Extant: Season One Ratings

Extant TV show on CBS ratingsIt used to be a big deal when a movie star starred in a TV show. Now, they get cancelled just as quickly as any other series. How will Halle Berry and Extant do on CBS? Will it be renewed for season two or will it be cancelled after one short season? Stay tuned.

On Extant, astronaut Molly Woods (Berry) returns to Earth after a year-long solo mission in outer space. Her reunion with her family is thrown into turmoil when it’s learned that she’s pregnant. Others in the cast include Goran Visnjic, Pierce Gagnon, Hiroyuki Sanada, Camryn Manheim, Grace Gummer, and Michael O’Neill.

Update: Will this show be renewed for a second season?

Final season averages: 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.15 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Extant TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Peggy August 7, 2014 at 5:41 pm

I like this show, but I am afraid it is going to get “crazy” in the storyline like “Under the Dome.” One question, if you run away from the authorities, why stay only one day with Dad and then go back, like she told the boy? THAT made no sense. I want to give Goran a chance, but I feel no chemistry between him and Berry. I think Camryn should escape with Halle et al and raise the child like on a deserted island or something. I like the mystery of how it is going to help Mr. H. It reminds me of “Contact” to some degree; the man who kept doing things to avoid death. It could run like “The Fugitive” with the authorities searching for them. That would be a better show. I just so want Spielberg to get a good show on TV. I like his syfy mind. I WANT to follow him. Maybe Ron Howard could help?

Dee August 7, 2014 at 1:10 pm

I love the show, and think it’s an intelligent science fiction drama. The actors are well established, the drama is intense and the premise makes sense.
After just a few shows, I’m amazed that people are talking about canceling, but that seems to be the mindset – no blood or guts and not so much T & A, well there goes the show… This is the reason that I choose to watch BBC or other stations most of the time.

lin August 6, 2014 at 10:17 pm

Maybe like anything it can take a liitle while to get the rythem down I just get so tired of the people so willing to dissmiss any and everything their little minds can’t seem to follow. For crying out load not everything is such a flash like t.v. that does nothing but flashing all the time. I liked the show but hey anything I have liked goes away what’s new

Ka August 7, 2014 at 11:36 am

Exactly. Some people just won’t give things a chance.

cosmopolito August 3, 2014 at 8:25 am

It-stank is closer a name, too slow and too much mental knitting for cardboard characters

Grandizer August 1, 2014 at 8:41 am

I really wanted to give the show a chance, but it is quickly getting borderline asinine.
The robot runs off and the parents ARGUE over it happening, uh? Does the robot not have a memory feature the dad can peruse?
The people disappearing and reappearing with no problems. I am NOT talking about the “hallucinations” but the previous astronaut. You can’t tell me her house / life is NOT being watched by these people, yet the prior astronaut basically strolled right up to the house and has met her at least 2X without being seen.
The character played by Hiroyuki is so much like the character he plays on Helix, I forgot I was not watching a SyFy show. All of his mannerisms are nearly identical.
Lou Gosset Jr. Great way to add his character, but can anyone honestly say they did not see that coming?
Cameryn, who does she work for? And why was it not reported she was pregnant? If the Powers That Be did it, why oh why did Cameryn EVER get to see Halle and get an inkling of it. Loved, (NOT) how the convenient brother problems is going to be used against her. Wish there was something shown about this earlier rather then a “Just when we need it” plot device.
Goren, hmmm, let me just rebuild this broken DNA analyzer with these pristine parts I have just hanging around at her dad’s place. Really??? Yes I get it you built a humanlike robot boy, but really???
I see this show going worse and worse at this rate.
I am not even sure what the premise is going to be anymore.
Oh yeah, Meteor??? Hahaha…

Well I always say I will watch all Sci-Fi shown as if no one does, we won’t see it anymore, but some things push me to retract that statement, this is close.

Oh and Halle needs better clothing, what she wears on the show is as ugly as it gets.

nemo f July 31, 2014 at 1:16 am

ratings say this is one and done shark bait

Hector campos July 30, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Show is considerable too slow/ borderline boring. Hope it will pick up the pace in the next couple shows.

Big Al July 27, 2014 at 2:38 pm

This might aswell be the beginning to the Lost series, with no idea of what is going on or who is controlling who and what they are afraid of or what is this wheel in the ground do.

I will try to watch 1 season and if it turns into the normal lets stretch it out and bore everyone silly with whats happening to her, then the series wont go any further than that.

Roman Darien July 24, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Well, I REMAIN IMPRESSED! I call “Extant” “Exstank”, but I like this show. At least there’s a few shows on TV in the summer that are worth watching…not just the same old, same old over and over.

Hal July 24, 2014 at 4:14 pm

I watched the first 2 episodes. Now it’s getting boring & going now here’s exciting. Who cares about their robot kid?

nemo f July 14, 2014 at 6:48 pm

not impressed, won’t watch any more episodes

Sharon G July 10, 2014 at 5:39 pm

I was not totally impressed. It had some good moments but I doubt it will stick around too long. Big name or no big name.

Georgia July 10, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Wow…double WOW…great show! CBS has a hit on their hands.

nemo f July 18, 2014 at 1:04 pm

not according to these numbers they don’t

Why Watch July 10, 2014 at 2:25 pm

From the previews at the end of episode 1 I fear this show will go off in a direction that will doom it. I don’t want to watch another run for your life, the government is out to get you conspiracy show. But there was enough in episode 1 to get me to tune in again.

Roman Darien July 10, 2014 at 1:39 pm

I’m impressed. This appears to be a good sci-fi, mystery/espionage-oriented show. “Extant” also did a good job of establishing the major characters in the pilot. I believe this show will offer all of us something to think about.

lionel hurst October 1, 2014 at 1:34 am

As an experienced writer/ producer, a professional movie critic for many years and a keen science fiction fan, it seems apparent to me that you have had little experience with the science fiction greats. If you like Extant, watch it, but don’t lecture people who offer differing opinions. I assume that this site exists for comments on the subject matter, not personal attacks. You only have to examine the viewing figures to see that the show hasn’t sufficient appeal to succeed.