Everwood: Did Enough People Watch the Series Finale?

Everwood on DVDAs I wrote here, the hope of saving the well-respected series largely depended on the performance of the series finale (a two-hour episode called “Foreverwood”). Another WB series, 7th Heaven, had been cancelled previously but, because so many people (over seven million households) tuned in for the series finale, execs changed their mind and renewed the series for another season on the new CW network. Could the same thing happen for Everwood?

Well, over four million households reportedly watched the series finale of Everwood. Though this is a very good number for the series, it isn’t an impressive number in relation to other shows. As a result, the CW hasn’t issued any new information regarding the series. It seems that Everwood remains cancelled.

Adding insult to injury, Warner Bros. has announced that seasons two, three and four of Everwood will not be released on DVD in the foreseeable future. The sales for season one were disappointing so they don’t want to take a chance on releasing future seasons.

What can you do? Two things. First, keep writing to Warner Bros. and the CW and tell them that you would like to see the show renewed for a fifth season and new DVDs. Secondly, consider buying the Everwood season one DVD set. It’s well under $20 at Amazon and, as of this writing, the series is one of Amazon’s top-selling DVD sets. If this trend continues, execs may be convinced to produce new Everwood stories (a tv-movie perhaps?) and DVD sets. TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

62 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. miss everwood, bring it back says

I still can’t believe Everwood was cancelled. Here in Canada on the local station I watched Everwood on it was public knowledge that Everwood would end and that last seaon’s last episode was the finale. I still hope that someone comes to their senses and revives Everwood…it had great characters, witty writing. It is one show I could watch with my young children and not worry about what would come up *(except the one episode when Bright cheated on Hannah). There’s still so much more to tell about the characters….so let’s hope someone in a position to do it – decides it is worth brining back the great cast and writers and give people what they want.

2. Angela says

I loved Everwood how can you just let us hang like that there was so much more to know. I watched every episode several times. It was just a start of an excelant show and many more episodes could have come from it. Look how long 7th heaven lasted was cancelled and then brought back. I enjoyed Everwood so much more. I couldnt wait for it to come back I am a very dissapointed viewer now all there is is Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, Smallville, And Supernatural. Monday night and fridays are not the greatest shows. Come On CW lets give it one more try bring on the next season and lets see how it does. I am a deticated viewer and would love to contonue to be one.

3. Kristi says

I do not like that everwood is off the air. i loved watching that show. I hopr that it gets to come back on!!!!!

4. debbi hamilton says

I am so disappointed that CW did not reconsider putting Everwood on their network. It was by far one of the best family shows on the air and because of all the teen issues, I always shared this show with my students. I could always count on Everwood approaching delicate subjects with honesty, maturity, and professionalism. On behalf of myself, my husband, and my students, thank you Everwood for many enjoyable shows. I hope that some other network has the intelligence to pick this great show up and continue it for many more years.

5. Laura McNeill says

Everwood has been my favorite show for about three years. I watched every single episode faithfully for the last two seasons. I do not understand why I am just finding out about my favorite show was cancelled. I really do feel as though one of my best friends has died. Everwood was such a great show to look forward to each week. I will miss it forever….

6. Phil Canida says

everwood was a great series and wish it would carry on. i think the main reason many people were’nt interested is that the WB always aired reruns and a new show every couple of weeks or so i have 4 tvs in my household and everyones watching everwood….if u can bring 7th heaven back why cant you bring back everwood!!!!

7. JD Lamb says

Everwood, without a doubt has been one of the best viewing experiences of my life. Simply put, its the best show on television, that in many ways overstepped the television medium, and directly affected peoples day to day lives.

The Everwood tv series stuck out from the masses of of generic programming because it was not afraid to explored life’s emotional rollercoaster, and the unforseen circumstances that can bring each us great joy or great pain.

I will be forever in debt to Everwood, because watching this show week after week, has made me a better human being.

P.S.

I’m glad that ABC Family bought the rights to our four year run, I actually saw two promos today, publicizing the move to the ABC family Channel.

I actually read that the series finale earner 5 million viewers, I like everyone else thought it was a bit above 4 million, but I found out after surfing through wikipedia.com that it was in fact 5 million.

8. Brian Akre says

Our family of 3 ALWAYS looked forward to Monday night Everwood, We really need this series renewed, such good content & topics!! We missed the last season finale because of a storm! Robbed!!!
    BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!!!
    Brian, Ruth & Grant in Minnesota

9. lacie says

entire seasons of Everwood can be purchased off of ebay. they are home copies – of course – since season’s 2, 3 & 4 are not being released for retail. if i remember correctly, they sell for about $40.00 per season.

10. Janice says

I have been a fan of Everwood since the first episode. I’ve watched Andy and Nina flirting back and forth with each other, hoping they will connect. Now that they finally have, you take it off the air. How could you?

I do not watch these never ending reality shows that are on every station now. Everwood was a good story to look forward to watching every week.

Please bring it back.

Thanks.

11. Lisa says

I cannot believe that they cancelled a great show like Everwood and left a preachy, condescending show like 7th Heaven on!! It’s such an insult to TV viewers.

Please bring Everwood back!!

12. Paula says

I just bought everwood on dvd!!! I just wanted to say it not right to cancelled everwood!! Everwood should come back 7th heaven has been on 10 years!! it is boring. So how can it be good now!!!!!! Everwood was better!!! I would like to see everwood came back this fall

13. Cross says

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE bring back Foreverwood! Amy and Ephram were destined to fall in love again. And I must know what happens with Andy!!! I beg of you…bring it back!

14. linda says

i feel cheated that seventh heaven a show that is so popcorn has replaced everwood. everwood was a show with alot of heart and substance., and totally enjoyable. i hope all the actors go on to more work worthy of their talents. thanks for the run