Finding Bigfoot: Renewal for Animal Planet TV Series

finding bigfoot renewalAnimal Planet has announced they’ve renewed their documentary series Finding Bigfoot for a third season. That’s a little strange since many sources believe that the show is currently airing its fourth season. Apparently, Animal Planet has their own way of breaking up their episodes.

Here are the details:

THE SEARCH FOR BIGFOOT CONTINUES…

ANIMAL PLANET’S HIT SERIES “FINDING BIGFOOT” RENEWED FOR THIRD SEASON

– Season Two Premieres Delivered 1.2 Million P2+ Viewers –

(New York, New York) – After setting foot in 33 states and five countries, the FINDING BIGFOOT team is still feverishly on the hunt for the elusive Sasquatch. As the evidence continues to mount, investigators Cliff Barackman, James “Bobo” Fay, Ranae Holland and Matt Moneymaker are closer than ever to uncover the truth behind the hairy beast. And with FINDING BIGFOOT hunting down 1.2 M P2+ viewers this season and ranking among Animal Planet’s top three performing series of all time among P25-54 (653K), this hunt isn’t ending any time soon! Today, Animal Planet announces the third-season renewal of the hit series, rolling out with 12 brand new episodes later this fall.

FINDING BIGFOOT continues to find new believers with 41% more W25-54 watching than season one. And in 1Q13, FINDING BIGFOOT helped Animal Planet rank among the top 10 ad-supported cable nets in the 10 PM timeslot based on M25-54 delivery (excluding movies and sports).

FINDING BIGFOOT investigates compelling evidence that may prove the existence of this elusive creature, with a team uses unconventional methodologies and new technologies to lure the creature from behind the shadows to get physical video and/or audio evidence to prove that there is a community of these sasquatches among us! The intrepid cast of investigators – Bigfoot Field Research Organization (BFRO) president Matt Moneymaker, researchers James “Bobo” Fay and Cliff Barackman, and skeptical scientist Ranae Holland – has traveled across the U.S. and followed up on evidence and first-hand eyewitness accounts. Now, the cast continues its international searches and re-visits some of the “squatchier” locations to uncover startling evidence of the mysterious and highly intelligent enigma that has eluded capture for centuries and fascinated man for just as long.

FINDING BIGFOOT is produced for Animal Planet by Ping Pong Productions. Keith Hoffman is the executive producer and Hillary Tholen is associate producer for Animal Planet. Brad Kuhlman and Casey Brumels are executive producers and Chad Hammel is the co-executive producer for Ping Pong Productions.

Animal Planet Media (APM), a multi-media business unit of Discovery Communications, is the world’s only entertainment brand that immerses viewers in the full range of life in the animal kingdom with rich, deep content via multiple platforms and offers animal lovers and pet owners access to a centralized online, television and mobile community for immersive, engaging, high-quality entertainment, information and enrichment. APM consists of the Animal Planet television network, available in more than 96 million homes in the US; online assets www.animalplanet.com, the ultimate online destination for all things animal; the 24/7 broadband channel, Animal Planet Beyond; Petfinder.com, the #1 pet-related Web property globally that facilitates pet adoption; and other media platforms including a robust Video-on-Demand (VOD) service; mobile content; and merchandising extensions.

What do you think? Do you like the series? Will you be watching the new season?

bob titcomb July 29, 2013 at 8:55 pm

the show is joke so is the cast please cancel!

Niles July 29, 2013 at 2:12 am

I love watching the show and in fact I have an idea that may help the Bigfoot team catch or at least see one. Since Bigfoot has a bad smell why not smell like one (just hunting for deer) we have to put deer scent on for then not smell us. Try it out and what you’ll find or I should say it’ll find you

Ronnie July 23, 2013 at 12:21 am

Betterif the team concentrated on a ‘hotspot’ instead of constantly globe trotting chasing longshots with gimmicks. A little more humor and personality interjected would be a plus as Bobo can’t carry that alone. Whether real or not, deep down we all want it to be.

kim dipietrantonio July 22, 2013 at 11:44 pm

ME and my boyfriend love watching finding bigfoot. It’s the only reason we watch animal planet. We really hope u bring it back. Bye for now.

nana ruth July 21, 2013 at 2:47 pm

my grandsons and I can’t wait for more “searches” keep up the good work. never mind the naysayers!

Debbie July 14, 2013 at 11:24 am

I love this show!!! I truly believe in Bigfoot. My thought is why couldn’t there be a creature that has not been discovered yet. I love the show so much my kids got me a Gone Squashin shirt for Christmas. I cannot wait for the new season.

Boo Boo June 23, 2013 at 10:07 pm

The best part of this show is the night scenes, living in hope that a Sasquatch would come tearing out of the tree line and rip these four idiots apart limb from limb! Now that would be entertainment!!!

Marcel Greene May 12, 2013 at 6:01 pm

There can be no question about it. Bigfoot is real. The show is awesome.

kattie banks April 17, 2013 at 11:35 pm

I love your show but i think you should check out sightings in and ozarks of a hairy 8ft monster and this show called monsters and mysteries have alot of creature sightings but

r.j. romano April 16, 2013 at 8:01 pm

i am a bigfoot believer and have been researching for over 45 years such as reorts photos etc.the program needs a little boost such as bringing on bigfoot experts in the field,and have less of the games that they do such as playing a bass guitar to showthat the expert can play,i don,t think bigfoot is attractedto music i think that they should throwout the night vision stuff thats too phony.the program has potential but needs a better producer with some real talent and know how,such as talking to real experts and briging them to the locations to really do some investagating.so my opinion is keep the show but clean up the poo poo.r.j.romano

Michele April 7, 2013 at 11:51 am

Years ago I heard from another Bigfoot expedition show that Bigfoot seems to be attracted to, to put it delicately, women in the search who are having their monthly “Aunt Flo.” It’s very, very distasteful, but I wondered if “Finding Bigfoot” expedition would distribute some used “womanly” products around an area, or hang some from trees so the scent would drift around. Maybe a male Bigfoot would show up. Like the earlier comment I enjoy “Finding Bigfoot” for the interesting people the expedition members talk to and interview. I hope the new season continues to find more of them. I’m still don’t know if there are Bigfoots or not, I have an open mind, but I don’t think looking for Bigfoot any different that the JLP looking for life on Mars. Interesting clues abound but still no actual evidence!

CHerold April 5, 2013 at 11:05 pm

Wow, this is my favorite show, I don’t know if it is because of the amazing local people who tell their stories, or because I have been a beleiver in squatches for years, or if it is because I am happy to let someone else hike around and sleep alone in the woods. I just know I love this show, and I hope there are many more seasons to come ! PS I have seen one, they are real. According to BoBo that makes me “in the club”.

Stacy Polk April 5, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Love the show. Will definitely watch the new season and enjoy the reruns until then.

Doubtful News April 4, 2013 at 9:14 am

This is one of the worst shows on TV. It should be called “Imagining Bigfoot”. Although, they really could make it a winner if they retool as a complete comedy. Seriously, many people believe what they are seeing is science or actual investigation which is far from what is going on. I love cryptozoology and feel there should be good quality programs on mystery animals but with the emphasis on nonsense like Mermaids and the way Finding Bigfoot is done, I am upset that Animal Planet has cheapened its brand. Real animals covered well is what they ought to be doing. Maybe then I’d support the channel.

Joyce Plassche April 3, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Both my husband and I love this series. We have always been interested in bigfoot and we love the cast of this show. If we aren’t home to watch we always tape it and never miss an episode. We often even watch the re-runs of the previous episodes. We are very happy it is having another season. Keep this one going, it is one that has brought us back to animal planet!!!
Joyce Plassche