Flashpoint: Ending; No Season Six for ION TV Series

Flashpoint endingThe producers of Flashpoint have announced the end of their beloved cop series after 75 episodes and five seasons.

Created by Stephanie Morgenstern and Mark Ellis in 2007 for CTV in Canada. CBS came on board as a production partner in 2008 and Flashpoint ran for three seasons as a successful utility player for the network. CBS made a deal to take on some of the episodes from the fourth season and then ION made a deal to take on the rest, as part of a syndication package.

CTV renewed Flashpoint for a fifth season and, in January, ION followed suit. Production began in February and will supposedly wrap in June. We don’t know when they’ll air but we do know that those will be the TV show’s final episodes.

In a message to fans on Facebook, the producers wrote:

To the Flashpoint Family:

Today we announced to our cast and crew that this will be our final season of FLASHPOINT. While still at our creative apex, we’ve decided to conclude the series on a high note. This will allow us to give our fans the satisfaction of a fitting series conclusion with our 75th, and final, episode. Producing FLASHPOINT over the past five seasons has been an exceptional adventure, and we are extremely grateful to all of you for being with us every step of the way. We hope that by announcing this now, you’ll be able to enjoy the fifth season to the utmost, and properly say goodbye to Team 1 along with all of us.

In response to numerous messages to fans, the producers later wrote, “Thanks to all the fans for your support! It wouldn’t have been the same without you. We promise to deliver a memorable final chapter.”

What do you think? Are you going to miss Flashpoint? How would you like to see this TV show end?

Canceled and renewed TV show

205 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Arnitadotsie D says

I’m truly torn that flashpoint is ending those guys became my family love them, I’ll will miss them greatly, is there any chance they can come back to us? Please?

2. john says

Found this show late, as did alot of our US Markets but went back Via netflix and watched from episode 1 to the end in about 2 weeks lol I will really miss it. Good writing GREAT acting and smooth plot lines that were not campy or too predictable. WELL DONE CANADA! but i thought everyone there was all peace and love.. so much violence. lol didnt think you guys would need a swat team :) But God Bless and thank you for the time we spent together you shall be missed.

Also I really had a thing for Jules. All the way back to the Pink Ranger days (the only reason to watch Power Rangers in my humble opinion)

3. says

I will miss FLASHPOINT so much. That was the first TV show that caught my eye and that I real love to watch. So they should make more episodes of FLASHPOINT. I will mostly miss Julies, Sam,Ed,Lou,Greg,Role,Wordy and I will definitely miss Spike and Winnie. I cryed for 8 days when I found out there is no more FLASHPOINT. You will be missed. I LOVE YOU TEAM 1 LOVE, CIARA ANNA CRYSTAL LARUE

4. kyle says

I enjoyed the show I watch it every night all night on Netflix .. You guys made a great show. And a great cast and a good bond with the cast you guys truely are family.. I don’t have a favorite character bc the whole team is my my favorite. Great job guys

“KEEP TGE PEACE“

5. Will Nardelli says

The best show of T.V.
    Best actors. This is a gift to the viewer. Each show is precious
    It makes no sense to cancel it.

With all these poor senseless garbage with bad acting being renewed.
    Let the creative department make the decisions not the committees
    who don’t know the difference.

Will Nardelli

6. Hayden says

I’m going to for sure miss this show. It made me figure out what I want my career to be. Please keep the show going.