FlashForward: ABC TV Show Cancelled, No Season Two

FlashForwardThe ABC TV show about what happens in the future apparently doesn’t have one. FlashForward has been cancelled after one season.

FlashForward begins as the world’s population blacks out for 137 seconds and they “flash forward” to see visions of their lives six months in the future. The series’ ensemble cast includes Joseph Fiennes, John Cho, Jack Davenport, Zachary Knighton, Peyton List, Dominic Monaghan, Brian F. O’Byrne, Courtney B. Vance, Sonya Walger, and Christine Woods.

The series debuted in September and attracted a 4.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 12.47 million viewers. With a lot of buzz, it seemed like ABC had a hit. For week two, the ratings dropped to a still very respectable 3.7 and 10.73 million.

But then viewership just kept falling, hitting a low of a 2.1 in the key demo and just 7.1 million viewers. Then, ABC pulled the series for three months. The spin was that they would relaunch FlashForward after the Olympics.

The network gave the return a significant amount of promotion but it didn’t help. FlashForward’s ratings were even worse and they just kept dropping. They’ve gotten so bad that The CW has been beating them in the demo.

To no surprise, ABC has cancelled FlashForward after one season of 20 episodes. The series finale will air in two weeks, on May 27th.

What do you think? Did FlashForward deserve a second season? Could ABC have saved it? If given the chance, how would you wrap it up?

FlashForward 4 Life March 31, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Ok so its been two yrs since the show was cancelled so its pretty unrealistic for it to come back and if it did it would most likely have diff cast and story and would Prolly just plain suck. So I think they should make it into a comic. That way we still have the same characters and same storyline and it really can’t be cancelled.

day n night April 2, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Omg they should i loved that show so much I just wanna know what happens next. And ur right if they did the comic they could make characters just like the show and could make it really popular like the walking dead comic which I’m also in love with

ayg March 26, 2012 at 2:21 am

PLZ SEASON 2 :(((

KLMorello March 25, 2012 at 10:41 am

I really wish that they would do a Season 2…even if they just wrapped up the story with a movie or DVD or SOMETHING!!! I kept looking out for Season 2 and really feel left hanging!!!

Tori March 21, 2012 at 1:13 am

This is so typical! a show has some bad ratings on a first season when the show is just trying to get their barings so they cancel! I like many others didnt even know about the show until looking around on netflix & now yet again we get screwed put of a good show because the execs don’t want to spend the money to try & save a show. i could
plead & beg for the show to get another chance
(which i would LOVE) but sadly it will never happen. The networks are more interested in raunchy teenager shows or yet another dr. show that they are sure to make money on they are too scared to go out on a limb or ASK viewers what they want. Nice. Thanks. Will spend my $ somewhere else.

Bob Weeks March 19, 2012 at 9:17 am

FlashForward probably did not make it because it is a show (which is excellent), because the viewers are not into thinking? This is an excellent idea because we could reach this point in life with the internet and global knowledge! I would like this show to have a second chance. I would be a viewer.

Robert March 19, 2012 at 9:06 am

This series is great and I just decovered it, but it deserves another chance.

JEAN ONG March 7, 2012 at 1:38 am

AFTER WATCHING FLASH FORWARD SEASON ONE
I AM LOOKING FORWARD FOR SEASON 2 . IT’S AN EXCITING N SUSPENSEFUL SHOW , LIKE THE 24. LOST SHOWS. PLEASE GIVE IT A SECOND CHANCE

Rebecca March 4, 2012 at 1:44 am

I just found this show on Netflix as well, and it is brilliant. How sad it is that crap shows like Jersey shore continue to be on air while Flashforward with its awesome cast and dialogue and storyline is not given a second chance :(

Robyn February 21, 2012 at 11:29 am

Let’s see…intelligent writing, great acting, concept that really makes you think…
Now look at what shows the networks are keeping: Survivor, the Bachelor, Fear Factor, Big Brother, Two and a Half Men, etc. etc.
One can only surmise that the public wants mindless drivel rather than entertainment that also engages at least a few brain cells.
Please, Syfy or TNT or ANYBODY–pick up my (still) favorite show in the last five years!

tyrone brackett February 19, 2012 at 11:58 pm

PLEASE!!!!! can some other network pick it up just found on netflix and love it SOOOO! disappointed!!!! no season 2

danielle February 18, 2012 at 8:10 pm

I REALLY LOVE THIS SHOW WHO WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR NOT HAVING A PART TWO, I EVEN HEARD IT WAS NOMINATED FOR AWARDS WOW WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT.SOMEONE BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billi February 17, 2012 at 7:02 am

I just finished the first season this morning. The writing was genius and I am very disappointed ABC did not renew.

Michael February 16, 2012 at 11:01 pm

I enjoyed this show alot. I was very disappointed when I found out that season 2 would not be happening. I really think this show needs another season…

nick February 16, 2012 at 3:33 am

Awww I just found this show on netflix, i never even knew about it when it aired on tv. This show was AMAZING… I was hoping there was a season 2 not yet on netflix, but alas, I was screwed…. Shows like this, and terminator:sarah connor chronicles and the show Hero’s, the best 3 shows i’ve ever seen, and they were all cancelled…

TV NETWORKS SUCK BALLS…

Teresa February 15, 2012 at 4:28 am

Hi, this is Teresa from HONG KONG!

I truly love this show, seriously i am obsess with flash forward and i watch it over and over again!!!
It’s really a great show to watch compare to the others.
Please bring me season 2222!!!

PLEASE