FlashForward: ABC TV Show Cancelled, No Season Two

FlashForwardThe ABC TV show about what happens in the future apparently doesn’t have one. FlashForward has been cancelled after one season.

FlashForward begins as the world’s population blacks out for 137 seconds and they “flash forward” to see visions of their lives six months in the future. The series’ ensemble cast includes Joseph Fiennes, John Cho, Jack Davenport, Zachary Knighton, Peyton List, Dominic Monaghan, Brian F. O’Byrne, Courtney B. Vance, Sonya Walger, and Christine Woods.

The series debuted in September and attracted a 4.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 12.47 million viewers. With a lot of buzz, it seemed like ABC had a hit. For week two, the ratings dropped to a still very respectable 3.7 and 10.73 million.

But then viewership just kept falling, hitting a low of a 2.1 in the key demo and just 7.1 million viewers. Then, ABC pulled the series for three months. The spin was that they would relaunch FlashForward after the Olympics.

The network gave the return a significant amount of promotion but it didn’t help. FlashForward’s ratings were even worse and they just kept dropping. They’ve gotten so bad that The CW has been beating them in the demo.

To no surprise, ABC has cancelled FlashForward after one season of 20 episodes. The series finale will air in two weeks, on May 27th.

What do you think? Did FlashForward deserve a second season? Could ABC have saved it? If given the chance, how would you wrap it up?

Tay May 2, 2014 at 3:34 am

I love it, I watched when it was airing, and I just fell in love once again, watching it on Netflix. If ABC doesn’t want return for season 2 well at least bring to Netflix, like they did for, “The Lying game,” or another network. JUST BRRRRRRINNNNNGGGGG IT BACK. Its going to haunt me, if I’m stuck with mysterious questions.

tara April 28, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Bring it back… it would now be very successful…. not very many shows grab you like this one

Anne cullen April 19, 2014 at 5:59 am

I love this show and I can,t believe there is no second series. I am two episodes from the end of series one will I go on or stop now . Can,t decide. :(

mattie April 6, 2014 at 12:02 am

Omg I love this show. Just finished it on hulu….im so disappointed theres no season 2

Natalie March 12, 2014 at 1:25 am

Please continue with season 2! I love the cast, the story line is amazing. Keep working on it, I’m sure people will get into it again…

Tamara pfeiffer December 20, 2013 at 5:53 pm

I fell in love with this show! So sad to hear it was cancelled, don’t know who would rate this show poorly.

Deborah September 3, 2013 at 2:30 pm

I LOVED FLAS FOWARD!!! I started watching the series when it first aired, then through life’s changes I was not able to continue. I found it on HULU and was thrilled. I watched the reaming series in a week, 3 epsisodes at a time. THEN, I just find out there was not a second season. The intesity of the first season was so great it kept me on th edge of my seat. The characters were intertwined very cleverly and the way it came together at the end was phenomenal!! PLEASE put together a second season!!!!

Catrinna March 26, 2014 at 6:46 am

Yea I’m with this person, I had to Google too find out what happened. I total was on my seat in Hulu and couldn’t be peeled away.

Mary Mannett August 5, 2013 at 3:10 pm

I totally agree with the reviews given above. My husband and I didnot know anything about this show, never saw it advertised. It is amazing and we were glued to our television whem a friend found the series at the public library on DVD.

The Writers and actors are excellent. PLEASE BRING THIS SERIES BACK WITH THE SAME ACTORS TOO.

Nicholas Dafoe July 24, 2013 at 6:08 am

Just finish watching Flash Forward on Hulu Plus. To be honest didn’t even know that this aired on tv. Saw the first season on hulu plus. Glad I did. I started watching it and couldn’t stop. Episode after episode. 6 episodes a night. Going to bed at 3:00 a.m. this past week. Great story line. How each puzzle comes together. You don’t have to be intelligent to watch it. It is that good and keep you waiting for more, even I understood what was going on and I am just average. I like it a lot. ABC bring it back. When I finish the first thing I did the same day was look on the internet to see if there was a season 2 and when it was coming out. To see what I found on the internet about the cancelation and what year it was when it was canceled in 2010. Makes me believe that ABC or anyone out there that has the power to put tv shows on the air isn’t taking the fans serious. It’s 2013 now and I see it hasn’t aired yet. Here is a twist ABC if you want ratings air Flash Forward in the year 2015. Just like the Flash Forwards in Season 1 that showed Charlie in 2015 saying they found him. Who knows maybe a good idea or a bad idea, but look at it this way you would be staying in our same time period too. Anyways Season 2 would be awesome to watch to see what all transpired after every event that happened.

ryan July 6, 2013 at 3:28 pm

GREAT SHOW!!!! Canceled? GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!

Lorene Mayer June 27, 2013 at 12:32 am

I just watched the series on Hulu Plus and was glued to the tv set. I can’t believe this was cancelled! It was as good as “24” and that got tons of good ratings and seasons. The first season didn’t even end leaving you feeling like you figured it all out. I can’t believe this! I never saw ads for this when it was live on tv, so the advertising let it down majorly. It should have gotten the ads to promote it before and during it so there wasn’t such a short series. The marketing department should have taken the shot for this failure. The actors and script were fantastic….what a let down for all of us who loved it to cancel it. It needs a second shot!!

Karen June 10, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Just finished watching all of Flash Forward on HULU.
ABC has no idea how to promote a great show like this. If they had
then the ratings would have been better.
I saw it promoted on TV but it clashed with another show.
It was as good as Lost. But it should be bought back. This was truly gripping TV !!
ABC sucks and cancels too many good shows. They should make shows and leave it up to other channels to show them.
Guaranteed to see good shows but not see them dumped.
Disappointing.

Laura May 31, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Once again, watched another great series on Hulu.com, this time FlashForward, to have it end after season 1 as ABC didn’t continue the series. What a shame!

althia May 10, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Flashforward was the most exciting event in a long time. I may be out of the loop; however, I never saw any trailors for the next season and was anxiously awaiting the show.

This was better than LOST of which I knew what was what and where they were going by the end of the 1st season.

I told you not to mess this up!!!

daniel April 17, 2013 at 5:14 pm

I think you should do a vote and Trailer for Season 2 for 3 months if it will pass the one million votes and 7 million excrement video so please do season 2!!!!!!!!