Flashpoint: Ending; No Season Six for ION TV Series

Flashpoint endingThe producers of Flashpoint have announced the end of their beloved cop series after 75 episodes and five seasons.

Created by Stephanie Morgenstern and Mark Ellis in 2007 for CTV in Canada. CBS came on board as a production partner in 2008 and Flashpoint ran for three seasons as a successful utility player for the network. CBS made a deal to take on some of the episodes from the fourth season and then ION made a deal to take on the rest, as part of a syndication package.

CTV renewed Flashpoint for a fifth season and, in January, ION followed suit. Production began in February and will supposedly wrap in June. We don’t know when they’ll air but we do know that those will be the TV show’s final episodes.

In a message to fans on Facebook, the producers wrote:

To the Flashpoint Family:

Today we announced to our cast and crew that this will be our final season of FLASHPOINT. While still at our creative apex, we’ve decided to conclude the series on a high note. This will allow us to give our fans the satisfaction of a fitting series conclusion with our 75th, and final, episode. Producing FLASHPOINT over the past five seasons has been an exceptional adventure, and we are extremely grateful to all of you for being with us every step of the way. We hope that by announcing this now, you’ll be able to enjoy the fifth season to the utmost, and properly say goodbye to Team 1 along with all of us.

In response to numerous messages to fans, the producers later wrote, “Thanks to all the fans for your support! It wouldn’t have been the same without you. We promise to deliver a memorable final chapter.”

What do you think? Are you going to miss Flashpoint? How would you like to see this TV show end?

Canceled and renewed TV show

193 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Dianne says

I just watched the final episode and I can’t believe it is over. I LOVE this show and can’t believe it will no longer be on. PLEASE reconsider continuing this show. The way the show ended it can certainly come back and then we can all be happy again.

2. Christine says

I was so happy when Ion picked up flashpoint the best show you offer! Please don’t cancel this show . I look forward, and plan to see each episade-love the plot line,characters, very realistic. Again please don’t cancel.

3. Rita says

Here goes another good show. Oh well it will help me to watch less TV. I hate those stupid reality shows and the so called funny shows

4. Debi says

I’m over 60 and found this to be one of the best tv series I’ve ever watched…..
    I think it is crazy to end this show. No other show I’m aware of of this caliber on TV for the last several years. Superb acting. Superb characters. Superb story lines…. Excellent writing…..I’m so sad. Literally. I hate reality shows and am amazed that they are ending this show.

5. says

I cannot believe that they are ending my favorite show, Flashpoint. I have watched every episode and will truly miss it.

In fact, it is the ONLY television show that I watch. I cannot see why they have about 5 Criminal Minds episodes up until 11pm, then they show Flashpoint.

Maybe if they had aired it earlier in the evening, instead of 11pm. Some people go to bed before 11pm, and never get to see it. Especially because people can’t tape it with the new invention of DVDs. Guess I’ll stop watching TV. No other TV show is worth seeing.

6. Larry & Karen says

I don’t understand the act of killing off a series that literally had me holding my breath and trying to help whoever had to make the decision for this week. It truly is one of the few “police procedural” shows that you feel good about the way they approach each emergency. I did not understand when CBS cancelled the show and I do not understand why you feel it is time to leave. PLEASE RECONSIDER!!!!

7. John says

Have to agree with everyone’s comments already posted. flashpoint was a great show that brought our entire family together to watch each show. Doesn’t make sense to us that good shows are getting cancelled and new stupid reality shows staying on? Granted is must be much harder to write for a show like Flashpoint rather than some of these stupid shows they’ve added to replace the good shows. Make them earn their money and write for good shows again.

8. mary Ann asbury says

What is wrong with people Why do they continue to take off all the good shows and leave on these stupid reality shows
    Flashpoint was the Best!!!!!!!!!!

9. JoAnn says

I live in New Jersey and absolutely love the series Flashpoint.
    Each actor does a wonderful job portraying their character.
    I will continue to pray for a miracle!!

10. Patty says

I completely agree with what Trish and the others are feeling. BEST show on TV and I never miss it. Can’t believe the producers couldn’t work something out or sell the rights to another producer to keep it going. I am very sad.

11. Linda says

Very disappointed. I would rather watch reruns of excellent shows like Flashpoint then some of the new, shallow shows that seem to be all over like reality shows that are so full of fiction, they are boring and embarassing to sit through.

12. Trish says

I am devastated that Flashpoint won’t be returning for season 6! It is definitely my favorite show on tv and I have never missed a show since it began on ION tv station. I will miss every character on the show; I feel like I know all of them personally. Is there any chance the tv execs will reconsider and bring it back for season 6?

13. jeane says

My husband and I love this show. The acting, storylines, and character development are incredible. It is unfortunate that a show of this quality is being cancelled when there is so much ‘junk’ programming crowding prime time viewing. Sad, indeed!

14. Kristen says

I am so very dissapointed. I feel like they are cancelling all the good shows. This is one of the few shows that gives you a real story line that showed you how some people still care. that everyone is important, not just some of us. They try to do everything they can to save people. Great actors too. Greg is fabulous. A huge loss to television. They will be missed!!! I guess we need some more reality shows instead. Not enough of those yet.

15. Kathy says

I am really disappointed that Flashpoint is not coming back. It was one of the few shows on (accessible) TV that had depth of both stories and personalities.