Flashpoint: CBS Renews Series for Season Two, When Will It Return?

FlashpointOn the heels of a solid performance in the ratings last night, CBS has renewed its successful Summer drama, Flashpoint, for a second season.

Flashpoint was originally developed by Canadian network CTV. CBS decided to license the series during the infamous writers strike earlier this year. CBS started airing the drama on Friday nights beginning on July 11th. The network was encouraged by the early numbers and moved it to Thursday nights, switching places with ailing Swingtown. The numbers dipped a bit but were still respectable, especially for a Summer series.

After a two week hiatus, Flashpoint returned to the schedule last Thursday and attracted 8.5 million viewers — outperforming the series’ premiere. Last night, the drama held onto 95% of CSI’s audience with 9.7 million, another series high.

When should Flashpoint return?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Last month, CTV announced that they were renewing the series for another season and production is expected to resume in early 2009. Between the show’s recent ratings and lower cost, it comes as no surprise that CBS has also renewed Flashpoint for 13 more episodes.

When Flashpoint will actually return to CBS is unclear. There are still four first season episodes left to air and they aren’t currently on the schedule. If one of the network’s new Fall shows tanks, Flashpoint could certainly fill in. If CBS decides to kick off season two in midseason, they could hold the leftover episodes until then.

One thing is for sure, with such solid numbers, it’s unlikely that CBS will make fans wait until next Summer to see the cops of the Strategic Response Unit return. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

37 Comments on "Flashpoint: CBS Renews Series for Season Two, When Will It Return?"

Notify of

Evonne
Evonne
October 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Bring Flashpoint back miss it. Best show ever!!!! Hoping it returns very soon.

foster, Linda
foster, Linda
May 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Thank you for bringing back this wonderful show with its great stores and cast. I was hoping that it would return soon. Keep it going… a fan of Flashpoint.

SHARON AND BURT GATZA
SHARON AND BURT GATZA
March 11, 2011 6:10 pm

please, please keep Flashpoint going, we find it to be one of the BEST drama shows on tv and superior cast and writers. Would gladly give up csi miami which is quite lame for this realistic and extremely well acted show. Have posed the question all around our family an friends which is a considerable number of people and ALL LOVE FLASHPOINT AND HATE WHEN IT IS NOT AVAILABLE. Just thought you may want to have this imput. This show very much matters to all of us.

Rena Fisher
Rena Fisher
October 22, 2010 5:54 pm

Please bring back Flashpoint it is very clean for familys to watch and that is hard to find. I really like the show and cast members. Please update your website.

THANKS

aj
aj
September 30, 2010 11:57 am

CBS is very good about cancelling shows.. BUT.. Flashpoint should NOT be one of them. Good show and very good cast that work well together (with good writers). I just saw David on Supernatural.. so that is a slight hint that they are going bye..bye. I certainly hope not… CBS try this.. Cancel.. csi miami and put FLASHPOINT there..
If CBS needs any more help with there fall lineup.. they can email me..
ps.. bottom page “This post is over 2 year old etc” keep your posting up to date…

Eileen
Eileen
September 18, 2010 11:54 am

Why take off a good show? From what I read here , we all would like for it to stay on. Is it because the characters are not sleeping around with everybody like most of the other shows do? This is a good clean, action show with no bad language, no sex. You stay on the edge of your seat until it is over with.

Kathy
Kathy
July 16, 2010 10:06 pm

PLEASE quiet down the music & background noise–I can’t hear the dialog!!! I very much like the show when I can hear it. please continue the show with less noise. Thx Kathy

Paula Sell
Paula Sell
July 2, 2010 7:12 pm

I love this show and hope that CBS keeps it on forever. All there seems to be on tv is junk shows, reality shows, big brother shows. This one is GREAT. I too will not watch CBS if it takes this show off and puts another junk show on. Although CBS does have better shows than NBC and ABC I must admit.

Kathy
Kathy
June 25, 2010 8:40 pm

June 25th episode & others —the music is too LOUD I can’t hear the dialoge!!!

william nemeti
william nemeti
April 18, 2010 12:48 pm

if you do bring flash point back please e-mail me because I have stop watching your network.

Cindy
Cindy
April 7, 2010 5:04 pm

When are you going to put flashpoint back on the air, it was a good show and there are so few left for the family to watch. I don`t understand why the networks keep adding all of these stupid reality shows and taking away shows that everyone enjoys.

Flashpoint lover
Flashpoint lover
March 25, 2010 1:56 pm

When will flashpoint air again. I used to love watch this show on CBS at 9:00 pm Friday nights, now tv friday nights are.. junk. Please air flashpoint again. PLEASE!!!

GREG FULLER
March 3, 2010 9:00 pm

Both my girlfriend and I faithfully watched your Flashpoint show evrry Friday night. We couldn’t wait for the episode. It broke our hearts that the show didn’t air in 2009. When will the show return. I can guarantee my girlfriend and I will not miss an episode. What is taking so long?

Patricia, Aruba
Patricia, Aruba
March 2, 2010 3:44 am

PLease…when will they start again ??? What a show!!!!Diffrent!!!!!!!!!!With feeling!!!!LOVE IT!!!!Can’t wait for season 4, 5, etc keep it up!!!!

Karen
Karen
February 16, 2010 11:23 am

When are your bring back Flashpoint, it was such a good lead in to watch numbers. cbs 9-11 o’clock hour use to be the best, now it bust because Flashpoint is not on. I love Numb3rs.

1 2 3