FlashForward: ABC TV Show Cancelled, No Season Two

FlashForwardThe ABC TV show about what happens in the future apparently doesn’t have one. FlashForward has been cancelled after one season.

FlashForward begins as the world’s population blacks out for 137 seconds and they “flash forward” to see visions of their lives six months in the future. The series’ ensemble cast includes Joseph Fiennes, John Cho, Jack Davenport, Zachary Knighton, Peyton List, Dominic Monaghan, Brian F. O’Byrne, Courtney B. Vance, Sonya Walger, and Christine Woods.

The series debuted in September and attracted a 4.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 12.47 million viewers. With a lot of buzz, it seemed like ABC had a hit. For week two, the ratings dropped to a still very respectable 3.7 and 10.73 million.

But then viewership just kept falling, hitting a low of a 2.1 in the key demo and just 7.1 million viewers. Then, ABC pulled the series for three months. The spin was that they would relaunch FlashForward after the Olympics.

The network gave the return a significant amount of promotion but it didn’t help. FlashForward’s ratings were even worse and they just kept dropping. They’ve gotten so bad that The CW has been beating them in the demo.

To no surprise, ABC has cancelled FlashForward after one season of 20 episodes. The series finale will air in two weeks, on May 27th.

What do you think? Did FlashForward deserve a second season? Could ABC have saved it? If given the chance, how would you wrap it up?

sopho December 30, 2012 at 3:03 am

I need this series to continue and am nonplussed that it would be cancelled. My only criticism is that it got cancelled.

Andrew December 17, 2012 at 9:52 pm

i am going to start a FB page to petition ABC to put this back on the air and get the producers to start writing again!

Linda Ukeje December 17, 2012 at 4:45 am

I watched flash forward at home, at work, on my phone etc. I couldn’t get enough of it. I am so DISAPPOINTED !!! How could such a great show be cancelled? Please bring it back.

Will Smith Turks November 14, 2012 at 5:54 am

We look forward with great hope and 2.sezonunu series Flash Forward. Turn left and continue the sequence you received the wrong decision. Rating not how such a series of! Or there are other things in this business. Because such a fascinating, mysterious, full of excited and watched a series, I have not.

Jeremy November 12, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Canceling the greatest show since lost. Are you kidding me. And leave all these stupid reality shows on. Did watch much tv until lost and flash-forward. The best shows ever. How stupid to cancel flash-forward

Grammee gadget gal November 5, 2012 at 8:51 pm

AMAZING show! Brilliantly written & left us hanging with a perfect set up for a next season! I’d love to see this continue & dump the junk that’s on air..

Carolyn November 5, 2012 at 10:14 am

Brilliant show, definitely should have made more season.

jessica October 25, 2012 at 8:00 pm

stupid non flash forward viewers. !!! THIS WAS AN AMAZING SHOW. HATS OFF TO THE WRITERS AND CAST. PHENOMINAL STORY LINE CLIMAX WAS PERFECT PERFECT FIT OF DEMOGRAPHIC SPREAD. SUCH A LOSS. I WOULD WATCH EVERY EPISODE OF EVERY SEASON AND EVEN DONATE TO THE CAUSE IN ANY WAY I COULD. GREAT STUFF .
BRING IT BACK.

Jimmy October 18, 2012 at 10:39 pm

MAN!! CAN’t BELIEVE THEY CANCELED THIS SHOW…

Maria October 18, 2012 at 9:35 am

I loved that show uts ashame that it isnt continued.. U cant just leave the season final like that and dont make a ending!!!

milena October 10, 2012 at 5:27 am

FLASHFORWARD e’assolutamente fantastico…come avete potuto cancellarlo!?!?
Vorrei assolutamente che ripartisse con la seconda stagione e spero tante altre ancora….FLASH FORWARD DEVE TORNARE!!!!

james October 5, 2012 at 3:47 am

that really sucks i loved that show i was on edge the hole time {PTB} please make more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C. Gus Saunders October 1, 2012 at 6:44 pm

I need this series to continue and am nonplussed that it would be cancelled. How were the ratings in Australia? I know I was glued to the screen every time. An intriguing plot very well played. My only criticism is that it got cancelled. Is there ANY way to get the PTB (powers that be) to reconsider?

kathryn maddox August 12, 2012 at 3:10 pm

One of the most interesting serious I’ve ever seen. Cannot believe they have canceled it. The reason i stopped watching regular TV and went to HBO and so on was because ABC, CBS and NBC haven’t put on anything decent to watch in a long time
sorely disappointed
kat

terry August 2, 2012 at 8:09 pm

NO WAY!! NO season 2 ??!! Flash Forward is a hit – a huge success – great ratings. WHY? We suffer through putting up with junk on the airwaves as they drone on and on season after season,then they cut this excellent production. Have you that bring us our viewing lost your minds?