Falcon Beach: No Season Three for ABC Family

the cast of Falcon BeachKim Todd, the president of Canada-based Original Pictures, has confirmed that the youth drama Falcon Beach has been cancelled after two seasons. The series airs on ABC Family in the U.S. and Global in Canada.

The cancellation comes as a result of ABC Family’s decision to pass on a third season of Beach. Without the financial support of the cable channel, continued production isn’t possible. Todd says that Global offered to pick it up for a third season but at a significantly lower cost than before.

Strangely enough, Beach is being cancelled despite being quite popular. The show’s audience is made up of predominantly 12 to 17 year old girls. Unfortunately, the series failed to attract many outside of that age group and ABC Family wanted a broader demographic; i.e. 18 to 49 viewers.

The cancellation wasn’t a shocker to Todd who said, “You’re never surprised by what happens in series television, because the winds of change blow quickly and forcefully.” That doesn’t make the end result any easier, personally or professionally. Todd lamented, “So nothing is surprising, but it’s still extremely disappointing. In order to produce a television series, you have to invest so much of yourself into the process… And now we have to tell the cast and crew, and that’s disappointing, too, because we’re not the only ones who put their blood and sweat into this.”

Many citizens of the shoreside Lake Winnipeg town will miss Beach as well because it provided great exposure for the town and attracted visitors — from as far away as Japan. The town’s local mayor and restaurant owner Daryl Carry was told of the cancellation on Friday and said, “We’ve had tourists here every summer, coming to see where Falcon Beach is shot… But I guess at the end of the day, it didn’t add up. The money offered isn’t enough. They had to make a decision to pull the plug.”

The second and final season has already aired on Global in Canada. In the U.S., Falcon Beach began airing on ABC Family on April 9th and is expected to conclude on July 2nd. No plans have been released to tie up any ongoing storylines. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

megan June 22, 2008 at 7:53 pm

i loved the show dalcon beach. you shouldnt have canceled it. it got good rateing soo? nut atleast sell the second season us people who loved show stil want to watch it. its driving me crazy and you MUST sell it.
thanks

kelsey June 21, 2008 at 4:26 pm

i think it is stupid the show is going off cuz it was like the best show ever…. y take a show off if everyone loved it?

b boyd June 19, 2008 at 7:49 pm

whats the deal paige is hot

AKP June 18, 2008 at 5:21 pm

YOU NEED TO BRING FALCON BEACH BACK ON IT WAS A GOOD SHOW EVERY TIME A GOOD SHOW COMES ON THE CANCEL IT

Brian June 16, 2008 at 3:07 pm

My wife and I are both 37 and loved the show. We’re very disappointed. It seems like every show we start to enjoy (October Road was another) gets cancelled.

david June 12, 2008 at 5:02 pm

I’m 43 and LOVED it. ABC Family made a HUGE screw up.

Lequisha June 11, 2008 at 2:48 pm

FALCON BEACH BETTER HAVE A SEASON 3 SOON OR FROM NOW ON I WILL NOT WATCH ABC FAMILY!!! THIS IS SUCH A RIP-OFF AND BULL SHIT! I AM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW AND IT BETTER BE ON SOON

Lani June 11, 2008 at 11:47 am

BRING IT BACK NOWWWWWW!

Melissa June 10, 2008 at 4:56 pm

I am 37 and loved the show. Am SOOOO disappointed it has been cancelled. Big mistake, abc family.

Lisa June 10, 2008 at 7:46 am

I am 31 years old and looked forward to this show for the past 2 summers! I am very disappointed that it was cancelled. ABC Family, is your Nielsenometer working?

Anonymous June 7, 2008 at 8:22 pm

I am 25 years old and watched every episode. I just found out it wasn’t coming back on and I am very disappointed as well. I LOVED Falcon Beach.

Gina June 6, 2008 at 7:39 pm

I am 37 and watched this EVERY week with my 3 teen-aged daughters. We never missed an episode (even bought them on itunes). I’m disappointed to see that it’s not returning. ABC Family, please re-think your decision!!

SANDRA June 5, 2008 at 5:45 pm

I AM 24 AND NEVER MISSED AN EFFIN EPISODE! I LOVED THIS SHOW. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN ABC FAMILY!!! THIS IS THE BEST SHOW THAT YOU COULD HAVE AIRED!! THIS MAKES ME SO ANGRY!! THEY HAD TO DO IT RIGHT AT A GOOD POINT AND LEAVE ALL OF US VIEWERS HANGING ON WHAT WOULD HAPPEN NEXT THIS IS BULLSH*T!!

wendy June 5, 2008 at 2:11 pm

what a shame! I am 31, and I loved this show. Never missed an episode.

Bad move!

rachel June 4, 2008 at 6:29 pm

BIG MISTAKE…the only reason i watched ABC FAMILY was for Falcon Beach..but now that i know it isnt coming back on i wont watch ABC FAMILY anymore