Fairly Legal: Cancelled, No Season Three

We finally have some news about the fate of Fairly Legal — and it’s not good. It’s being reported that the USA Networks TV series has been cancelled after two seasons on the air.

Fairly Legal revolves around a young female lawyer (Sarah Shahi) who changes her profession to become a mediator at the law firm that her father founded. The cast also includes Michael Trucco, Virginia Williams, Baron Vaughn, and Ryan Johnson.

The first season registered lackluster ratings — a 0.9 demo rating and 3.55 million total viewers — so USA decided to revamp the show when they gave it a renewal.

Despite some cast changes and a new showrunner, Fairly Legal did even worse in its second season, garnering a 0.6 rating with 2.74 million viewers.

Shahi has been booked on NBC’s struggling Chicago Fire. In a statement to Deadline, USA said, “Sarah Shahi is undoubtedly a star and we’re thrilled she’ll be joining our sister network NBC on Chicago Fire… We are proud of Fairly Legal and thank the very talented cast and crew for two fantastic seasons.”

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Fairly Legal has been cancelled? Did you like season one or season two better?

Canceled and renewed TV show

54 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Trisha says

It’s disappointing to read this news. This is a great, multi-faceted show and I was anxiously awaiting season 3. It’s unfortunate that the viewership was low enough to call for cancellation.

2. Donald says

USA Network should shut down it’s entire operation and not produce any more shows. This was a show I waiting anxiously for each week. The entire cast was spectacular and the story line was just beginning. Who ever makes these decisions at USA Network should be cancelled.

3. Kerrie says

I’m SOOOOOO UPSET!!!!
    What are the idiots thinking at USA Network? Good television isn’t only about ratings but quality writing and acting which Fairly Legal obviously had. What a huge disappointment.

4. says

I can’t believe they cancelled this show. I will really miss it. I want to know how the story lines they started turn out. This was a very bad move.

5. sasha says

Hi, I’m from malaysia, the show is awesome and I’m so disappointed when I’m found out the show was cancel..can you guys do anything about it?? Is a great show and famous internationally thou..

6. Carol says

I really enjoyed Season 2 of Fairly Legal. The Kate and Ben relationship was a lot fun to watch. Sorry to see Fairly Legal go. I can’t tell you how many times I have re-watched Season 2 (between on demand and then purchased on iTunes).

7. Steven says

Boo to USA Networks. What show do you have in the wings that is better than Fairly Legal? The only other USA show I have much interest in is Burn Notice. Fairly Legal I purchased religiously on iTunes.

Guys, I doubt you have anything better ready to go. Maybe you’re going to shock me here. But if not, this is a really bad decision.

8. Tha Critic says

I didn’t hate this show but wasn’t feeling the need to see it every week either. I’m more upset over “Common Law” being axed, but this show was decent.

9. Georgia says

This is disappointing news. This show was a quirky, fun to watch show. My husband and I were really looking forward to it’s return. NOT happy!

10. Mark says

I’m shocked. USA Network has such a stable of quality shows…and I counted Faily Legal amongst them but I didn’t know the ratings for it were so low. Sad to see it go. Any chance one of the big three might pick it up?

11. Jeremy Rynek says

That sucks, this was probably the best show on the network, they made the all too stupid mistake and put it on Friday nights when it struggled in the first season. I know it goes without saying, but the network just went down a few more points, canceling 2 great shows.

12. Samara says

Bad decision! How can they expect a series to be a success, when the first season and the second season were so far apart, and had almost no episodes in each season! I really liked this show, it was intelligent, well-cast, and highly entertaining! This is as bad a decision as cancelling “In Plain Sight” – one of the best television shows ever! Who are the people who are being counted for the ratings, because I am obviously not one of them – does that mean I don’t count?

13. says

After 4 days of being without power, the night it comes back on I read this. Amazing, taking off a good show like this. Some people have no clue what real content is nor do they want to watch anything with an actual story to it. I enjoyed watching this every week along with my whole family and will miss it greatly.