Find My Family: Mixed Premiere Ratings; Cancel or Keep It?

Find My FamilyABC quietly unveiled a new reality series on Tuesday night. Like the network’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition series, Find My Family had audience members reaching for the tissues by the box. But, more importantly for the show’s future, how did it do in the ratings?

Hosted by Tim Green and Lisa Joyner, Find My Family helps people reconnect with family members after being separated for many years. The emotional reunions take place on-camera and in front of a place known as the “Family Tree.”

Following the performance finale of Dancing with the Stars, the premiere of Family attracted 12.76 million viewers and a 2.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic. Those numbers look okay on their own but its significant that the series lost about 40% of its lead-in audience. ABC can’t be happy about that.

The real test will be next Monday’s broadcast though. Family won’t have the powerful Dancing lead-in and will expand to one hour.

What do you think? Is Find My Family worth watching or should ABC cut this series short? Cancel or keep it?

josh lambert June 24, 2010 at 11:03 am

im a 12 year old boy whos’e father was a coward and ditched me and my mom. please bring the show back because i hope i would be able to have that oppertunity to find my dad.

Deb Fanning June 18, 2010 at 5:12 pm

I wish I had more positive things to say about ABC, but I don’t. I have written many comments about how they handled pulling the show. It’s almost been a year now since I got the call that changed my life forever. I keep writing in hopes that my half sib is writing comments too and sees my comments. I signed a contract and ABC didn’t have anything in it that holds them accountable if they should pull out before you meet your family. I have since lost a son in a car accident in Feb 2010. I wish I could get to know my half sib. My maiden name is Brewster and I was born on March 28, 1956. My father’s name is Gordon Dale Brewster. We were originally from Lansing, Illinois and moved to Milwaukee, WI when I was 6. I really think that after almost a year, ABC is not going to bring back Find My Family. My heart has been broken twice this year.

margo June 17, 2010 at 3:30 pm

all kinds of places on comp. to look up , do you hane there names? people search is good on. go to google. let me know what you come up with. margo

Paige Hanson June 17, 2010 at 2:10 pm

sorry im almost 18 years old not 17 cause i am 17 lol

Paige Hanson June 17, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Please bring this show back, I am almost 17 and ive always known i was adopted and i was adopted when i was only a month old. my birthmother and father was 15 and 16 years old when they had me and i been searching since i was 15 years old. I really want to know where they are so this show gives me hope. even though my adoptive mom and sister says its just a waist of my time

Susanne Boden June 9, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Please bring back the show. This show gave me hope! I lost my 16 year old son to unknown cause of death and then 4 months later I found out that I am adopted. Watching the show made me feel that maybe there is still something left for me and that I have not lost everything.

margo June 8, 2010 at 4:32 pm

me again. bring back show and let me hear from people i contacted please. margo

denise sumiel June 8, 2010 at 11:22 am

it a good show and find my family almost make me cried little. and some people find their birth family as a retuion, and have big family with your foster family and birth family together.

chris June 4, 2010 at 8:35 pm

I loved Find My Family, it was my favorite tv show……bring it back!!!!!

Kirk May 25, 2010 at 7:28 pm

Please bring find my family back. I miss it so much.
My mom and I watched it every week. I have never cried so much.

Sandy May 24, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Bring it back….Bring it back….Bring it back…Bring it back —- Enough Said!

Melody May 19, 2010 at 7:58 am

Please bring find my family back on.

Robin Seymour May 17, 2010 at 5:27 pm

This show I couldn’t wait to see, it made me cry but loved to see this people find their family. Please bring it back.

Dave May 17, 2010 at 1:08 pm

I was adopted and I just recently found my birth family. BRING BACK “FIND MY FAMILY”.

Deborah Recio May 14, 2010 at 2:20 pm

I wish you would bring the show back! I loved it and miss seeing it. It is a wonderful way to help people who may not have other options! PLEASE BRING THE SHOW BACK!!!!!!!