Fashion Star: NBC Series Cancelled; No Season Three

fashion star canceled, no season threeIt looks like Fashion Star won’t be back next year. At NBC’s session at the Television Critics Association Press Tour, NBC Entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt confirmed that the TV series has been cancelled.

Featuring Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos as mentors and Louise Roe as host, Fashion Star could hardly be called a rating success.

The second (and final) season averaged a meager 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.76 million total viewers. The last episode aired on May 10th.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Fashion Star won’t be back for a third season? What did you like or dislike about the series?

Brenda f. July 24, 2014 at 7:48 pm

NBC….WOW IT DOESN’T SURPRISE ME THAT A REALLY GOOD SHOW WOULD BE CANCELLED AND GARBAGE HYPED AND BROUGHT BACK SEASON AFTER SEASON. THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST, ANTICIPATED SHOWS. MAYBE LIFETIME, E OR BRAVO WILL PICK UP THIS SHOW. KEEP SHOWING PRIMETIME GARBAGE AND PEOPLE LIKE ME WILL CONTINUE TUNING IN TO CABLE. WOW, UNBELIEVABLE.

Frank N. Stein July 22, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Sad to see it won’t return. I really liked the show a lot!

All the good new shows got cancelled!

Jenay July 8, 2014 at 2:21 am

I loved Fashion Star! I loved the competition between the contestants, I loved that official buyers would bid on the fashion and I loved that I could go online and buy the product after the show. Every time I tried to buy something they were always sold out. I will miss this show! Please bring it back!

Mandy June 2, 2014 at 3:22 am

LOVED the show. So sad to see it go. I was just searching to see when season 3 was starting and saw it was cancelled. I have watched and been uninterested in other fashion shows. This one, to me, seemed of higher quality. I’m really surprised the ratings were so low. RIP Fashion Star. :(

Anonymous June 2, 2014 at 1:33 am

I think NBC got it wrong. Fashion star was something different than what you see on project runway. I think the timeslot that you picked for fashion star to come on hurt your ratings compared to season one. I just hope another network picks up the show.

Judy May 18, 2014 at 10:24 am

Looking for Season 3 of Fashion Star and just saw it was canceled. It should not have been canceled it was a great concept and very exciting I am so disappointed! Please look into another network picking it up!!!!!

Melissa Landry May 17, 2014 at 1:57 am

Heart-Broken! Just Found Out The Show Was Cancelled! Loved This Show! NBC YOU GOT IT WRONG THIS TIME! You should had tried a different better PRIME SPOT!

Melissa Landry May 17, 2014 at 1:51 am

Oh and by the way, I said from the beginning that Fashion Star was in the wrong timing bracket and possibly, probably on the wrong network.

Ken & Linda Davidson April 5, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Surprised to see the show get canceled. At a time when reality shows are so popular and attract so many viewers. Fashion Stars was an exciting show where we could root for our favorite designers and enjoyed watching the buyers who would surprise the contestants and the viewers with sometimes astronomical bids. Nice that the public would be able to go and purchase the latest designs. NBC, I think you failed your viewers on this one. Hope you decide to bring it back.

Nilda March 27, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Sorry to see the show go. I enjoyed the competition and the fact that the winning pieces would go on sale right away online. It was a new and fresh view to fashion design programs. Think it over! I was watching.

terry tate October 11, 2013 at 3:52 pm

I loved the show, just sick it is not returning.

Surprised September 30, 2013 at 11:46 am

With each design selling out almost overnight the majority of the time, someone must have been watching. I know I was. I am disappointed to hear this.

Don Siering September 10, 2013 at 10:05 pm

I loved the show…i liked it even better than project runway…VERY depressed

Taylor Mihalik August 1, 2013 at 2:17 pm

I’m very disappointed to hear that there isn’t going to be a 3rd season of Fashion Star!! I hardely ever watch T.V, but I made sure that ever Friday I was intune to this show! I’m going to school for fashion and retail management and I actually chose Saks Fifth Avenue as my research final for one of my classes because I had no clue what the store was until Fashion Star. I still can’t believe this!

Tha Critic July 27, 2013 at 4:25 pm