin please play the show I really miss it very much
I wish you would put the show on so I can couch

lauren May 8, 2007 at 6:23 pm

Everwood should havde not been cancled b/c it is funny and exciting at the same time. I wish that no show would be cancled b/c i just heard that one of my favorite show gilmore girls is going to be cancled. 7th heaven is also going to be cancled too. i hope that they will at least bring everwood or gilmore girls back for a least one more season. hey we can not control this so all we can do is wish and wish that they will come back,but we have no control over it so i quess that we all have to get over it.

Lauren!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!