Fargo

Fargo TV show on FXNetwork: FX
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: April 15, 2014 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman, Colin Hanks, Allison Tolman, Bob Odenkirk, Oliver Platt, Kate Walsh, Glenn Howerton, Joey King, Peter Breitmayer, Tom Musgrave, Josh Close, Russell Harvard, Adam Goldberg, Keegan-Michael Key, and Jordan Peele.

TV show description:
This anthology series is an adaptation of the Fargo feature film and each season follows a new “true crime” case and new characters in Minnesota.

For example, in the first season: Lorne Malvo (Billy Bob Thornton) is a rootless and manipulative man who meets and forever changes the life of small town insurance salesman Lester Nygaard (Martin Freeman). Duluth Police Deputy Gus Grimly (Colin Hanks) is a single father who must choose between his own personal safety and his duty as a policeman when he comes face-to-face with a killer.

Other characters include Molly Solverson (Allison Tolman), an ambitious Bemidji deputy; Deputy Bill Oswalt (Bob Odenkirk); Stavros Milos (Oliver Platt); Gina Hess (Kate Walsh); Don Chumph (Glenn Howerton); Greta Grimly (Joey King); Lieutenant Schmidt (Peter Breitmayer); Bo Munk (Tom Musgrave); Chazz Nygaard (Josh Close); Mr. Wrench (Russell Harvard); Mr. Numbers (Adam Goldberg); Bill Budge (Keegan-Michael Key); and Webb Pepper (Jordan Peele).

Series Finale:
Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

What do you think? Do you like the Fargo TV series? FX is calling it a “limited series.” Do you think it should end or be renewed for another season with a new cast and characters?

Canceled and renewed TV show

93 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Daniel Evjen says

MUST SEE MORE!! I didn’t actually know there was a Fargo TV series until the night of the Emmy awards (August 25th 2014). I looked it up on the net and began binge watching. So far, I love what I see. It closely matches the crazyness of the Movie Fargo. I grew up in South Dakota and can relate to the ‘You Betha” dialog which is common back there. The dialog is slightly overdone but I love it just the same… Please, FX….continue this series and keep as many of the same characters as you can. This time you should promote the show a little more so guys like me know it’s out there, ok?

2. Trisha says

My husband & I love this adaptation of the movie and yes please do continue the series! As a former Minnesotian I love it!

3. Melanie says

Must continue!!!! A very different kind of show but it grabs you and won’t let go. The characters make the show so definitely keep them around.

4. Steve Atcher says

Love this show. Now they should move on with the same cast of characters and have Molly take on new investigations of the same high-caliber nature, perhaps connected to revenge sought by the crime syndicate.

5. lisa says

Love this show!!! Great characters, lots of twists and turns!! I love anything associated with the Coehn brothers!!

6. tom says

There are still some loose ends to tie up and certainly enough possible tangents to keep this going for another season and beyond. I hope it continues!

7. Liz says

Amazing show – there is nothing like it on TV — creative
    writing – keeps you on the edge of your seat and the
    acting — cant get any better.

8. says

Hate that the series may never even be a series. It was simply a great production and
    would be destined to become the best ever made … Even to the point of surpassing Breaking Bad.

9. Leslie says

This was an incredibly intelligent show. Each episode was so intense and you actually cared about each character. I hope Fargo continues with a new case. Bravo to the writers and actors.

10. Catherine says

Absolutely well done show! I really enjoyed it and all of the actors in it. This last episode aired on 6/16 seemed to have concluded the series. It was an exciting and interesting episode. If the series is renewed I would be interested in seeing just how the writers would do it and what ‘totally fresh’ take they would pursue….since there is no ‘going back’.

• cra says

The fact that the storyline was wraped up was wonderful. There are too many series that should have be miniseries (Revenge, Lost, Once Upon a Time) but limp along for season after season and becoming a bore. This was just about perfect. I certainly would love to see Molly, Gus, and Lou back with a new mystery to solve (including what happened to Lou in 1974). I, however, am sad that the FBI agents won’t be back they had great potential as characters.

11. DJ says

Please find a way to continue the show. Hate they killed off Billy Bob’s character but love the remaining cast and would like to see a Season 2.

12. Rod Hamilton says

Absolutely a great series- you didn’t know what to expect every week and that’s what makes great TV. the characters were priceless – please bring it back to another small town in Minnesota – thanks!