Flashpoint: Ending; No Season Six for ION TV Series

Flashpoint endingThe producers of Flashpoint have announced the end of their beloved cop series after 75 episodes and five seasons.

Created by Stephanie Morgenstern and Mark Ellis in 2007 for CTV in Canada. CBS came on board as a production partner in 2008 and Flashpoint ran for three seasons as a successful utility player for the network. CBS made a deal to take on some of the episodes from the fourth season and then ION made a deal to take on the rest, as part of a syndication package.

CTV renewed Flashpoint for a fifth season and, in January, ION followed suit. Production began in February and will supposedly wrap in June. We don’t know when they’ll air but we do know that those will be the TV show’s final episodes.

In a message to fans on Facebook, the producers wrote:

To the Flashpoint Family:

Today we announced to our cast and crew that this will be our final season of FLASHPOINT. While still at our creative apex, we’ve decided to conclude the series on a high note. This will allow us to give our fans the satisfaction of a fitting series conclusion with our 75th, and final, episode. Producing FLASHPOINT over the past five seasons has been an exceptional adventure, and we are extremely grateful to all of you for being with us every step of the way. We hope that by announcing this now, you’ll be able to enjoy the fifth season to the utmost, and properly say goodbye to Team 1 along with all of us.

In response to numerous messages to fans, the producers later wrote, “Thanks to all the fans for your support! It wouldn’t have been the same without you. We promise to deliver a memorable final chapter.”

What do you think? Are you going to miss Flashpoint? How would you like to see this TV show end?

Anonymous January 20, 2013 at 1:10 am

BRING IT BACK BEST SHOW ON TV

Roger Hill January 16, 2013 at 3:30 am

Please don’t end this TV Show.. I love this show and have follow it every week and have watch every season. And now you say there won’t be a season 6. This is VERY up Setting to me. PLEASE PLEASE do a SEASON 6. There are a lot of PEOPLE who loves this show and don’t want to see it end. Your ratings on this show has GONE UP a WHOLE LOT. Ratings are VERY HIGH. And it being AIR on ION is Awesome, Ratings since it’s been on ION is GROWN VERY MUCH and have had a lot of PEOPLE watching it.. Again Please Don’t End this Show. I’m begging you to keep this show going for me and your Die Hard Fans.. Please contact me by my email and let me know if you are still going to end this and why? Thanks for you time and i pray that you keep this show for a few more season. I think your making a bad mistake ending this show. Please Please Don’t end this SHOW!! Roger Hill

Donna January 14, 2013 at 1:08 am

Please bring this show back. Amazing character development and incredible acting. This was our favorite show and I am so sad to see it go

Donna January 14, 2013 at 1:05 am

Please bring this show back. It is somwell done, the development of the characters and acting is amazing. Suspense and action. Truly the best show on t.v. I really hope they will reconsider and bring this show back

David A. January 3, 2013 at 8:11 pm

While I know I’m going to miss this show (one of my BIGGEST favorites) and the setting in Toronto, people seem to forget that actors have lives (and careers) too. While it’s not so bad for the more experienced actors (Hugh, Rico), for the younger actors (David, Amy Jo) it’s a real problem playing the same role for more than five years! They need to have a chance to demonstrate and develop their acting skills (so they can prove they are not “one trick ponies”). It’s also good for the fans that the series is being ended on a high note, giving us a gentle landing.

Similarly, there was a show in Australian television (called “Blue Heelers”) that introduced an actress fresh out of acting school (Lisa McCune). In her role as Constable Maggie Doyle, she TOTALLY dominated Oz television, winning the Aussie version of the Prime-Time Emmies (the Gold (professional vote) and Silver (popular vote) Logies) every year until she begged the show’s producers to kill off her character! The episode containing her death scene was (and still is) the most-watched drama in the ENTIRE history of Australian television! Fortunately, she then played the lead female role in another award-winning series (Sea Patrol), and was very successful in her performance of Maria in a stage production of “the Sound of Music”. Lisa is an example of a strength of the Australian entertainment industry – they know how to nurture their talent.

Gilbert December 30, 2012 at 7:09 pm

This is a huge mistake to take my favorite tv show and cancel it.
I hope that they bring the series back and give us what we’ve wanting.
Its a really a mistake and after I found out 10 minutes ago I felt like crying.
This is my one show that I could wait for but i’m very disappointed about this.
I’m only 14 years old and i’m aready missing Flashpoint. I hope it gets brought back.
I wish its back and the producers will bring a better episodes.

Darlene from BC December 28, 2012 at 11:17 pm

I think it is a crime that this has been discontinued. It is one of the best shows on TV and soon as it gets bought out the sam new company cuts it. What is wrong……is a Canadian show too good so you don’t want competition? Bloody awful I am so pissed off I will find pout what other shows that company airs and boycott them.

Kathy Goss December 28, 2012 at 10:42 pm

I think Flashpoint is an excellant show! I do not watch alot of t.v., just don’t have time. I do make time to see this show or record it if necessary. I am truly sorry to see it go. I think it is a mistake to end it. I hope this decision is reconsidered

Sincerely
Kathy

Lorrie December 21, 2012 at 8:56 pm

I am just getting the show down here in Texas and now you are cancelling it??? I Love the show!!! Thanks a lot!

dido13 December 15, 2012 at 10:33 pm

We are so mad that this show has been cancelled…WHY ???? Every week we watch great acting and a great storyline and throughly entertained. Why is so much garbage being kept on and great shows like this being cancelled. I hope some one reconsiders this BIG mistake and bring it back on air.
But still, I would like an answer about the garbage that is being kept on .

Karen December 13, 2012 at 11:08 pm

I am also ticked. This was one of our favourite shows and 1 Canadian production that was exciting to watch. Great cast, great storylines, great actors. It was a big mistake and a big loss for Canadian exposure.

Ida December 8, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Very disappointed this great Canadian tv show is coming to an end.
Please reconsider as it’s such a great show. The entire production, writers, actors, filming, and having it filmed in Toronto is a plus.
Keep the show going.

Gail December 8, 2012 at 8:03 am

I am ticked off. Why cancel a show that everyone is watching? I don’t get it! This is an amazing show and we pvr it all the time. Last night my husband and teens sat and watched at least 3 episodes including the first of the final two. This show has a great story line and characters that we love to watch and want to know what will happen next. Isn’t that considered a success? The relationships and storylines continue to keep us coming back and all the actors are doing an awewome job. What is the problem? I am thinking about going out and buy all the season episodes but right now I am just really ticked off at this management decision. Not much I want to watch on the boob tube. This show is a keeper…love to see the references to Toronto all the time instead of having to see everything in New York… Why are you giving up? That’s just not Canadian….eh?…..

natalie December 7, 2012 at 7:54 pm

I am extremely disappointed that Flashpoint is ending. It was a great action-drama show and delivered suspense week after week. The actors were great and made the characters believable, the plots were well thought out and the delivery was excellent. It was great to see Toronto…… our great city filmed. Still not sure why the show is being cancelled when the viewership is there. Just watched the 2nd last episode and it is only confirmed that “Canadians are losing one of the best shows produced.”

natalie December 7, 2012 at 7:52 pm

I am extreamly disappointed that Flashpoint is ending. It was a great action-drama show and delivered suspence week after week. The actors were great and made the characters believable, the plots were well thought out and the delivery was excellent. It was great to see Toronto…… our great city filmed. Still not sure why the show is being cancelled when the viewership is there. Just watched the 2nd last episode and it is only confirmed that “Canadians are loosing one of the best shows produced.”