Flashpoint: Ending; No Season Six for ION TV Series

Flashpoint endingThe producers of Flashpoint have announced the end of their beloved cop series after 75 episodes and five seasons.

Created by Stephanie Morgenstern and Mark Ellis in 2007 for CTV in Canada. CBS came on board as a production partner in 2008 and Flashpoint ran for three seasons as a successful utility player for the network. CBS made a deal to take on some of the episodes from the fourth season and then ION made a deal to take on the rest, as part of a syndication package.

CTV renewed Flashpoint for a fifth season and, in January, ION followed suit. Production began in February and will supposedly wrap in June. We don’t know when they’ll air but we do know that those will be the TV show’s final episodes.

In a message to fans on Facebook, the producers wrote:

To the Flashpoint Family:

Today we announced to our cast and crew that this will be our final season of FLASHPOINT. While still at our creative apex, we’ve decided to conclude the series on a high note. This will allow us to give our fans the satisfaction of a fitting series conclusion with our 75th, and final, episode. Producing FLASHPOINT over the past five seasons has been an exceptional adventure, and we are extremely grateful to all of you for being with us every step of the way. We hope that by announcing this now, you’ll be able to enjoy the fifth season to the utmost, and properly say goodbye to Team 1 along with all of us.

In response to numerous messages to fans, the producers later wrote, “Thanks to all the fans for your support! It wouldn’t have been the same without you. We promise to deliver a memorable final chapter.”

What do you think? Are you going to miss Flashpoint? How would you like to see this TV show end?

Bud Sutton April 23, 2015 at 9:33 am

I’m really sad that Flashpoint is ending after season 6. This was a very well written series and the actors were very good. I hope you will change your mind and continue the series.

Bud Sutton

Marilyn April 2, 2015 at 8:17 am

I am half way through season 5 watching it on Netflix. I am saddened by knowing I’m almost finished with the series and wish it would have gone on for many more years. The shows were well written and the acting was superb. I wish it could be brought back.

Anonymous April 13, 2015 at 11:28 pm

Same here just finished it on Netflix. Awesome series. Hate they ended it! !!

Jeannie March 16, 2015 at 4:42 pm

please don’t cancel flashpoint best show ever

Anonymous March 14, 2015 at 2:31 am

Bring it back I love this show

Collin March 14, 2015 at 12:13 am

As a emergency personel myself I really enjoyed flashpoint and I don’t want it to end

Sandra March 3, 2015 at 6:36 pm

I love this show. I can not believe they ended it. They really should bring it back It was so well done. The actors were fantastic in this show.

Mary Ellen Kirkwood February 24, 2015 at 1:23 am

Why did Flashpoint go off. I personally really enjoyed this program. This program could have done a lot of programs to make people aware of terrist. It was an excellent program compared to others that’s are still on. For the cast you left use hanging on what happened in these type of first responders lives are affected by the work they do. The world community need to see what is going on in city that’s they need to be aware of. These actors did a fantastic job. I am very unhappy that’s a program like this could be canceled. People have to realize groups like ISIS are attaching our way of life and our freedoms. The writers could have been able to get people in North America when this war started. It was very intelligently done. Other important issued could have been focused on so they would be aware of what police units are dealing with on a daily basic like – guns in school, mental illness, depression, terroriSt sects, autisum, teachers sexual abusing childRen from K – 12, and many more issues North Americans are dealing with.
The actors did a great performance every show. Pass this on to someone that’s matters in continuing this show.

Kelly February 22, 2015 at 10:18 pm

Please bring it back!!! :)

Jan Peterson February 19, 2015 at 9:37 am

I did not want it to end!!! And neither did the rest of the entire world!!! Bring it back in 2015. Epic!!!!!!

Beth February 7, 2015 at 11:12 am

Please bring it back. I love this show. It was the best show ever I agree.

Kee C. February 6, 2015 at 12:16 am

Please bring back Flashpoint!! Not another show on TV can come close to it. The characters were cast perfectly. I really miss it.

prince January 22, 2015 at 11:24 pm

Please bring this show back the best series ever