Firefly: Watch Captain Mal Return (briefly) on Castle

Firefly or Castle?Last night’s episode of Castle was a Halloween offering and most of the characters dressed up accordingly.

While author Richard Castle (Nathan Fillion) was trying to decide on his attire, he slipped into some familiar “space cowboy” duds, those of Captain Malcolm Reynolds from Joss Whedon’s Firefly.

His daughter (Molly C. Quinn) asks, “Didn’t you wear that, like, five years ago?… So, don’t you think you should move on?”

“I like it!,” he defends.

Take a peek.

Mary Sagor January 30, 2010 at 10:58 am

I found Castle by accident, while trying to avoid the offerings on other channels, and fell in love with the premise, the actors, and the banter between all the characters. I never saw Firefly. Now that I’ve heard about it, I like to see it…is it in syndication anywhere?

Citabjockey October 12, 2010 at 6:19 pm

Firefly is online or on netflix view online or you can get the series on DVD — an exceptionally good thing to spend DVD dollars on I might add. :-)

Buddy November 7, 2009 at 12:36 pm

I wish Universal would consider a Serenity 2. It’s time for a Firefly revival.

Scott November 2, 2009 at 9:45 pm

Well I feel better that I am not the only one that gave the show a chance because of FireFly, man I miss that show.

Jen94 October 29, 2009 at 11:45 am

Mal wasn’t the only “nod” from the writers….Esposito was dressed as a Marine, a role he played in Generation Kill.

b faulkenberry October 28, 2009 at 12:57 pm

Yeah writers! For putting the space cowboy costume –I’m 56 and my daughter (26) MADE me watch Firefly “5 years ago”–I already liked the show-that was genius!

Cindy91 October 27, 2009 at 2:00 pm

Super reference to Firefly! I love both these series! So glad to see him in the limelight so much– he’s so entertaining!

Joel Watson October 27, 2009 at 1:54 pm

Also watched Firefly before watching Castle and only gave it a try because of Firefly. Laughed out loud when he tried on the “space cowboy” costume! I knew who he was immediately. His daughter’s little “5 years ago” line was hilarious….

Eric Greenhaw October 27, 2009 at 9:45 am

Bwahahaha! I loved Firefly, and probably that was the only reason I gave Castle a chance. Turns out it’s a pretty good show and this throwback is a great nod to his fans.