Flashpoint: Ending; No Season Six for ION TV Series

Flashpoint endingThe producers of Flashpoint have announced the end of their beloved cop series after 75 episodes and five seasons.

Created by Stephanie Morgenstern and Mark Ellis in 2007 for CTV in Canada. CBS came on board as a production partner in 2008 and Flashpoint ran for three seasons as a successful utility player for the network. CBS made a deal to take on some of the episodes from the fourth season and then ION made a deal to take on the rest, as part of a syndication package.

CTV renewed Flashpoint for a fifth season and, in January, ION followed suit. Production began in February and will supposedly wrap in June. We don’t know when they’ll air but we do know that those will be the TV show’s final episodes.

In a message to fans on Facebook, the producers wrote:

To the Flashpoint Family:

Today we announced to our cast and crew that this will be our final season of FLASHPOINT. While still at our creative apex, we’ve decided to conclude the series on a high note. This will allow us to give our fans the satisfaction of a fitting series conclusion with our 75th, and final, episode. Producing FLASHPOINT over the past five seasons has been an exceptional adventure, and we are extremely grateful to all of you for being with us every step of the way. We hope that by announcing this now, you’ll be able to enjoy the fifth season to the utmost, and properly say goodbye to Team 1 along with all of us.

In response to numerous messages to fans, the producers later wrote, “Thanks to all the fans for your support! It wouldn’t have been the same without you. We promise to deliver a memorable final chapter.”

What do you think? Are you going to miss Flashpoint? How would you like to see this TV show end?

Diane September 1, 2014 at 10:57 am

Bring Flashpoint back! It’s my absolute favorite show, I have it on demand so I can watch it whenever I want and when friends and family see it they love it too. Please bring us another Season, this is the best show on TV and will continue to be.

lizzie August 17, 2014 at 12:14 pm

please bring back flash point best show ever!!

Mary Hart August 11, 2014 at 1:41 pm

If there is anyway to bring Flashpoint back on someone should jump on it !! Cannot believe that it was taken off the air that showed could have ran for a very long time !! You had Greag and Ed’s sons who could have become policemen , you need to get the entire crew back together and start filming!! You had the best show on TV .. With the best actors now we get The Walking Dead and stupid programming like that ?? David who played Sam Braddock was excellent as were the others!! PLEASE someone find away to bring back the best progra ever on television !!
Thanks for letting me give my opinion and believe me there are plenty with the same feelings!!

There has to be someone with clout that is seeing all of these posts and can do something to start shooting it again !!!
Thanks again !!

timerah August 10, 2014 at 3:19 am

Bring back flashpoint its the best show ever i believe that flashpointcan make it at least to season 8. This show has many young fans such as me and im only 13

dshon July 22, 2014 at 8:34 pm

can us bring this back it because makes me cry after Parker got shot n retired it wasn’t suppose to end like that after Lane became captain it suppose to continue please bring it back

Nancy gudmundson July 10, 2014 at 10:30 pm

Keep the show. It’s my very favorite. Looks real and not Hollywood. Love them all. Please keep it!

Helee patel June 6, 2014 at 1:12 am

pleaseeeeeeeee bring flashpoint back! seriously my favorite
show and I’m dyingggg to see more! The cast is PERFECT!

Jean Esler June 4, 2014 at 5:35 am

This is by far one of the best series I have ever followed. I would love to see more!! We would all love to see it return!! I’m only a few hours south of Canadian border. Lucky Canadians getting at least part of one more season!!

Megan Honaker May 29, 2014 at 7:04 am

i love flashpoint please bring the show back….

Fil Braham Carbonell May 29, 2014 at 2:51 am

Plz plz bring this back I am begging you

Rebecca White May 7, 2014 at 2:46 pm

I love this show! Bring it back!!