Flashpoint: Ending; No Season Six for ION TV Series

Flashpoint endingThe producers of Flashpoint have announced the end of their beloved cop series after 75 episodes and five seasons.

Created by Stephanie Morgenstern and Mark Ellis in 2007 for CTV in Canada. CBS came on board as a production partner in 2008 and Flashpoint ran for three seasons as a successful utility player for the network. CBS made a deal to take on some of the episodes from the fourth season and then ION made a deal to take on the rest, as part of a syndication package.

CTV renewed Flashpoint for a fifth season and, in January, ION followed suit. Production began in February and will supposedly wrap in June. We don’t know when they’ll air but we do know that those will be the TV show’s final episodes.

In a message to fans on Facebook, the producers wrote:

To the Flashpoint Family:

Today we announced to our cast and crew that this will be our final season of FLASHPOINT. While still at our creative apex, we’ve decided to conclude the series on a high note. This will allow us to give our fans the satisfaction of a fitting series conclusion with our 75th, and final, episode. Producing FLASHPOINT over the past five seasons has been an exceptional adventure, and we are extremely grateful to all of you for being with us every step of the way. We hope that by announcing this now, you’ll be able to enjoy the fifth season to the utmost, and properly say goodbye to Team 1 along with all of us.

In response to numerous messages to fans, the producers later wrote, “Thanks to all the fans for your support! It wouldn’t have been the same without you. We promise to deliver a memorable final chapter.”

What do you think? Are you going to miss Flashpoint? How would you like to see this TV show end?

Canceled and renewed TV show

200 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Di Ann says

I discovered Flashpoint the first episode the first season and quickly got my husband hooked as well. We looked forward to each new season and we are so sad to see it end. We will probably embarrass ourselves by saying this, but we continue to watch reruns over and over. The cast of the show was perfect; their on-screen dynamic was unbeatable. Each week, the plots were unpredictable and unlike anything else on T.V. Thank you Flashpoint for giving us a program to look forward to. We will miss you and someone please pick up the reruns!

2. Mary says

This show is the best! Please keep it going if possible. If not, thank you for the time we had. Many thanks to the cast and crew. You guys are great!

3. Barb says

PLEASE don’t cancel this program. it really is one of the best TV shows ever; we love the cast and the stories. can’t we change your mind? it will make a lot of people very unhappy to see Flashpoint go! PLEASE KEEP IT GOING!! thx –Barb

4. Shelly says

When will season 5 start airing on ION? This is a really great show and it is too bad that this will be the finale season for it.

5. Anonymous says

I and my husband have loved this show. I hope Ion changes it’s mind, however, I hope that by the ending Sam and Jules marries.

6. Martha says

What is wrong with CBS. They keep cancelling the good shows. They had cancelled Without A Trace, Unforgettable, Cold Case and now Flashpoint. Enough with reality shows. I really liked Flashpoint and this was the only show I watched on a major station over the summer. Otherwise I watch shows on U.S.A and TNT. Summer shows on these stations are far better than the ones they have on the three major stations (ABC, NBC & CBS).

7. Kat says

The best police show ever! And it confirmed what I suspected while watching Power Rangers forever ago… that the Pink Ranger is one of the few on that show who could actually act. I’ll be sorry to see it go.

8. Adam Decker says

Will they release all the episodes to DVD in America? Is it cancelled in Canada as well as in America?

9. says

I love, love,love this show. It is AWESOME !!! I always looked forward to it every week. I am seriously bummed . Another quality show taken away . T.V is becoming less and less entertaining . I wish the best to the AWESOME cast and hope to see them somewhere else soon . I especially love Enricho, he is awesome . Thanks for the 5 years we had. FLASHPOINT FOREVER . Am buying all the dvd’s . Love you forever Team 1 .

10. Tay says

I really enjoyed this show when it aired during the summer months on CBS Network but then it ended up being moved to the ION Network which my local cable provider does not have.

I guess I will have to watch the cbs shows I miss on dvd and all the new ones that have and are still airing on the ION Network on DVD as well once they are release on dvd. FlashPoint will be miss.

11. Why Watch says

Not the best show, but better than most TV police shows. And I got to see some Toronto sights as well. Could’ve done without some of the in-work romantic part though.