Flashpoint: Ending; No Season Six for ION TV Series

Flashpoint endingThe producers of Flashpoint have announced the end of their beloved cop series after 75 episodes and five seasons.

Created by Stephanie Morgenstern and Mark Ellis in 2007 for CTV in Canada. CBS came on board as a production partner in 2008 and Flashpoint ran for three seasons as a successful utility player for the network. CBS made a deal to take on some of the episodes from the fourth season and then ION made a deal to take on the rest, as part of a syndication package.

CTV renewed Flashpoint for a fifth season and, in January, ION followed suit. Production began in February and will supposedly wrap in June. We don’t know when they’ll air but we do know that those will be the TV show’s final episodes.

In a message to fans on Facebook, the producers wrote:

To the Flashpoint Family:

Today we announced to our cast and crew that this will be our final season of FLASHPOINT. While still at our creative apex, we’ve decided to conclude the series on a high note. This will allow us to give our fans the satisfaction of a fitting series conclusion with our 75th, and final, episode. Producing FLASHPOINT over the past five seasons has been an exceptional adventure, and we are extremely grateful to all of you for being with us every step of the way. We hope that by announcing this now, you’ll be able to enjoy the fifth season to the utmost, and properly say goodbye to Team 1 along with all of us.

In response to numerous messages to fans, the producers later wrote, “Thanks to all the fans for your support! It wouldn’t have been the same without you. We promise to deliver a memorable final chapter.”

What do you think? Are you going to miss Flashpoint? How would you like to see this TV show end?

Angela Riley December 15, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Don’t understand why out of all shows this show has ended. I really love the team an how each actor really fit their role. Please bring the show back. And please don’t change the team for any substitutes. Figure something out. Until then I’m watching reruns till ya do.. Thank you!

milagros vasquez December 10, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Hello my name is Milagros Vasquez and i am one of the biggest fan of flash-point and i really love this show and I wish there was another episode. I am a biggest fan of David Paetkau aka Sam Braddock and also the entire team and i would really like to meet the entire team 1 from flash-point i watch the episodes over and over and i don’t get tired.

alisha November 30, 2014 at 7:18 pm

I think there should be a six season. theres so much that is left that the can make another or more seasons from. I wanna know what happens to the rest like ed and how he would lead team one and what wil happen to everyone one.

Bob November 18, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Good action series,plus good real life storys bring back!!!!!!!!

TJ November 18, 2014 at 10:03 am

I never understood why a TV station would cancel good series just to add additional stupid comedies. I am so proud of ION for taking on all the good series you dumb regular stations seem to cancel. Maybe ION will continue to rise in popularity. You know not all individuals watch TV for reality, comedy, or lecture shows which seem to dominate the airways for the last several years. I guess that is what happens when you become greedy as always.
ION please continue to run Flashpoint, Cold Case, Blue Bloods, which you recently picked up, I am guessing that is another great series that got cancelled; and stop showing Criminal Intent only on the weekends. I noticed you have cut back on that series constantly running on your station and a great big “thank-you” from one fan. The series is okay but not 24/7.
Consider keeping the mentioned series as yours is the only decent station there seems to be anything worth watching on.

TJ

joey November 16, 2014 at 10:01 pm

why stop the show. sam is leading team3 and i want to see how he gets alog like wtf. what about there baby???????

Zach November 7, 2014 at 8:49 am

Action adventure, I love it and please consider adding a sixth season please it is a great TV show I love itand it’s outstanding please make season 6 season it is very hard to see flashpoint go please make a new 6th season thank you so much why no more 6 season please

Sharyn M. October 29, 2014 at 6:05 am

I cannot believe FLASHPOINT is canceled when it is THE BEST show ever! Now, besides Criminal Minds, all that’s left are dumb shows. How can ION just let FLASHPOINT go as without them, the ratings will plummet. It is the biggest mistake not to have renewed the show. Now I just have to buy the DVDs because other than Criminal Minds, there is no reason to watch ION at all. I am so disappointed.

Mikaila October 28, 2014 at 4:51 pm

I watched all five seasons in one month and this is the best show I’ve ever seen!! Please do another closing season!!!

Joshua Cheung October 24, 2014 at 1:28 pm

I don’t think that FLASHPOINT season 6 should be cancelled because I learned a lot from it, and that makes me want to be a Police Officer some day even stronger, the location is the best and I loved it, it is located in my hometown: Toronto Canada

Chief October 13, 2014 at 6:58 am

I am extreamly sad to see them go. Kinda wish ion would keep em on the air as ik they should. Espicaly since they just upgraded ed to srgt lane they really should do a 6 still with team 1.