Family Tree: Season Two Discussions Underway

Family Tree season two?The first season of Family Tree finished airing on HBO early last month. HBO hasn’t announced a second season renewal yet and the show’s fate is still up in the air.

A documentary-style comedy, Family Tree follows an insecure young man who’s perspective starts to change when a distant aunt dies and leaves him a mysterious box of belongings. This leads him to start investigating his lineage. He uncovers a world of unusual stories and acquires a growing sense of who he and his real family are.

Executive produced by Christopher Guest, the show stars Chris O’Dowd, Nina Conti, and Tom Bennett. The series is a co-production between BBC Two in the UK and HBO here in the states.

At the TCA Summer Press Tour, HBO programming president Michael Lombardo said that no decision has been made yet but, “The BBC I think is interested in doing a second season.”

He noted that the two organizations were just in early conversations about making new episodes. “It didn’t find as robust an audience as we’d hoped for but we’re proud of it.”

What do you think? Are you hoping for a second season of Family Tree coming to HBO?

Lucille October 4, 2013 at 3:11 am

Loved every episode and have shared all 8 episodes on VOD several times.
Gets better with each viewing. Can’t wait for new ones so PLEASE renew!

jane and simon September 6, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Series 2 please, it’s so rare to watch a programme this beautifully made. No laugh-out-loud just half an hour of subtle pleasure. Its like expensive chabis and foie gras. Delicious

Tony September 6, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I just found this series on HBO to go and finished the last episode last night. What a gem. Good work HBO & BBC. It would be a shame not to give this series more time to find its audience.

Steve September 3, 2013 at 8:34 pm

I fell in love with Nina Conti, a brilliant performer and a real find as far as I’m concerned. Hope to see more of the remarkable character, Bea and her monkey.

Dee542 August 24, 2013 at 10:19 am

One of the VERY few original new comedies. The ‘mainstream’ channels are full of the same repetitive, 6th-grade-level, tiresome attempts at humor, and we finally have a chance to see something fresh. Please renew!

Calum August 24, 2013 at 9:40 am

I really hope this gets renewed for a 2nd season, but I hope it focuses more on the american side of things and is based mainly in the US as I wasn’t a fan of the 1st 4 episodes but absolutely loved the last 4 episodes.

Caroline August 13, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Please, please, please renew this show!!!! It’s one of my favorites! My family & I love it! We watched and recorded every episode! We will be so disappointed if it goes away.

Robbie August 12, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Please!! RENEW!! I think it just took some people a while to come across the show. I didn’t start watching until after original air dates..I am hooked. I believe once people discover this gem, the ratings will come.

Catherine August 12, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Please, please make a second season! Favorite show! :)

Mollie August 11, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Yes! Renew it!

Pete August 10, 2013 at 7:05 pm

Just spent the afternoon watching all of the season one episodes. Guest’s cast of offbeat characters are some of his finest. The Writing is irreverent and witty. Just a lot of fun. Please HBO bring on a season two.

Tina August 9, 2013 at 9:26 am

Yes! Yes! Yes! I purchased HBO just to watch this show.

Sas Harris August 7, 2013 at 11:59 pm

WE LOVE THIS SHOW! Please give us a second season. It is delicious!

Helen August 7, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Yes, loved this show. HBO please renew!!!

Kay August 6, 2013 at 2:48 pm

I just found this through the Xfinity app, and watched the entire season over two days. Loved it! Christopher Guest’s humor isn’t for everybody, I know, but this didn’t disappoint!
PLEASE renew!!!!!