Final Witness: Summer 2012 Ratings

Final Witness TV show ratingsThe producers of this new ABC TV series look for big ratings while investigating some of the most shocking murders in the United States. Final Witness typically airs on Wednesday nights at 10pm on the ABC network. There are seven episodes in the first season.

These are the TV show’s ratings for the Summer 2012 season, the best way to tell if Final Witness will be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Check out our ABC summer ratings report card to see how this show’s numbers compare with the others on the network.

Final season averages: 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.86 million total viewers.

Episode 01-07: Wednesday, 08/08/12
0.8 in the demo (+14% episode-to-episode change) with 2.81 million.
Season averages: 0.90 in the demo with 3.86 million.

Episode 01-06: Wednesday, 08/01/12
0.7 in the demo (-30% episode-to-episode change) with 2.56 million.
Season averages: 0.92 in the demo with 4.03 million.

Episode 01-05: Wednesday, 07/25/12
1.0 in the demo (-17% episode-to-episode change) with 3.97 million.
Season averages: 0.96 in the demo with 4.33 million.

Episode 01-04: Wednesday, 07/18/12
1.2 in the demo (+9% episode-to-episode change) with 4.29 million.
Season averages: 0.95 in the demo with 4.42 million.

Episode 01-03: Wednesday, 07/11/12
1.1 in the demo (+120% episode-to-episode change) with 4.29 million.
Season averages: 0.87 in the demo with 4.46 million.

Episode 01-02: Wednesday, 07/04/12
0.5 in the demo (-50% episode-to-episode change) with 4.88 million.
Season averages: 0.75 in the demo with 4.54 million.

Episode 01-01: Wednesday, 06/27/12
1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.21 million total viewers.
Season averages: 1.00 in the demo with 4.21 million.

What do you think? Do you like the Final Witness TV series? How do you think it compares to the other newsmagazines?

lina August 29, 2012 at 3:49 pm

love the true stories and educational shows
love NY Med – final witness – Dr. G Medical Examiner

lv August 29, 2012 at 3:41 pm

love true stories – so much garbage on tv.
good shows always cancelled- loved unsolved mysteries,
mystery diagnosis, Dr. G. medical examiner were educational,
can’t see America’s most wanted anymore.
love true stories not these artificial reality shows > jersey shore, housewives,
toddlers & tiaries that teach nothing

Elaine August 27, 2012 at 7:48 am

I love this show!! Please bring it back!!

Gecko August 22, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Great Show!! Please bring it back!

TERI August 14, 2012 at 5:24 pm

LOVE IT…. LOVE IT…. This is the best TV series I have seen in a long time… Please do not cancel this program…I lived for Wednesday to watch my favorite show.

Emmey August 8, 2012 at 8:45 pm

This is an excellent show.

However, does Nelson factor those who record it and watch it later? I no longer believe in their(neilson) ratings nor should the network.
Pleason bring it back for people like me who will not watch the inane bachelor shows and the others that are supposed to be “real”

donna KAY August 5, 2012 at 7:46 pm

i LOVE THIS SHOW!! i LOVE the way its told by the victim and they have real interviews and of course you cant forget the end the real pics with the actors pic. HOPE IT COMES BACK

reyna1 August 5, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I love this show! I hope ABC brings it back for a second season. This is a great show and ABC doesn’t have that many great shows. I just wish there were more episodes!

chuck August 4, 2012 at 6:59 pm

I love this show! I really like how its told from the victoms point of view! Also like how it has real photos & real interviews from the original crimes! I really hope it gets another season! Its by far one of my favorite new shows for 2012! So ABC keep Final Witness its great show!

Margaret Berardinelli August 4, 2012 at 12:15 pm

This show reminds me of the Robert Stack-hosted show: Unsolved Mysteries that ran from 1987-2002. I loved that show and this one is even better because they have the victim narrate. Nice touch. There’s another show that uses that same format (victim narration) that I was watched on a cable channel but “Final Witness” is classier.

I found myself feeling somewhat depressed after watching the show on cable week after week so I stopped watching. Final Witness doesn’t affect me that way, maybe because they show the perpetrators are brought to justice and their actual photos at the end! Love it. Bring it back next year, please!

Mandy August 2, 2012 at 1:56 pm

This is by far the best tv show I’ve seen in a while. Just the ending where they show the actual pictures just send me goosebumps. PLEASE ANOTHER SEASON! <3

Blair August 2, 2012 at 11:44 am

LOVE IT!!

constance ellerbe August 1, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I love this show and the many others like it.

Karr July 26, 2012 at 6:20 am

I love this show it’s interesting to hear family members speak and see real evidence

Georgia July 20, 2012 at 12:52 pm

This is a GREAT show. Hope it becomes a staple for ABC.