FlashForward: Does the Cancelled Show’s Last Episode Give Answers?

FlashForward canceledOne of the unfortunate bits of news that came out of this week’s upfronts is that FlashForward has been cancelled after just one season. The TV show’s last episode will air as scheduled next week but, can viewers expect some closure?

The story of FlashForward begins as the world’s population blacks out for a little more than two minutes and they “flash forward” to see visions of their lives six months in the future. The series’ ensemble cast includes Joseph Fiennes, John Cho, Jack Davenport, Zachary Knighton, Peyton List, Dominic Monaghan, Brian F. O’Byrne, Courtney B. Vance, Sonya Walger, and Christine Woods.

In an interview with EOnline, actress Sonya Walger recently shared that, while there is some closure in the FlashForward series finale, an awful lot is left open-ended. On the positive side, the show does come full-circle from the pilot.

Walger said, “There’s another flash-forward brewing, but it remains to be seen if it happens or not… The finale is just brilliantly written. It’s so satisfying to watch how everybody ends up — or doesn’t — in the positions that they saw themselves in the pilot. Watching these chess pieces move into position so that everyone is where they saw themselves being is ingenious. And by the end of the penultimate episode, they’ve pushed everyone as far away from their final positions as they could possibly be. It’s a brilliant device.”

Walger’s own character, Olivia, will really shift her focus in the final two episodes. She says, “Olivia’s prime concern becomes Charlie, her little girl, and making sure that she’s OK. That becomes her guiding star, not if Mark (Joseph Fiennes) is all right or am I going to hook up with Lloyd (Jack Davenport). In pursuing that goal, all of these other things fall into place.”

What do you think? Do you think that you’ll still enjoy the ending of the series, even though all of the questions haven’t been answered?

FLASHFORWARD FANS June 6, 2010 at 11:38 am

My daughter and I plan our Thursday nights for FLASHFORWARD! It’s the best with it’s great actors and storyline! If ABC can’t keep a good thing; I really hope another network will pick it up! Stupid execs. to cancel such a great format but keep such a ridiculous show like V? Maybe ABC needs to replace it’s decision-makers! How about another night or time slot? Please give it another chance! TV shows are getting worse and FLASHFORWARD gave me hope!

JEGS June 4, 2010 at 2:45 pm

I CAN’T BELIEVE ABC CANCELLED Flash Forward, Its one of the best new shows on TV. I watched both Flash Forward and V, and hands downs believe Flash Forward was a better show. BRING IT BACK!!!!!

Pistol June 4, 2010 at 11:25 am

BOYCOTT ABC UNTIL THYE BRING FLASHFOWARD BACKK

mark benford June 3, 2010 at 8:24 am

see everybody likes our show why shutting it down

Chad June 3, 2010 at 10:45 pm

It all has to do with rating. The JERKS @ ABC didn’t reallize that this show was Bigger than theUSA, it was a Gloabal Show that had something For All. I have quit watching any ABC shows,news,anything to do with ABC and Parent company Diseny there is only one more thing I will get and after that my moneies want go there. I will buy the 2nd part of Season 1 then it want get my money.

reene June 2, 2010 at 6:54 pm

One of my very favorite shows on TV. Maybe another network will realize ABC error and pick the show up for next season.

Big FlashForward fan June 2, 2010 at 1:51 pm

This was the best show on tv. The ending left you hanging. I would dvr the show and could’t wait until the next day to see it!!!!!!!

flashforward fan June 2, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Very sad to see this show go. I loved it!

Harith Naji June 1, 2010 at 1:56 pm

its really insane and so stupid to cancel such a great series like flashforward and you ABC should really re think of what you done and you should save the show

Cathy June 1, 2010 at 1:00 pm

One of the most intelligent SF programs I have seen in a long time. Wonderful, complex characters and a fantastic story. I guess people just want more insipid reality shows. I would encourage ABC to sell this off to USA – they could probably run with it. Either that or make a 2 hour movie to pull the storylines together.

Laura May 31, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Can’t belive FlashForward has been cancelled! The final episode was a sham and left me still asking all the questions that I started off with but this time there will be no answer!! Soo so disapointed… For crying out loud Lost went on for 6 seasons! But FlashForward (which I have to say seemed to be going somewhere unlike Lost) only managed 1 mesley season… Arg……….
I HATE ABC!!!!!!!

Anonymous May 31, 2010 at 2:47 pm

BRING FLASH FORWARD BACK! It is the best show on TV!

Cindy May 31, 2010 at 8:36 pm

I agree. I am so upset.
What do you think happened at the end? It left me disappointed and confused.
Who were the “bad guys”?
Who survived?

Carla May 30, 2010 at 6:13 pm

I loved this show. I cannot believe that ABC cancelled it. The final episode was totally unsatisfactory. It is not fair to leave viewers hanging the way they did. TOTALLY UNFAIR. The least they could have done was shown a decent ending. I feel as though I am in limbo.

C. Nappi May 30, 2010 at 6:11 pm

cheryl May 30, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Once again, ABC has canceled a great show without giving it a chance. I am sick of you! Flashfoward is an amazing show, and the finale just makes me even madder because I want more. I love all the characters on the show. Please save this show!

Riley May 30, 2010 at 9:37 am

ABC, I HATE YOU!

This was the only series on TV that I liked and now you’ve taken it away. EAT IT ABC!